Hibernian vs St Johnstone, Sunday 26 September, 2021

14 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

If we win im fully expecting the usual 

" Fair play to St Johnstone but we has a bit of an off day today and really didn't get going " It was getting a tad tedious last season hearing it from virtually every managef 

Tedious?

Guess which manager said this on 22nd August.........

"Dundee United tried to play some really good football at times, so did my team.

"For us we lacked a little bit of quality and a bit of zip. We weren't quite there today."

1362085742_Screenshot2020-12-07at08_49_39.png.a8eddec94f720c66a7b1d7b5e8ac83d5.png

17 hours ago, Templar said:

As for middle 2 Crawford and Craig. 

You don't like Wotherspoon in the two but would play Crawford there? Not for me. Look at the way McGhee ran off him for his big chance on Wednesday and that was as part of a three. Crawford isn't suited to playing that deep in our system. 

You can't just play the 5-2-3 if we don't have the players available, even if it's been successful previously. 

Gilmour is the obvious choice to go in there if you are determined to play the midfield two. Big gamble but then I suppose he has to get his chance at some stage. 

Seem to recall that ER was where Guy Melamed eventually got some proper game time last year so you feel that E2 is going to show up at some point, although Hendry getting time ahead of him midweek was a bit alarming. 

Zander

Rooney Muller  Ambrose  McCart  Booth

Craig    W/Spoon

Crawford  Kane  Middleton

Maybe something like that anyway. Expecting a score draw. 

Anyone planning to travel by train from Perth remember there's a strike on. There aren't any actual trains running tomorrow, it's a replacement bus service and the only one available leaves at 9.36, costs £18.40 and takes nearly 2 1/2 hours, so you might as well get an actual bus. 

Edit just realise that Scotrail are after £18.40 for the single on that bus, £36.80 return. Mental.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

For some reason I think this is the time we destroy St Johnstone. Dismantle them. Reduce them to quivering wrecks.

Quivering wrecks?

We're missing half our team and playing players out of position, we should expect to get pumped by a decent side.

Are hibs really that though?

12 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

We're missing half our team

St Johnstone and Hibs have the same size squads * and due to injuries we both named the same number of players during the week

*technically we have 25, but 2 youngsters at Raith / Ayr on season loans

Perth injury crisis ma hoop.............

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

St Johnstone and Hibs have the same size squads * and due to injuries we both named the same number of players during the week

Whit? Do you think a club the size of St Johnstone can afford to have decent players to step in when our trophy laden stars miss out?

3 men and Randoms dug watch us ffs. 

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Look at the way McGhee ran off him for his big chance on Wednesday and that was as part of a three.

This'll be the worry regardless of whos in CM, as (it seems to me) Magennis' runs in the box are a big threat for Hibs just now. We'll need someone able/willing to match those runs as the CBs will probably (understandably) be more worried about Nisbet/Boyle. 

Looks kind of like Magennis takes up the central defenders and lets Nisbet drop off and left a bit sometimes when they're both in the box. Magennis has more shots from within 12 yards than Nisbet this season, as an example of what I'm trying to suggest.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Bryson  injured Davidson injured Gordon Injured Brown Injured  McPherson injured. Don't know if it's a crisis but any one of those walk into our first X1 so it's certainly concerning. 

17 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Tedious?

Guess which manager said this on 22nd August.........

"Dundee United tried to play some really good football at times, so did my team.

"For us we lacked a little bit of quality and a bit of zip. We weren't quite there today."

1362085742_Screenshot2020-12-07at08_49_39.png.a8eddec94f720c66a7b1d7b5e8ac83d5.png

Aww did I upset you princess ?

Never mind eh