St Johnstone v Celtic

mizfit

Well it doesn't have to be "baws oot", as we already know Wotherspoon, MOH, and Middleton can put shifts in when needed. Nor does it have to be every match.
We have the defenders that could allow us to be more expansive, certainly far better defenders than Dundee. 
We've been a top flight side for 10+ years, regularly finish top 6, won 3 trophies, play in Europe, yet a lot of folk seem stuck in this mindset we should all just clap like seals that we're not getting humped every week. Its honestly infuriating. Lowest home scorers in top flight history last season, and on course to just top 20 league goals in total this season, something has to give.

I’m not saying we should just sit back and accept things. I’m saying it might not be quite as easy to change as you appear to think it will be.
We did all the things you mentioned by being an organised, difficult to beat team. I’d love us to be more expansive but understand that if that happens then results may suffer accordingly.

Anyhoo if you’re as accurate about Preston as you said in the team thread then possibly Callum won’t be here much longer

16 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

I’m not saying we should just sit back and accept things. I’m saying it might not be quite as easy to change as you appear to think it will be.

I understand I've not made it clear but I don't want to claim what I've said would definitely work, Callum Davidson will know far more about the game than I'll ever know.

I'd just like to see an attempt at us opening up, as just now I think we could comfortably be top half if we could score more goals and put away the weaker sides. That's something we've struggled with throughout Davidsons time at the club, and I'll controversially claim we underperformed in the league last season too.

Edited by RandomGuy.

11 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Anyone slagging E2 for that is a fucking rocket with an agenda.

The only thing the boy did wrong was not slip Kane in, who would probably have missed anyway.

Shite day, shite game.

I'm not gonna call anyone a rocket and whilst it doesn't cover everyone, I do sense there is a bit of an agenda, which I really don't get. 

Surely the club taking the progressive step of bringing in someone to help with recruitment should be embraced but instead it really seems to have put some noses out of joint. 

Don't get it at all. 

Stinker of a game. Would actually have preferred to be 3-0 down at half time, at least then we could have left early and gone back to the pub. With the game so tightly poised for so long you couldn’t help but hope we might get something. Celtic were awful, don’t remember them creating much at all and they got a bit of luck for their goal. They were certainly there for the taking, which makes it all the more disappointing. I remember we were on the counter at one point, an attack which ended when Crawford decided to balloon the ball off the pitch. That summed it up for me. Start of the game was briefly soured when we got into an argument with fellow Saints fans for choosing to watch the game standing up. Woman in front of us was kicking off as well about folk standing. Fair weather fans/tartan blanket brigade turning up and thinking they are at McDiarmid Park.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Start of the game was briefly soured when we got into an argument with fellow Saints fans for choosing to watch the game standing up. Woman in front of us was kicking off as well about folk standing. Fair weather fans/tartan blanket brigade turning up and thinking they are at McDiarmid Park.

Saw that happen in a few sections. The problem is that all the concession tickets for Hampden are in the sections where half the folk want to stand and are several pints deep. I was with my son, and ended up moving to the empty seats towards the nearest Celtic section, because even if he was happy to stand he wouldn't have seen any of the game.

17 hours ago, fuzzy_logic said:

Saw that happen in a few sections. The problem is that all the concession tickets for Hampden are in the sections where half the folk want to stand and are several pints deep. I was with my son, and ended up moving to the empty seats towards the nearest Celtic section, because even if he was happy to stand he wouldn't have seen any of the game.

Fair play mate, I have sympathy for both sides in that situation. It’s a difficult one as obviously you want everyone to see the game, however there’s not much point in certain fans directing their rage at other people who also want to see the game when there’s dozens of rows in front of people standing.