Hibernian vs St Johnstone, Sunday 26 September, 2021

1 minute ago, Radford said:

He isn't really a typical Saints midfielder in that he's very passive. I do think his passing ability means he can add something to the squad but it could be as cover/competition for Wotherspoon, rather than both of them playing. I appreciate that is being forced upon us at the moment. 

MacPherson will certainly be more aggressive and hopefully he can prove decent on the ball. 

Worth mentioning that O'Halloran was good again today. He's still up and down but he's definitely having more of the good days this season. Long may that continue. 

Saints have paid €30,000 for Eetu Vertainen, the manager needs to get him more involved. Stevie May continues to frustrate me and having Glenn Middleton battling with big centre backs is going to make life tough for him. 

Agree with that a bit - he reminds me of when we had Sean Goss, a lightweight luxury player that I'm not sure we can carry. Might just be time in the squad that's missing but even his touches/ability see a pass aren't outstanding to me, he certainly seems to under and overhit a lot of passes. Spoony is much more physical defensively, sometimes overly so, and to me is much better at taking on and beating players. 

I'm by no means itching to write off a player after 3 games and hopefully he comes good.

Agree with MOH, he added a lot today. Bit concerned about the amount of tape on his legs and he seemed to be wincing quite a bit towards the end. He's played a lot of hour of football and he's a high intensity player and that's bound to catch up so good that we've got a while before the next game. 

Ambrose hasn't put a foot wrong yet, the pick of the signings so far for me. 

3 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Matt Macey is an excellent time-waster. Probably the best keeper in the league at it in my honest humble opinion.

The fermers were going radge at him today, sure I saw one boy trip over his tweed troosers.

Was funny, but not as funny as Clarkes failed attempt to put Boyle off by having a drink of water at the pen 😂

7 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Must be pwoud to eventually beat the tiny club,that stopped your cup runs last year.Well done,gimp

Why are you so angry?  Can't you just be happily you went through to the Semi's luckily midweek and you've won more cups than the **** auctioned off when liquidated? 

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

I'm the opposite of raging.  Don't try pulling the wool over anyone's eyes.

Of course you are not sweetie....Ah well never mind eh you just go out and celebrate getting a dodgy penalty then  holding out for the last ten minutes against an injury ravaged side who were down to 10 men..

11 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Matt Macey is an excellent time-waster. Probably the best keeper in the league at it in my honest humble opinion.

I never blame time wasting keepers, good luck to them. I blame referees, because all they need to is warn a keeper if they’re time wasting, next time it’s a yellow and that should stop it. If not, give them a second yellow.

Just now, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Of course you are not sweetie....Ah well never mind eh you just go out and celebrate getting a dodgy penalty then  holding out for the last ten minutes against an injury ravaged side who were down to 10 men..

Makes absolutely no sense :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

That’s pretty bitter stuff.

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Makes absolutely no sense :lol: 

His posts are like the ramblings of a drunk who found someones laptop.

Some of these gimps think that we shouldnt be pleased that we won against a team we havent beat here for years.

Hes probably pulling wings off flies as we speak........

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Some of these gimps think that we shouldnt be pleased that we won against a team we havent beat here for years.

Hes probably pulling off a horse for comfort as we speak..

Fair point.  Amended a little. 

Hes probably pulling wings off flies as we speak........

2012. Was it really almost ten years ago? Can't really claim nine years though as Hibs spent a few of those years in the league below.