Faroe Islands v Scotland

If we're at the point of moaning about whether or not we'll be seeded for the playoffs we look favourite to qualify for then I'd say things are pretty rosy. I moan at things during games as well but after the fact you need to take stock of that. 

This just after qualifying for the Euros as well. Some people will just never be happy I suppose.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Faroe Islands were absolutely robbed last night. They deserved to win.

That's fair; they had several gilt-edged chances to score, especially in the first half. Far better than anything we created. Had we playing someone like Denmark, you'd expect they'd have scored four or five unless they were being particularly profligate. It's worrying, but they didn't convert any of them, and somehow we won (which I'm putting down to Clarke having unnatural powers).

The ball absolutely came off Dykes' chest, by the way. I'm surprised there's still any question of it, as it was clear in the replays. Delighted things are coming good for him in a Scotland shirt; you'd think he could've picked up some caps for the Aussies if he'd wanted, and had a much easier shot at playing at a World Cup, but he chose us and there's no denying the effort he puts in, much like Adams.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I counted two misplaced passes from Gilmour last night. I'm surprised you've not been all over that tbh.

Not his passing that I'm trying to point out. It's his defending and how it negatively impacts our team especially when he is played in combination with McTominay. One day you'll understand.

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

After getting draws against Israel and Serbia, I think most of the country was convinced that we were near certainties to get out of, what was a fairly weak Euros group. 

What are you on about?

That's complete rubbish.

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I can't say I've been impressed by Dykes' performances (on the few times I've seen him, to be fair) but 4 goals in 4 internationals is good going.

He's never a Man City, Liverpool type of player, but certainly good enough for a mid to bottom half EPL team, footballing purists will never take to him though.

Guest Bob Mahelp
47 minutes ago, GiGi said:

If we're at the point of moaning about whether or not we'll be seeded for the playoffs we look favourite to qualify for then I'd say things are pretty rosy. I moan at things during games as well but after the fact you need to take stock of that. 

This just after qualifying for the Euros as well. Some people will just never be happy I suppose.

I'm not sure what that means. 

Were we happy that we qualified for the Euros ? Yes, of course. 

Were we happy that when we got there and looked like wee boys at a big boys party, and didn't do the country justice once again ? Well, I would hope not. 

There's long been a perception of Scottish football fans as 'just being happy to get there'. I'm sure you're not suggesting that. 

Not his passing that I'm trying to point out. It's his defending and how it negatively impacts our team especially when he is played in combination with McTominay. One day you'll understand.

"Negatively impacts" [emoji38]

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

That pic looks very dodgy but who caresad0dc42b6ceadde6cea09c198f36ec5d.jpg

Still photos are notoriously dreadful for making any useful judgement at. It hit him somewhere between the Adidas badge on his right breast and the 3 white stripes on the shoulder. It's not handball and certainly nowhere near enough evidence to overcome the fact it was given as a goal on the pitch. It would be interesting to find out if it was considered clear enough to over-rule if a goal hadn't been given but fortunately we didn't need to find out.

The Faroes looked far better than what I was expecting.  Was it us making them look good?.  Partly and they are also genuinely better than I thought after Hampden. 

Good result. Abject display but in contrast to some recent campaigns this team goes for 90 minutes. Or 96. Credit for that lads and look where we are now because of it. Wasn't  a fan of Stevie Clarke at the Euros and again last night the changes were half an hour too late. But fair play to him for where we are now in terms of qualifying

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Still photos are notoriously dreadful for making any useful judgement at. It hit him somewhere between the Adidas badge on his right breast and the 3 white stripes on the shoulder. It's not handball and certainly nowhere near enough evidence to overcome the fact it was given as a goal on the pitch. It would be interesting to find out if it was considered clear enough to over-rule if a goal hadn't been given but fortunately we didn't need to find out.

Was it confirmed he was onside ?

Edited by Ewan8472

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Always wanting more and never happy lol.

• when we make the playoffs we need to be seeded.
  • when we qualify we need to make it out the group
  • when we make it out the group we need to win
  • when we win we need to win it again and so it goes on.

The Sir Alex Ferguson way

Yep, his lack of a defensive skillset has a negative effect on our team. I have a few examples from last night - want me to share them with you?

You need to have a day off mate. It's really unhealthy how much Gilmour seems to upset you.