Faroe Islands v Scotland

Question is, how do we replace Dykes? Adams isn’t the same type of player - he’s not a physical threat and won’t hold the ball up. 

We don’t really have a big physical laddie up front if Dykes isn’t there.

Wait… wait a second… what’s that?

That’s… that’s Oli McBurnie’s music!

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Went onto buy a ticket for the Denmark game

Silly me 

C537428B-24A9-41CA-875C-207611FF4AA7.png

Assuming we beat Moldova, will this have any relevance other than seeing if somebody from this group can score against Schmeichel? (I'm thinking seeding)

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Worrying how long it took Clarke to change things is one of my main concerns of the evening. I get that we were much improved after the break but he seemed to leave it very late.

He does seem to be slow to take risks. We wait 45 minutes before putting the effort in. I think we can qualify but we need the team to get forward. I get that we are lacking up front but we still have to get men forward quicker and right from the start of the game.

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

And you couldnt be happier about it, miserable b*****d. 

I want Scotland to qualify for tournaments, and play the sort of football that means we make an impact on a tournament for the first time ever. 

If you want to call me a miserable b*****d because I simply wasn't happy that we were wee boys at a big boys party in the summer, or if I point out that our performances (despite the wins) haven't really been good enough, then fill yer boots. 

You keep up the happy clapping, I'm sure that as a Ross County fan tonight will have been the highlight of your season. 

26 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Too many.....fans, players and management it seems....got carried away with Saturday night. 

Out of 180 minutes of football, we've been utter shite for 135 of them. Fortunately, we got away with it against two less than average sides. 

If we want to get to the world cup, we're going to have to win away in Moldova and then beat two decent sides in the play-offs. 

At the moment we've got f**k all chance of getting to Qatar. 

A sign of a good team is that you keep winning even when you don’t play well.

A clean sheet, 3 points and qualification for the play offs still in our own hands.

Onwards and upwards.

Plenty of Scotland teams would have dropped points in the past in that game so we have to credit them for digging in.

I didn’t even notice the winner had gone in until I noticed Dykes peeling away a few seconds later so I didn’t celebrate and then the VAR check took ages again so was convinced it was offside. VAR is torture.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Bearing in mind that only our game v Denmark counts towards our total then it looks very much touch and go. Our goal difference is not great and those on 11 points, should they win their outstanding game(s) then they would virtually all be above us on goals.  However, I do actually believe that we can get something v Denmark at home.  Not convinced they would be overly bothered about qualifying with 100% record....nice to have but not enough to bust a gut if you have a big meanignful club match a few days later

Not done the stats myself but all the chat in the media before Israel was that 9 points guarantees seeded play off

Just now, rainbowrising said:

I get what you say but people seem to think this squad is built for something significant, that it can compete and achieve at a level no squad has done before. I dont see that.  At all. 

Dunno about that, but I'd have taken a play-off place after the groups were drawn. If we manage that, anything extra is gravy.

It doesn't feel impossible that, somehow, they could manage to get through to the finals. Hopefully we get to find out.

interesting take. kenny miller never came close to achieving 4 in 4 and he gave everything he had. 
Dykes is turning out to be some player for us 
Dunno if I expressed that clearly - I think Dykes is turning out brilliantly for us, despite being technically limited

I really like Dykes (oo er). He reminds me a bit of Andy Carroll, very unorthodox which seems to create problems for most defences. He always gets a chance, or creates something. Really struggle to understand the shite he gets thrown his way.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

A sign of a good team is that you keep winning even when you don’t play well.

A clean sheet, 3 points and qualification for the play offs still in our own hands.

Onwards and upwards.

I agree with that, of course. 

I don't see the problem though in hoping for performances that instill confidence that we can get past 2 really difficult teams in the play-offs. If we beat Moldova, of course. 

4 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I don’t think anyone thinks we’ve turned into a prime Italy squad here. It is ok to enjoy actually winning games and not being 4th in our qualification group for a change.

Italy will be shiting themselves if they have to play us on our inevitable march to world cup glory.

Even their fans are changing their allegience to Scotland.  They know which way the wind is blowing.

https://fb.watch/8BJDOhrR4r/

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I agree with that, of course. 

I don't see the problem though in hoping for performances that instill confidence that we can get past 2 really difficult teams in the play-offs. If we beat Moldova, of course. 

All that matters is that the players have confidence. Could you have seen us scoring late winners even a few games ago?!!