New City in Scotland

New Scottish Jubilee City  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

67,000 is the population I believe.  I don' think there's 12 more places with more people in than that.  I may be wrong.

Edit - Fair point on the *** part.

Re the *** part, it was glorious when the Portland Club turned into the Inverness Mosque & Islamic Community & Education Centre. :)

48 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The 67,000 is including Smithton, Culloden and Balloch which to anyone with a working brain, are now part of Inverness, having been separate to it when they were originally built about 60 years ago.

If you’re going by the “urban area” definition then it bumps everyone else up as well. Ayr, Greenock, Falkirk and Dunfermline off the top of my head are all part of much bigger sprawls.

53 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The 67,000 is including Smithton, Culloden and Balloch which to anyone with a working brain, are now part of Inverness, having been separate to it when they were originally built about 60 years ago.

By a weird coincidence Inverness at number 13 on that list as well because that logic means that for example Dunfermline includes Rosyth,  Inverkeithing etc. 
Paisley disappears into the total for Greater Glasgow but Motherwell goes from 24th to 5th if you include (Bellshill, Carfin, Holytown, New Stevenston, Newarthill, Newmains, Viewpark & Wishaw)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_towns_and_cities_in_Scotland_by_population

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

If you’re going by the “urban area” definition then it bumps everyone else up as well. Ayr, Greenock, Falkirk and Dunfermline off the top of my head are all part of much bigger sprawls.

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

By a weird coincidence Inverness at number 13 on that list as well because that logic means that for example Dunfermline includes Rosyth,  Inverkeithing etc. 
Paisley disappears into the total for Greater Glasgow but Motherwell goes from 24th to 5th if you include (Bellshill, Carfin, Holytown, New Stevenston, Newarthill, Newmains, Viewpark & Wishaw)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_towns_and_cities_in_Scotland_by_population

Well no, those places listed are separate towns.  Culloden, Smithon and Balloch are housing estates that are clearly part of Inverness.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Whenever somewhere from the rural parts of the north-east (i.e most of it) is mentioned, there is mass confusion in the rest of the country.

It's about time the profile was raised.

Therefore go for either Rhynie, Clatt, Oyne, Foggieloan or Auchterless.

That'll confuse them.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

A bit like Paisley and Glasgow, then

Just now, TheScarf said:

Well no, those places listed are separate towns.  Culloden, Smithon and Balloch are housing estates that are clearly part of Inverness.

You could argue your way up and down the list a few places by contesting the inclusion/exclusion of each and every suburban village but I'll leave that pissing contest for people from Greenock or Dunfermline to take up. 

The more basic point is that there are so few of you that you could still all fit inside Murrayfield even if you bring the outlying suburbs along.

Inverness feels like a metropolis compared to every one horse town for 100 miles in all directions because it's got a 2nd horse 

Imagine the civic pride of a place which gains "City Status" simply because one old woman who has had lifelong access to healthcare the rest of us could only dream of refuses to fucking die. Even being host to an economy-size SkyFairy House is a less embarrassing reason.