Faroe Islands v Scotland

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

Lithuania away last time we played them is the only 'comfortable' victory i can remember in a very long time of watching Scotland 

I'm talking gough late winner v Cyprus type duration 

Some games may have escaped my memory but we are never comfortable 

We beat the Faroes 4-0 about 5 months ago. 

In terms of competitive away games only Gibraltar I can remember in recent years was done and dusted (in our favour) by half time.

Malta was 1-1 at half time before a dodgy pen and red card led to us running away with it and San Marino under mcleish was 1-0 until about the 70th minute iirc. 

Edit : forgot about Albania in Nations League, we skated that one albeit again there was an early red card for them. 

Edited by Fuctifano

At the risk of getting downvotes we aren't going to win just by turning up. I'm not really nervous and I am optimistic that we'll win, but if we don't it's not the end of the world. It's an odd one, we haven't faced this challenge much and we haven't come up much against a defensive 4-5-1. Early goal would be nice.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
A horrible team and a horrible strip.

Crawford changed the change when he came on for Dickov though. Fucking Paul Dickov ffs

Dickov was the epitome of a headless chicken - one of those players who was picked for his "energy" but did f**k all when he had the ball.

An absolute waste of a jersey. He was shite when he was in a decent Arsenal team, then ended up in the third tier with Man City where he scored a few goals. Must have been a fucking awful level for him to score a few. 

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

An absolute waste of a jersey. He was shite when he was in a decent Arsenal team, then ended up in the third tier with Man City where he scored a few goals. Must have been a fucking awful level for him to score a few. 

You're leaving out the part where he worked his way back up to the top flight, played there for 6 out of the next 7 seasons and scored 33 goals in 135 games.

2 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

The team from the 2-2 draw in 2002...... 

Take out Lambert and Ferguson and that is an extremely weak Scotland team.  Some will continue to moan about options up front but how would we feel these days with the likes of Kevin Kyle and Stephen Dobie leading the attack? 

There were quite a number of young players in that team but very few went on to have even half decent careers. Surely the current side with players from the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Aston Villa is far stronger than the team 19 years ago.

Scotland: Douglas, Ross, Crainey, Dailly, Weir, Dickov, Ferguson, Lambert, Johnston, Kyle, Dobie.

Substitutes: Gallacher, McNaughton, Thompson, Wilkie, Alexander, Williams, Crawford.

Not only is our current squad vastly superior, there are probably a dozen guys right now that can't even get in our squad that would have been first 11 players back then e.g Gauld, Watt, Hickey etc

It was very soon after this that the likes of Fletcher, McFadden, Miller, Maloney, Hutton and the Hibs golden generation emerged. But even at our peak in 2007(?) the squad didn't have the depth it does now. I'd happily argue our current squad is the best this millennium, and is pretty close to being better than the 1998 squad, if it isn't already.

22 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

At the risk of getting downvotes we aren't going to win just by turning up. I'm not really nervous and I am optimistic that we'll win, but if we don't it's not the end of the world. It's an odd one, we haven't faced this challenge much and we haven't come up much against a defensive 4-5-1. Early goal would be nice.

Good to see you continuing with your tried and tested posting method of saying exactly the same thing as 90% of posters in the thread but phrasing it as if you've had a unique and controversial insight that nobody else will be able to handle reading.

3 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Ryan Christie was brought in for Moldova in place of Callum McGregor, but would that restrict the attacks down the left flank from Tierney and Robertson that worked so well against Israel and the last time against the Faroe Islands.

I don't think it would restrict the attacks, more like compliment them. We all know that Tierney will virtually be a midfielder in this game anyway, as will Patterson and Robertson. So, if we did go for the same team as Israel with Hanley in for Adams as the only change, I wouldn't be too concerned.

8 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:

I don't think it would restrict the attacks, more like compliment them. We all know that Tierney will virtually be a midfielder in this game anyway, as will Patterson and Robertson. So, if we did go for the same team as Israel with Hanley in for Adams as the only change, I wouldn't be too concerned.

I don't remember seeing as much from Robertson and Tierney as a duo versus Moldova and I just assumed it was partly a result of Christie being in the team in place of McGregor

Anything less than 3 points is a disaster of a result.

They're not good, we're far better than we were the times we've dropped points there before and everyone knows it's a must win.

Of course we are capable of blowing it, but let's no kid on it's no a game we should win comfortably