Faroe Islands v Scotland

Thread for all discussions related to Scotland's first trip to the Faroe Islands since our victory in Euro 2008 qualifying courtesy of goals from Shaun Maloney and Gaz O'Connor. 

The Faroe Islands have changed to a 4-5-1 since we last played against them which could make them a more stubborn proposition than when we beat them earlier in the year. Their recent results are mostly good: Quite impressive narrow home defeats to Denmark and Iceland, Home victories against Liechtenstein and Moldova although they were thumped (also at home) by Israel. 

By the time we play them it will be their 7th straight home game. We won't play them in Toftir, instead we will play on an artificial grass surface in Torshavn at the Faroese answer to the Toni Macaroni Arena.

Edited by 2426255

6 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Thread for all discussions related to Scotland's first trip to the Faroe Islands since our victory in Euro 2008 qualifying courtesy of goals from Shaun Maloney and Gaz O'Connor. 

The Faroe Islands have changed to a 4-5-1 since we last played against them which could make them a more stubborn proposition than when we beat them earlier in the year. Their recent results are mostly good: Quite impressive narrow home defeats to Denmark and Iceland, Home victories against Liechtenstein and Moldova although they were thumped (also at home) by Israel. 

By the time we play them it will be their 7th straight home game. We won't play them in Toftir, instead we will play on an artificial grass surface in Torshavn at the Faroese answer to the Toni Macaroni Arena.

Half our team should be used to playing on plastic 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I see that being Moldova

Sent from my SM-A426B using Tapatalk

Moldova are one of the worst teams to ever grace Hampden. They’re up there with San Marino and Gibraltar.

That they didn’t concede 5+ is sheer incompetence by us, and luck for them.

Moldova away should be 2/3-0 at a canter.

If we do beat Israel on Saturday, this needs to be targeted as the one to not just win, but win handsomely.  Moldova are going to finish bottom, so all results against them are going to get stricken from the record for the playoff seedings.  A 1-0 against them would do, but improving our goal difference against the Faroes is incredibly important, especially given that Denmark could give us an absolute hiding in the final game.

I'd still take a 1 - 0 win right now if you offered it to me. 😅 They won't be as easy as last time I suspect as they seem to play in a more defensive shape, before they were hell bent on playing 4-4-2 which probably made it easy for us to defeat them at Hampden.

Moldova are one of the worst teams to ever grace Hampden. They’re up there with San Marino and Gibraltar.
That they didn’t concede 5+ is sheer incompetence by us, and luck for them.
Moldova away should be 2/3-0 at a canter.
Georgia weren't very good when they came also [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A426B using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We should be skelping them. 

There was something about their team on sky recently 

Speaking to one of their players who's a janny at the local school during the day

It's a farce really but sure we'll make very hard work of it 

They have nobody who plays for anyone decent. The closest you'll see is possibly Helsingborg in Sweden but even they are 2nd tier. 

Go there, don't just f**k around with the ball and actually attack them and we should win by a few. 

17 minutes ago, Donathan said:

What’s the yellow card tightrope situation?

Only takes two yellows to get a suspension so anyone who’s had a yellow except Hanley is one away.

Christie, Dykes, O’Donnell, Hendry, Nisbet, Adams, McGinn, Robertson, Gilmour and Patterson.