Hibernian vs St Johnstone, Sunday 26 September, 2021

57 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
1 hour ago, Radford said:
We'll be stronger when Gordon returns and I think MacPherson will come in for Crawford but we haven't got the right balance up front yet.
We didn't score tonnes of goals last season but did create chances, that has kind of dried up this term.
The centre backs not stepping out at all is making us easier to play against too.

Not convinced Macpherson will dislodge Crawfrord to be honest. I'm delighted with him.

I’m going to 100% disagree with you. I think Crawford is an absolute passenger and was saying the same thing after the Dundee game. Doesn’t impact a game at all, doesn’t win the ball back, doesn’t tackle, doesn’t block passing lanes. I think the biggest criticism I have, he’s another Gary MacDonald to me right now. The sooner we have midfielders back the better cause I’m not convinced by him at all.  

I'm not sure its fair to judge Crawford until hes got a proper CM base beside/behind him.

Him and Wotherspoon are probably too similar in terms of off the ball work, both a bit "passive", which is normal for attacking midfielders I guess. MacPherson will be more active in terms of winning the ball back which will mask a lot of Crawfords flaws, I reckon.

I think he's been alright, but I don't think hes someone who'd be starting regularly if we didn't have injuries. 

56 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Half price sale at Barbour IMO.

Valid point but I know a boy called Seth, from Perth, supported St Johnstone who worked in Edinburgh who to this day I'm convinced was named after the below.  He was in a quite decent band tooArdentjohn | Official Ardentjohn website for latest news

1_Seth-Armstrong.png

Just now, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Having five players out injured, going down to ten men, finishing by far and away the stronger side and only going down to a dubious Penalty......

Why are you fannies taking a defeat off a much bigger club than you so badly man?

Your luck ran out for a wee change.  It's no the end of the world.  

Cheer yourself up with this or something: BBC One - Countryfile, Bromyard Hops

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

... but I've been utterly unconvinced so far with Ali Crawford. Absolutely no physical presence at all and doesn't seem to have clicked yet. 

He isn't really a typical Saints midfielder in that he's very passive. I do think his passing ability means he can add something to the squad but it could be as cover/competition for Wotherspoon, rather than both of them playing. I appreciate that is being forced upon us at the moment. 

MacPherson will certainly be more aggressive and hopefully he can prove decent on the ball. 

Worth mentioning that O'Halloran was good again today. He's still up and down but he's definitely having more of the good days this season. Long may that continue. 

Saints have paid €30,000 for Eetu Vertainen, the manager needs to get him more involved. Stevie May continues to frustrate me and having Glenn Middleton battling with big centre backs is going to make life tough for him. 

16 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Why are you fannies taking a defeat off a much bigger club than you so badly man?

The bigger club that wasted time for the last 20 minutes?Macey outdone Thomas Cerny today

There is fairly hefty McNamara/United vibes to this.

We used to generally lose the first meeting every season, then win the rest as they simply tried to repeat the original gameplan. After the initial loss we'd have United fans telling us they'd sussed us out and McNamara gloating about "proper football winning the day". 

Ross seems more sensible than McNamara though, who virtually ended his career as he could never recover from the constant defeats to us, as daft as that sounds.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We used to generally lose the first meeting every season, then win the rest as they simply tried to repeat the original gameplan. After the initial loss we'd have United fans telling us they'd sussed us out and McNamara gloating about "proper football winning the day". 

Ross seems more sensible than McNamara though, who virtually ended his career as he could never recover from the constant defeats to us, as daft as that sounds.

You don’t “suss out” this St Johnstone side. You merely get involved in the shitfest and hope to score first.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Holy f**k

Britains Got Talent No GIF by Got Talent Global

Just now, Zing. said:

You don’t “suss out” this St Johnstone side. You merely get involved in the shitfest and hope to score first.

Nah theres ways to beat us that don't involve a shitfest. Just have to move the ball quicker than most Scottish sides do. We leave decent sized gaps in our own half that can be exposed.

Just now, Leith Green said:

Holy f**k

Britains Got Talent No GIF by Got Talent Global

I'm not saying Ross will do a McNamara, just that it feels similar.

22 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Ooft absolutely raging 😅 You are still our bitches son