Faroe Islands v Scotland

Notable groups of players who are all walking the tightrope

RWBs Patterson and O’Donnell

Strikers Dykes, Adams and Nisbet

In these cases I think it’s worth giving at least one player from the group the night off to ensure we aren’t caught short for the Malta game. 

I’d be avoiding a Dykes/Adams pairing for this game because we really don’t want to risk having neither of them in Moldova. Likewise, we should pick one of the right backs for Tuesday night and stick with him for the entire game, especially if he gets booked 

56 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Christie for Adams 

And you either bring Mctominay into midfield and Hanley into defence and sacrifice whatever midfielder. Or just go same again with just the one change. They have momentum so let's keep going.

Let's not drop McGinn 🙂

No, I have already picked my 4 to be rested. The youngsters Gilmour and Patterson. Also, McGregor and Adams.

Yes, Christie for Adams, McTominay into midfield and Hanley back in defence. 

O'Donnell for Patterson, Fraser for McGregor as we go 3-4-3.

5 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

No, I have already picked my 4 to be rested. The youngsters Gilmour and Patterson. Also, McGregor and Adams.

Yes, Christie for Adams, McTominay into midfield and Hanley back in defence

I agree with this, but I'd keep both Gilmour and Patterson in the team. If the intention is to have them as first team players for the next decade, we want to give them as much game time as possible. Patterson especially, because he looked a bit hesitant to get forward at times last night, so we need to beat that out of him. Faroes would be a perfect game for him to boost his confidence.

Gordon

Hendry Hanley Tierney

Patterson                     Robertson

McTominay Gilmour

McGinn

Dykes Christie

12 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

2 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:

I agree with this, but I'd keep both Gilmour and Patterson in the team. If the intention is to have them as first team players for the next decade, we want to give them as much game time as possible. Patterson especially, because he looked a bit hesitant to get forward at times last night, so we need to beat that out of him. Faroes would be a perfect game for him to boost his confidence.

Gordon

Hendry Hanley Tierney

Patterson                     Robertson

McTominay Gilmour

McGinn

Dykes Christie

'rest' McGregor 😂 

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

'rest' McGregor 😂 

I'm not resting him, I'm rotating him. The last few months, McGregor has been a totally different player. He's been a man possessed since the Euros. I'd happily see him in the starting 11. But I would also like to see McTominay and Gilmour in the midfield together.

17 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Gilmour McGregor McGinn is our strongest midfield right now. You can't be dropping McGregor. ( I'm not his biggest fan) however he has done really well. 

Suggesting to drop McGinn the Israel game was a laugh so forgive me for brushing this one off.

Adams if injured is a no brainer to bring in Christie... but to be "resting " players against Faroes.... Good one 

8 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:

I'm not resting him, I'm rotating him. The last few months, McGregor has been a totally different player. He's been a man possessed since the Euros. I'd happily see him in the starting 11. But I would also like to see McTominay and Gilmour in the midfield together.

To what end though? the midfield is excellent - why f**k with it?

12 hours ago, gerrymcc1978 said:

That’s what I thought my mate was telling me that we only needed to win the next one which I found strange 

Realistically three points from here will be enough. If we win on Tuesday, either Austria or Israel would need to win all 3 of their remaining fixtures to catch us.

Austria play away to Denmark on Tuesday night too, so it won't be them.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Realistically three points from here will be enough. If we win on Tuesday, either Austria or Israel would need to win all 3 of their remaining fixtures to catch us.

Austria play away to Denmark on Tuesday night too, so it won't be them.

We need to win the game first 

5 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

To what end though? the midfield is excellent - why f**k with it?

To be honest, if it weren't for McTominay's last minute winner, I'd probably have said he should be on the bench. But after those heroics I think he deserves a game in his natural position. 

Ideally, we'd be playing Gilmour, McTominay, McGregor and McGinn in midfield, but that doesn't work in our 532 system. Our squad depth has almost become a hindrance! 😆

2 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:

To be honest, if it weren't for McTominay's last minute winner, I'd probably have said he should be on the bench. But after those heroics I think he deserves a game in his natural position. 

Ideally, we'd be playing Gilmour, McTominay, McGregor and McGinn in midfield, but that doesn't work in our 532 system. Our squad depth has almost become a hindrance! 😆

Hendry will probably get benched for Hanley with no other changes 

7 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:

nah mate, that's not reasonable. Even if you bring in McTominay it's not straightforward as you have to shunt Gilmour to the left so McTominay can play on the right and Gilmour won't necessarily cover the runs of Robertson and Tierney as well as McGregor does. 

Whatever way you look at it you lose Tierney as an attacking threat to fit McTominay in the midfield either if we go to a back four or if McTominay plays and Gilmour moves to the left. The only way I see McTominay playing is in favour of Hendry in the back three.  

Edited by 2426255

4 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:

Adams came off injured, so I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't start. But you might be right.

I'd be more than happy to see the exact same 11.

He wasn't great anyway 

Would be ok if Nisbet came in

8 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

nah mate, that's not reasonable. Even if you bring in McTominay it's not straightforward as you have to shunt Gilmour to the left so McTominay can play on the right and Gilmour won't necessarily cover the runs of Robertson and Tierney as well as McGregor does. 

Whatever way you look at it you lose Tierney as an attacking threat to fit McTominay in the midfield either if we go to a back four or if McTominay plays and Gilmour moves to the left. The only way I see McTominay playing is in favour of Hendry in the back three.  

McTominay staying in the back 3 will be absolutely fine against the Faroes, but I'm really not a fan of him playing there long term. Does Hendry deserve to be dropped more than McTominay? It's a really tough call.