St Johnstone v Celtic

mizfit

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He is a poor referee but I think he was bias tonight tbh. There was a handball in the play before the goal and with Fatty Ange now very evidently telling his players to dive, they need to clamp down on it as both Jota and Furuhashi are getting away with murder. Jota should have been at least booked tonight.

The refs in Scotland are bias.

Wtf is this sort of patter?

Generally like Michael Stewart as a pundit, but as a co-commentator pundit, he suffers from a major bout of self-indulgence where he loves to over-analyse an incident for well beyond the normal 10 second acceptable support opinion to the commentator.  The game has moved on to new developments or incidents, but he's still trying to give his technical analysis of whatever the original issue was.*  Rory Hamilton, who is a good commentator (although pro Fran & Anna when required), barely got to describe the action as it was live.

*listen to Kevin Gallagher also as a co-commentator

Re Jota, I can almost forgive not booking at the first one but the second one is an absolute stick one especially after speaking to him after the first. The Davidson booking is just a joke, just objectively a terrible decision. What's he meant to do?

On the game, looked comfortable defensively for the most part before gifting a goal (even allowing for the decision going against us). Biggest issue is still with the ball. Can't keep it long enough and lacking threat - worrying I can't really see how to remedy it without Eetu being better than hoped.

Still if Crawford has a bit of composure and Clark catches that kickout properly it's maybe a different game. If I'm honest, I did go in to the game with the hope we'd compete as much as we did.

Wotherspoon hopefully isn't out for long. Crawford-Eetu-MoH next week?

Just now, nelsjfc said:

Re Jota, I can almost forgive not booking at the first one but the second one is an absolute stick one especially after speaking to him after the first. The Davidson booking is just a joke, just objectively a terrible decision. What's he meant to do?

Re the game, looked comfortable defensively for the most part before gifting a goal (even allowing for the decision going against us). Biggest issue is still with the ball. Can't keep it long enough and lacking threat - worrying I can't really see how to remedy it without Eetu being better than hoped.

Still if Crawford has a bit of composure and Clark catches that kickout properly it's maybe a different game. If I'm honest, I did go in to the game with the hope we'd compete as much as we did.

Wotherspoon hopefully isn't out for long. Crawford-Eetu-MoH next week?

Anybody but eetu next week - that is an imposter of a footballer. 0 positional sense 0 idea of how to play a game only wants to dribble 

6 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

Anybody but eetu next week - that is an imposter of a footballer. 0 positional sense 0 idea of how to play a game only wants to dribble 

He touched the ball about 3 times in a 10 minute cameo when we're 1-0 down to Celtic.

I've absolutely no idea why anyone would judge a player based on that, but some of our support are absolutely desperate for him to fail for some reason.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He touched the ball about 3 times in a 10 minute cameo when we're 1-0 down to Celtic.

I've absolutely no idea why anyone would judge a player based on that, but some of our support are absolutely desperate for him to fail for some reason.

Not desperate for him to fail but can tell that he’s not anywhere close to a standard that is required. Obvious time when Kane was over holding off someone in our left wing and instead of moving over (even towards the centre) he moves AWAY from the ball to the right wing leaving the centre totally free. When Kane was through instead of passing it he just wanted to run…

Yes too limited a showing to judge, he made a couple of poor decisions, but also had a couple of decent touches and looked confident on the ball.

The one telling moment I thought was after looking a bit slow to get on the ball in the centre circle, the Celtic player ran forward with it whilst E2 immediately just started walking.  That lack of willingness to chase and harry is surely the main reason we don’t see much of him in Callum’s team. 

Laughable folk are criticising E2 when he came on at 1-0 against Celtic in a game where we hadn’t laid a glove on them and he actually looked vaguely threatening compared to what was on before. Seriously did we have a single shirt on target prior to that? What an impossible situation to get chucked on in.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We had two actual shots on goal. Eetu had a good turn and shot, which is was the only real, self made chance we had in the second half. I think you're being pretty harsh as I think his only crime was trying too hard.

I feel we played well, rode our luck and eventually were punished. The only player I thought was really poor was Crawford.

42 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Generally like Michael Stewart as a pundit, but as a co-commentator pundit, he suffers from a major bout of self-indulgence where he loves to over-analyse an incident for well beyond the normal 10 second acceptable support opinion to the commentator.  The game has moved on to new developments or incidents, but he's still trying to give his technical analysis of whatever the original issue was.*  Rory Hamilton, who is a good commentator (although pro Fran & Anna when required), barely got to describe the action as it was live.

*listen to Kevin Gallagher also as a co-commentator

Better HT & FT analysis IMO 
but I do like like that he says what he thinks

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Eetu showed more technical ability in five minutes than anyone else showed for the duration of the entire match.

1 turn is not technical ability - being able to spot an obvious pass isn’t either however not seeing the pass is a bigger red flag than anything else and also not knowing where the go is a huge huge red flag especially for a team like us

3 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

1 turn is not technical ability - being able to spot an obvious pass isn’t either however not seeing the pass is a bigger red flag than anything else and also not knowing where the go is a huge huge red flag especially for a team like us

Then I guess that every single St Johnstone player is a red flag. If you could list the players who saw a pass or hit a shot on target, that would be much appreciated. The stats show that we had two shots on target. Eetu provided one of them. In ten literal minutes. Against Celtic when 1-0 down.

Just now, The Real Saints said:

Then I guess that every single St Johnstone player is a red flag. If you could list the players who saw a pass or hit a shot on target, that would be much appreciated. The stats show that we had two shots on target. Eetu provided one of them. In ten literal minutes. Against Celtic when 1-0 down.

1 shot on target is your benchmark for a player? Not being able to link up play or do anything a forward playing as we need to does. The pass was a glaringly obvious one - even Nick Walsh who didn’t see anything today could see it. Any other player playing for us would have played that pass (including MOH who runs with the ball more than most)

24 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

Not desperate for him to fail but can tell that he’s not anywhere close to a standard that is required. Obvious time when Kane was over holding off someone in our left wing and instead of moving over (even towards the centre) he moves AWAY from the ball to the right wing leaving the centre totally free. When Kane was through instead of passing it he just wanted to run…

Aye m8, you've nothing against Vertainen. It's just coincidence you're calling him a "fraud" for taking a shot from 20 yards instead of slipping a ball through for Kane, while completely blanking Crawford taking a shot from 40, on his weak foot, when MOH was clean through if he'd passed it.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye m8, you've nothing against Vertainen. It's just coincidence you're calling him a "fraud" for taking a shot from 20 yards instead of slipping a ball through for Kane, while completely blanking Crawford taking a shot from 40, on his weak foot, when MOH was clean through if he'd passed it.

He didn’t shoot - he ran the ball into a blind alley and lost it. Crawford was also stinking but at least did certain things he should have…