New City in Scotland

New Scottish Jubilee City  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Fully in favour of reverting to just four cities.

Give it to whichever four places have the most train stations.

Technically speaking Elgin still has two stations. Don't know where that ranks on the number of stations in a town list.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’m guessing Glasgow, Edinburgh, Coatbridge and Greenock?

What a quartet.

Indeed

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Dumfries is a good call tbh. We should be upgrading the status of our border settlements with the view to building a citadel so we can pump out military units and annex our rival civ’s cities.

Just shows I should have read the article.

I assumed with its status in the blue wall that it was on the shortlist for the new English city

2 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

i thought platinum was 75 years , next year will only be 70 . are they having this early incase betty doesnt make it another 6 years? 

At the risk of being called bitey, you thought wrong. A Platinum anniversary is 70 (at least for weddings it is). 

Edited by Jacksgranda

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Ardrossan has 3.

Is this an argument for saying Dundee should not be a city?  Yes  I know about all the other stuff, marmalade and all that but a little bit station and platform impoverished to be the real thing.

Discuss.

On 25/09/2021 at 21:18, Fullerene said:

Is this an argument for saying Dundee should not be a city?  Yes  I know about all the other stuff, marmalade and all that but a little bit station and platform impoverished to be the real thing.

Discuss.

The country's true hubs of economic activity get the rail service they deserve. The City of Greater Greenock has 13 stations. 

484028919_CdS2JR0WwAIEFkw(1).jpg.7ca21a362411b6b2a24ca56712076030.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-58665700

It's coming home lads. £4 for a pint and thousands of tourists coming to shop in our charity shop and bookies filled high street incoming.

Could you nip and see what they've got in XXL?

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Discuss.

Hmmm Dundee has more than 1.

Dundee "Central" and Broughty Ferry are both in the city. Balmossie - I think is just in the Dundee CC area. Whilst Invergowrie and Monifieth are pretty much Dundee.

Worth noting that Aberdeen only has itself and Dyce with nothing within 10 miles of it either side...

Railway stations should be counted based on postcode.

Dundee can claim:

Dundee (DD1)
Invergowrie (DD2)
Broughty Ferry (DD5)
Balmossie (DD5)
Monifieth (DD5)
Barry Links (DD7)
Golf Street (DD7)
Carnoustie (DD7)
Montrose (DD10)
Arbroath (DD11)

It annoys me more than it should that Montrose's postcode comes alphanumerically before Arbroath's.