Faroe Islands v Scotland

9 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

We're probably unseeded now, that's a problem for later though. f**k it.

We are looking ok right now for seeding

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Second_Round

Probably hard to say with different numbers of counting matches played but it doesn't look like we are in trouble.

Just now, FTT said:

We’ll beat Moldova fairly easily. They’re a mess defensively whereas Faroes at least try to be competitive. We should have scored about 6/7 goals in the home game.

I'm really not superstitious (honest), but if people could refrain from saying things like this, that would be great!

I agree with Boyd and McFadden, don’t care how bad it was tonight, for once we’ve won the tricky game away to the lower ranked team. Usually we draw/lose these games so still an improvement overall.

16 minutes ago, G51 said:

That was close.

McTominay plays in defence, or he doesn’t play. It’s as simple as that. 

Ryan Fraser isn’t a wing back, he’s a second striker or he doesn’t play.

Jack Hendry plays as a central CB for Brugge because he can’t actually pass. Simply doesn’t have the range for it. He’s very firmly the fourth choice CB.

Learn these lessons and we will continue to beat small teams like Israel with relative ease.

I agree with every word of that. We looked miles better when McGregor came on. Having him and Gilmour in the middle means we can recycle possession a lot better and it makes it much more difficult for them to get out. 

Just now, AJF said:

Worrying how long it took Clarke to change things is one of my main concerns of the evening. I get that we were much improved after the break but he seemed to leave it very late.

We've said this through most of the campaign though.

At least he is realising he's getting it wrong, making changes, and they are working!

17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Too many.....fans, players and management it seems....got carried away with Saturday night. 

Out of 180 minutes of football, we've been utter shite for 135 of them. Fortunately, we got away with it against two less than average sides. 

If we want to get to the world cup, we're going to have to win away in Moldova and then beat two decent sides in the play-offs. 

At the moment we've got f**k all chance of getting to Qatar. 

And you couldnt be happier about it, miserable b*****d. 

10 minutes ago, monrovianmonk said:

No, the question was can Austria catch us. The answer is no 

Deciphering double negatives evidently becomes trickier following the drinks required to get one through that shitshow. I stand corrected! 

Just now, rainbowrising said:

People need to recall how we actually performed in the last major tournament against good opposition.  We seem to think beating teams ranked FIFA 80 to 100+ by the skin of our teeth proves how good this squad is. You think? 

experience is a bad thing then ? previous squads would have folded tonight. we are definitely progressing.