Rangers v Hibernian SF

Lyle Lanley

2 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Gerard would have made no difference, history tells us.

Though I do agree the subs were odd. Aribo was probably your biggest threat and Jack ain't a player to throw on when you're chasing a game even when he's not been out 30 odd games.

Kent was shite tough, he was lucky he lasted 60. That Tavernier and Morelos finished the game was amusing. Worst 2 players on the park.

Sakala is an imposter of a football player. How he gets in ahead of Hagi, one of your best players, is bizarre. Must be dynamite in training.

Possibly, possibly not. We’ll never know. The solution to that Hibs formation is not to be left 2v2 with the quickest player in the league. You have to go three at the back there. Make them beat you another way.

Disagree on Tavernier, he had some rough moments but he never hides. He was the only player carrying the ball forward in the second half. Agree on Morelos, he needs a spell on the bench.

Sakala has absolutely lightning pace and can finish. It’s no surprise why coaches like him, I like him too. But you need to have a plan for incorporating that. He would have worked much better in the first half when Hibs were in a mid block.

Just now, G51 said:

Possibly, possibly not. We’ll never know. The solution to that Hibs formation is not to be left 2v2 with the quickest player in the league. You have to go three at the back there. Make them beat you another way.

Disagree on Tavernier, he had some rough moments but he never hides. He was the only player carrying the ball forward in the second half. Agree on Morelos, he needs a spell on the bench.

Sakala has absolutely lightning pace and can finish. It’s no surprise why coaches like him, I like him too. But you need to have a plan for incorporating that. He would have worked much better in the first half when Hibs were in a mid block.

Sakala is only good on Fifa 22

Just now, Whitburn Vale said:

Mcinnes looks like hes gonna start crying.........

Said it last week after Stevie G left,too many of his fanboys in that rangers team now,they dont look like they were interested .

Some of them looking like,they wanna follow him down the road.

You could be right, it looked like a few were going through the motions.  

I still can't see them getting epl moves, just not good enough. 

I genuinely think you and most Rangers fans are blinded by Tavernier.

For example, he is directly at fault for two goals today, the first shared with Balogun, and not for the first time. Carrying the ball forward means hee haw for a fullback when he's shipped 2 goals.

He played above himself last season and rightly won player of the year, but he's back to his usual level this season, which is average.

IMO he's not even the best right back at Rangers, never mind the league.

You'll scoff at this, as most Rangers fans do, but this season he's no better than Ralston. Their numbers in terms of goal involvement are similar (and Ralston doesn't take set pieces) and they both give goals away at the back.

That's not me saying Ralston is great, just that this season so far Tavernier has been no better, which pretty much every non Rangers fan can see, but Rangers fans can't.