Hibernian vs St Johnstone, Sunday 26 September, 2021

I fear those powers above that control late goals at Easter Road got their wires crossed last weekend with Tanser setting up Shaughnessy for St Mirren. Surely, I mean surely, St Johnstone can't score another late goal in Leith this Sunday?

Will Jack Ross come up with something different or will he hope the superior quality of the Hibernian players finally shines through? 

Saints won't vary much from the tried and tested and why should they? Only 2 defeats in 22 away games. 

Hard to see Murray Davidson being available if he couldn't even make the bench on Wednesday and James Brown obviously came off in that one as well. Would be interesting to know if Muller was unavailable for that, or the manager just wanted to get Dendoncker involved in the squad. I can't see Rooney starting at centre back, so would expect Muller to come back in if Brown isn't available. 

Not sure we have the legs in midfield, without those that are absent, to play the two, so maybe the same shape as the Dundee game, even though the manager's preference might have been the 5-2-3.

Biggest dilemma is up top, where things aren't really clicking, although Kane and Middleton did link up a few more times at Dens than they managed at Pittodrie. Pressure off after the last couple of results, so maybe time to unleash Vertainen?

Hopefully see Jason Kerr in the away end for this, supporting his team. 

Interested to see if both sides play their strongest teams, or if there's some mind games played ahead of the Betfred Cup Final in a few months.

Adds to the intrigue.

15 minutes ago, Radford said:

I fear those powers above that control late goals at Easter Road got their wires crossed last weekend with Tanser setting up Shaughnessy for St Mirren. Surely, I mean surely, St Johnstone can't score another late goal in Leith this Sunday?

Will Jack Ross come up with something different or will he hope the superior quality of the Hibernian players finally shines through? 

Saints won't vary much from the tried and tested and why should they? Only 2 defeats in 22 away games. 

Hard to see Murray Davidson being available if he couldn't even make the bench on Wednesday and James Brown obviously came off in that one as well. Would be interesting to know if Muller was unavailable for that, or the manager just wanted to get Dendoncker involved in the squad. I can't see Rooney starting at centre back, so would expect Muller to come back in if Brown isn't available. 

Not sure we have the legs in midfield, without those that are absent, to play the two, so maybe the same shape as the Dundee game, even though the manager's preference might have been the 5-2-3.

Biggest dilemma is up top, where things aren't really clicking, although Kane and Middleton did link up a few more times at Dens than they managed at Pittodrie. Pressure off after the last couple of results, so maybe time to unleash Vertainen?

Hopefully see Jason Kerr in the away end for this, supporting his team. 

3 4 2 1   MOH and Wotherspoon behind Kane Played that formation a number of times against the last season

18 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Hibs pressure

Hibs pressure

Hibs pressure

St J Corner

Rooney header

Goal

0-1 St J

Bizarre Hibs subs

Midfield turgidity

0-1 FT

I am only going along because I have a ST................................

You've missed out.....

Boyle dive

LOL!

37 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Hibs pressure

Hibs pressure

Hibs pressure

St J Corner

Rooney header

Goal

0-1 St J

Bizarre Hibs subs

Midfield turgidity

0-1 FT

I am only going along because I have a ST................................

There is absolutely nothing surer than St Johnstone scoring from a cross ball into the box. Probably Jamie McCart scoring it too.

4 hours ago, Radford said:

When we had different players. If you are playing Wotherspoon in your front three, who are the midfield two?

Don't like Wotherspoon in the midfield 2, he does a job but more effective in a front 2 1 or 1.2 As for middle 2 Crawford and Craig

I think I mentioned it on here once, but back in the olden days when Spoony was at Hibs and I had a season ticket, I once took a giant inflatable spoon to a game. Me and my mate were in Section 43 and didn't have any other pals in the area. The spoon didn't help matters. I have no regrets. If any St Johnstone fans want to borrow my idea, I won't be angry. In fact I will be proud. If push comes to shove, you could even torch it at the next Hibs game in a pointed insult at the 'spoon-burners' in the other stand. 

I'm keeping my one though, so you can't borrow it. In case Spoony returns, or in case my wife cooks me a giant bowl of soup. 

53 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I think I mentioned it on here once, but back in the olden days when Spoony was at Hibs and I had a season ticket, I once took a giant inflatable spoon to a game. Me and my mate were in Section 43 and didn't have any other pals in the area. The spoon didn't help matters. I have no regrets. If any St Johnstone fans want to borrow my idea, I won't be angry. In fact I will be proud. If push comes to shove, you could even torch it at the next Hibs game in a pointed insult at the 'spoon-burners' in the other stand. 

I'm keeping my one though, so you can't borrow it. In case Spoony returns, or in case my wife cooks me a giant bowl of soup. 

She's more likely to cook you IN a giant bowl of soup. 

2 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

What's the market for giant inflatable spoons? Why would that exist?

53 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

What's the market for giant inflatable spoons? Why would that exist?

I don't know Valentino. It's a good question. You could ask the same thing about curry scented condoms. I'm not saying the two markets are related, but I know I've dabbled in both.