Faroe Islands v Scotland

2 minutes ago, monthefife said:

Rest absolutely no-one for this and just play the strongest team possible. This is not a guaranteed 3 points as many will believe. 

Worth remembering that they were able to hold off Denmark until the 85th minute when they lost 1-0. 

I would only be dropping players if they are injured. Apart from that it has got to be the strongest team possible. 

24 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Nisbet got a lot of flack in the Moldova game, where he was absolutely fine. Apart from dodgy anticipation of a through ball, he done his job. He was key to setting up the goal. But that's just typical Scotland fans though. Because he doesn't score a hattrick against a bottom seed he is obviously shite. 

I'd play him and Dykes tbh although I think Clarke will go for Dykes and Christie. If Gilmour is injured, then McTominay takes his spot with Tierney-Hanley-Hendry in defence. More than enough talent in there to see off the Faroes.

It was nothing to with not scoring a hatrick, he was very poor. I’m sure he expects better if himself, so why attempt to say it was a decent performance. 

If Nisbet wants to replace Adams then he needs to take his chance when given it - at the moment both Christie and Fraser will be ahead of him and rightly so. Nisbet will get another chance at some point. 

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Ross Stewart. 7 goals in 9 for Sunderland this season 

Right.

I’ll preface this by saying that, to my knowledge, I’ve only seen him play once but I thought he was an incredibly poor footballer. And that was a game he scored twice in. 

It’s a bit like Ralston who went through a purple patch, but ultimately remains shite. 

I'm not resting him, I'm rotating him. The last few months, McGregor has been a totally different player. He's been a man possessed since the Euros. I'd happily see him in the starting 11. But I would also like to see McTominay and Gilmour in the midfield together.
Sorry but we have to start our strongest possible team.

Secure the points first then consider subbing players at that point.

Nisbet had some nice link-up play against Moldova but I think he's stood out in most of his caps in terms of not making effective runs/movements. He's decent enough so I'm not too fussed if he's in the squads, but he does feel like yet another stop gap up front and hasn't taken to international football as quickly as Dykes and Nisbet.

13 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

No. He plays.

Got used to the idea that I wished he would f**k off for good, but the guy has turned it around in great style.

I fucking hated him playing for us a few years ago and was delighted that he dropped off the radar.

However, he has been incredible since his return to the squad. He should definitely start.

Nisbet got a lot of flack in the Moldova game, where he was absolutely fine. Apart from dodgy anticipation of a through ball, he done his job. He was key to setting up the goal. But that's just typical Scotland fans though. Because he doesn't score a hattrick against a bottom seed he is obviously shite. 
I'd play him and Dykes tbh although I think Clarke will go for Dykes and Christie. If Gilmour is injured, then McTominay takes his spot with Tierney-Hanley-Hendry in defence. More than enough talent in there to see off the Faroes.
The reality is that Nisbet isn't an international standard player.

It just shows the lack of depth up front that he is in the squad.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Probably have to factor in the Dunfermline connection and some potential bias in this post.

36 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Nisbet had some nice link-up play against Moldova but I think he's stood out in most of his caps in terms of not making effective runs/movements. He's decent enough so I'm not too fussed if he's in the squads, but he does feel like yet another stop gap up front and hasn't taken to international football as quickly as Dykes and Nisbet.

Nisbet hasn't taken to international football as quickly as Nisbet?

It's a theory.

1 hour ago, monthefife said:

Rest absolutely no-one for this and just play the strongest team possible. This is not a guaranteed 3 points as many will believe. 

Worth remembering that they were able to hold off Denmark until the 85th minute when they lost 1-0. 

^This

Also worth remembering we couldn't beat them back in 2002 and in 1999. 

The 1-1 draw in 1999 contributed in no small way to the demise of Craig Brown.

44 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As much as I’ve just said Nisbet was poor v Moldova, it would be incredibly harsh to write him off. He is still young, but needs a move to a better level and to kick on again as he’s already shown he is capable of doing. 

I think we need to appreciate that players are training for the nt a few days a year and don't really have a lot of time with the coaching staff on the training ground (and what they do have probably won't be the most productive when they are traveling a lot).

For me, when we cap someone like Nisbet and start bringing him into squads, we're going to have to appreciate that we maybe won't see the best out of them for a little while. Even quite established players (e.g. Armstrong) can find it quite tough to transition between club and country.

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Well injuries and suspensions are the glaringly obvious reason my man. I didn't mean he would be our sole option in the future but it's almost guaranteed he'll be on his own at one point. 

Apologies, I misinterpreted what you said. You're absolutely right. If Adams' injury turns out worse than expected and Dykes gets a yellow tomorrow, we only really have Nisbet left against Moldova! He needs more than token minutes.

I'm a little bit torn on who to play tomorrow. The heroes against Israel deserve a start, but we also need to think longer term about utilising the squad properly. By the sounds of Clarke's press conference, he is going to make a few changes. Hopefully nothing too extreme though.

2 hours ago, Ewan8472 said:

Who have the u - 21 s got to offer ?

No one that I know of. We will be in a seriously dire situation if not a single new viable striker emerges in the next 7 years though.

You never know, it could be a known player e.g Shankland, Watt, Stewart, McBurnie. None of them sound very appealing right now, but crazier things have happened.

2 hours ago, monthefife said:

Yes, a useful note of caution, but it comes with very obvious caveats.

This is your Denmark team again The Faroes.

image.png.53a3e96880b36f45d75a6809b83eb7b5.png

They brought on Maehle, Damsgaard, and Poulsen, and then Hojberg to shore things up.

These starters in that game are not first team (8): Wind, Daramy, Larsen, Norgaard, Nelsson, Christiansen, Kristensen, Stryger Larsen.

So yes, can you imagine if we changed 8 of our EC squad, and replaced them not only with a second string, but reserves, that we might also struggle?  

(Denmark had 19 shots, with 8 on target, and scored once)