Faroe Islands v Scotland

They’re certainly not as shite as they were 20 years ago when they were going 2-0 up against us

Correct they are not even the diddy team for our group, thats moldova
They have been slowly improving over the years and getting more and more competitive and what’s more they don’t appear to have done so with a bunch of granny rulers either.
We should be beating them yes but what they’ve managed given their population is pretty remarkable

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Too many.....fans, players and management it seems....got carried away with Saturday night. 

Out of 180 minutes of football, we've been utter shite for 135 of them. Fortunately, we got away with it against two less than average sides. 

If we want to get to the world cup, we're going to have to win away in Moldova and then beat two decent sides in the play-offs. 

At the moment we've got f**k all chance of getting to Qatar. 

That's the spirit.

4 games won in a row ...

f**k's sake. I can't really write full sentences after that, so, thoughts:

1) a massive get out fo jail, not so much from the point of view of getting to the play-offs, which we still probably would've, but for being seeded and actually making the fucking tournament. 

2) Fair play to the the Faroes, they were tremendous and so we're their fans. Deserved a draw and I feel a bit guilty. 

3) this reminds me of the Serbia play off in that I should be relived and happy, but the levels of stress and cortisol are still so high in my body that I feel depressed and unhappy. 

4) the second half was bog standard but the first was an utter farce. That puts to bed any arguments about resting players or clever rotation or what have you. 

5) I first heard tetris as a tune in a random Tuesday night with nothing-better-to-do game between QPR and Derby about 20 years ago. Haven't heard it much since. I like it and we should steal it. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Robin.Hood said:

That's the spirit.

4 games won in a row ...

Of course we have, but that's not the point. In 3 of these 4 games we've been awful for most or all of the 90 minutes. 

I'm merely pointing out that sheer luck alone is not going to get us through 2 play-off games that won't be against Moldova, Israel or The Faroes. 

We're going to have to improve dramatically in defence, and in defensive midfield. 

Very underwhelming performance but a very welcome victory.

I’d have thought after Saturday we’d have no problem getting the team going again but we were so flat it was unbelievable. Credit to the blubber butchers though, they played well, particularly in the first half.

Let’s hope Dykes can continue this impressive scoring run and we pick it up a bit against Moldova.