Faroe Islands v Scotland

3 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

McTominay will play as one of the back 3.

Everyone, including the manager, knows that Gilmour now starts, with McGinn and McGregor.

Noticed that gilmour was suffering and being stretched out for cramp after the goal. I wouldn't be surprised if he's rested for this. On the bench if we need him tho.

56 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Noticed that gilmour was suffering and being stretched out for cramp after the goal. I wouldn't be surprised if he's rested for this. On the bench if we need him tho.

No danger he's being rested 

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Hanley back into defence for McTominay. 

Christie for Adams (which I'd probably have done even before knowing Adams was out).

McGregor / McTominay coin flip in midfield.

Otherwise, as you were.

I think Hendry will drop out for Hanley 

Purely cause it's faroes and attack attack attack 

Gordon

Patterson

McTominay

Hanley

Tierney

Robertson

Gilmour

Mcgregor

Mcginn

Nisbet

Dykes 

Edited by Binos

I believe we can actually clinch second place tomorrow night with a win and losses by Austria and Israel. That’s pretty unlikely as Israel are at home to Moldova, but with Austria playing away to Denmark it should hopefully be an opportunity to eliminate them and only need to worry about Israel. 

Id be  going nisbet for Adams, 

Hanley back in defence, with Hendry to bench,

I'm concerned by the yellow card situation , 

Do we encourage some to get booked against Faroes so they use up the suspension against Moldova ensuring they wil be available for Denmark game, 

Or do we need to make sure we have all the first picks available for Moldova and risk them missing the Denmark game which might be a dead rubber, 

The chances are those on a yellow at least one or two will get a booking against the Faroes

41 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Do we encourage some to get booked against Faroes so they use up the suspension against Moldova ensuring they wil be available for Denmark game, 

Or do we need to make sure we have all the first picks available for Moldova and risk them missing the Denmark game which might be a dead rubber, 

The chances are those on a yellow at least one or two will get a booking against the Faroes

The Denmark game isn’t going to be a dead rubber no matter what results we get. We are still competing against all the other 2nd placed teams to get seeded for the playoffs.

The strongest team available needs to play in every game.

Buzzing for this already. 

With Adams out, I’d assume Christie will be his replacement, but it’s tough to know. Could be Fraser but I feel like it’s a game better suited to Christie.

Christie came on looking like he had a point to prove last night. I’d say we let him loose. No harm in it.

I thought Christie looked sharp when he came on last night so I'd have him in for Adams tomorrow. 

I do like Fraser and he seemed to work well with Dykes when they've played together, but the Faroes will presumably sit very deep tomorrow so Fraser might not have as much opportunity to use his pace and get in behind. The only other change I would have is Hanley in for Hendry, which is probably a bit harsh on Hendry but we need the big stopper back there. 

I think we'll do the business fairly comfortably here. 0-3.

1 hour ago, Willie adie said:

No resting against Moldova, IMO. Go all out to win the next two and just do your best against Denmark but hopefully with playoffs already secured.

Main issue yellows wise is that both RWB options and our two best strikers both are on the tightrope. The striker situation sorts itself with Adams being out, so hopefully he will be back for November. RWB is more concerning, we need to make sure that at most one of SOD and Patterson get booked tomorrow 

3 minutes ago, dezz said:

I thought Christie looked sharp when he came on last night so I'd have him in for Adams tomorrow. 

I do like Fraser and he seemed to work well with Dykes when they've played together, but the Faroes will presumably sit very deep tomorrow so Fraser might not have as much opportunity to use his pace and get in behind. The only other change I would have is Hanley in for Hendry, which is probably a bit harsh on Hendry but we need the big stopper back there. 

48 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

The Denmark game isn’t going to be a dead rubber no matter what results we get. We are still competing against all the other 2nd placed teams to get seeded for the playoffs.

The strongest team available needs to play in every game.

Very true.  We can secure second place completely disregarding the Denmark game, but it could end up coming down to that one to determine seeding.  And we really want to be seeded.  That would obviously mean an easier semi-final, but also playing at Hampden.  At the moment (and obviously a caveat on that, because it can wildly change, including us not being there) a seeded spot would be a one-off at Hampden against Austria, Wales, North Macedonia, Norway, Ukraine or the Czech Republic.  Unseeded would be away to Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland or Albania.  

A point in that final match could make all the difference, but it could end up coming down to just avoiding a heavy defeat.  We're sitting on +4 at the moment, noticeably better than the lower sides, but 2 or 3-0 could change things.

20 hours ago, ropy said:

If we win a penalty at 0-0, Dykes doesn’t take it.

If we win a penalty at 0-4 up and Dykes is on the park, he takes it?

Reasonable?

Got a couple of down votes for this but according to the Herald, Clarke agrees that Dykes should be off the penalties.  My secondary point was that if the game is won and we get a penalty then giving it to Dykes presents an opportunity for him to get back on track and not let his poor penalties be a ‘thing’.

14 minutes ago, ropy said:

Got a couple of down votes for this but according to the Herald, Clarke agrees that Dykes should be off the penalties.  My secondary point was that if the game is won and we get a penalty then giving it to Dykes presents an opportunity for him to get back on track and not let his poor penalties be a ‘thing’.

It's like when Gordon Strachan was playing he used  to always make sure he had a suspension over the Xmas period he said