Faroe Islands v Scotland

If this is a bit, it's getting incredibly fucking tiring. Qatar is going to be a fucking embarrassment at this rate even if we do haul ourselves over the line. And that assumes that Clarke doesn't decide that the first leg of the playoffs should also be forfeited.

Guest Bob Mahelp

45 minutes left this evening to stop the lap of honour against Israel looking like the most idiotic piece of hubris since Ally McLeod in 1978. 

I get that Clarke thinks we need physicality, and that’s presumably why McTominay is playing CM, but replacing a brilliant technical player with a guy who can’t pass forward has not worked at all. 

We’re going to have to play through them. It’s the only way we win here.

Lucky to be level at the break. Properly minging performance, with Hanley and Hendry looking totally unable to cope with a long, straight ball down the middle.

We’ve had some brilliant times under Clarke but by f**k we’ve also delivered some unbelievably shite halfs of football.

An absolutely horrifying effort so far. 

Everhone has been poor, but McTominay has been absolutely howling. Christie has done the odd positive thing, nothing else from anyone bar Gilnour occasionally too. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Very poor. Faroes will feel hard done they aren't going in ahead here. We've made it so easy for them to defend. Dykes has rarely had a touch and yet we continue to lump high balls. McGinn and Gilmour have played a couple of threatening through balls but other than that we've offered nothing.

Not sure what to change but we need to up the tempo. Gilmour our best player again so far.

This sounds absolutely grim, but I suppose we should expect that, it's rarely easy supporting Scotland.

As an aside, I'm not sure I can put up with listening to Liam McLeod commentate on Scotland anymore. Utterly brutal.

Edited by afca32