Hibernian vs St Johnstone, Sunday 26 September, 2021

3 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Aberdeen fans on twitter seems to be more upset about the result on twitter than Saints fans 🤣

The Aberdeen fans on P&B were probably planning on consoling themselves by gloating on this match thread when we lost and we've scuppered their plans for the evening. Not sure what the overlap between the twitter & P&B contingent, mindyou.

Pretty happy with where we are as a team still after that. Reckon we might have snuck something if not for McCart being a fanny - even then only needed a bit of luck or for MOH to drill it hard and low rather than hard and high every time he had space down the right and we could have nicked an equaliser. Ref was obviously pish but what can you do, not seen the pen yet either.

Congrats to Hibs, clearly means a lot to them.

Some result for Penbernian, the last time we beat St Johnstone at home Paul Hanlon scored for us and he was only 22 years old 😂 at the time.

Fair play to Jamie McCart making things easier for his future employers, in January when we sign him if I was Calum Davidson I would be asking to see if they can get some of Hibs young team as part of the deal, come on guys, 2 cups in one season where you knocked us out of both and not a single song about it? Other than a “when the Saints went up to lift the Scottish cup, you were there” do you not realise it was an empty Hampden boiz?

We weren't great but we were the better team I thought, Porteous and Hanlon the pick of the bunch, the way Porteous moves us forward with his passing is superb, something he’s really added to his game.

Really hope we start to beat this gang more often because the seethe it has generated is quite the read.

23 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Pretty happy with where we are as a team still after that. 

We'll be stronger when Gordon returns and I think MacPherson will come in for Crawford but we haven't got the right balance up front yet.

We didn't score tonnes of goals last season but did create chances, that has kind of dried up this term.

The centre backs not stepping out at all is making us easier to play against too.

13 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

It was beautiful to see Efe Ambrose strolling around Easter Road once more.

People who think he's shite don't have a clue about football.

It looks like being stuck out in Livingston and Perth have dampened his spirits somewhat. He was fine in defence and beat Nisbet to pretty much every header, but it took until the 86th minute before he took matters in his own hands and tried skinning a midfielder or two or dribbling the ball past the halfway line, the way he used to do incessantly back when he wore green.

Edited by Aim Here

13 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

It was beautiful to see Efe Ambrose strolling around Easter Road once more.

People who think he's shite don't have a clue about football.

Seeing him just casually deal with Nisbet right at the end, despite being 40yo, having just finished a packet of fags, and completely isolated against one of the best strikers in the Country, was brilliant.

Didn't even seem that impressed with himself that he managed it so easily. Just strolled off 😍

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seeing him just casually deal with Nisbet right at the end, despite being 40yo, having just finished a packet of fags, and completely isolated against one of the best strikers in the Country, was brilliant.

Didn't even seem that impressed with himself that he managed it so easily. Just strolled off 😍

This league is a piece of piss to him.

I've always liked the "bomb scare" patter from supporters of other clubs when in truth he's way more talented than whatever British jobbers they have at the back.

I miss him dearly.

We'll be stronger when Gordon returns and I think MacPherson will come in for Crawford but we haven't got the right balance up front yet.
We didn't score tonnes of goals last season but did create chances, that has kind of dried up this term.
The centre backs not stepping out at all is making us easier to play against too.
Not convinced Macpherson will dislodge Crawfrord to be honest. I'm delighted with him.