The Binos v The Blue Brazil

22 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Great result in the end but what happened in the 2nd half ? We allowed Cowdenbeath back into the game and against better opposition we could have been punished. Strange decision re subs from KR taking off Bikey and Mackin in particular, don’t understand that. Still we got the result in the end and a cracking 4th goal from Sean Heaver to wrap up the match.
Onwards to Elgin next Saturday and hopefully we play better in the second half otherwise we could be coming down the road with nothing.

Agree with most of what you said. Regarding Bikey and Mackin getting taken off - at the time I was a bit puzzled. But the last 15 or so minutes I think proved that Kev got it right. For some inexplicable reason cowden started playing this weird high line which meant Omar, carrick, heaver and Moore kept getting in behind them 

24 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Definite game of 2 halves from a Stirling perspective and as has been mentioned above, the score line did flatter us but we will gladly take it.

I thought for the first 20-30 minutes, that was probably the best First Half we have played at home for a long time, but Cowdenbeath we’re making it easy for us.

The game plan in the Second Half appeared to be to sit in and contain the lead, but we never really got started and desperate Defending and woeful finishing from Cowdenbeath, including an unbelievable miss from Liam Buchanan, ensured that we were still on target to bag the 3 points, but that miss seemed to be the catalyst for us to open up again and go on and score 2 sucker punch goals.

Bringing Dale Carrick on and playing him through the middle was a master stroke and he really did make things happen in his 15 minute cameo appearance and showed us something that has been missing since Andy Ryan left the club, I’ve said all season that I felt he was wasted on the wing and today proved that.

They’re young lads not causing any bother and having a bit of fun from what I can see where I sit. We are quick to have a go at kids in our areas that don’t come out to support their local clubs, choosing to “support” the old firm or a large number of EPL sides rather than their run of the mill lower league team, and they are trying to inject a bit of atmosphere into Forthbank, fair play to them. At 41 years old I find it a bit cringe but I also take my hats off the the lads when generally there isn’t much to get excited about most weeks, I’m sure your own club would also love to encourage 20-30 youngsters along to Central Park to watch Cowdenbeath also. Fair play to them in my opinion.

I’m all for kids being encouraged but why put them in amongst the away support ?

There were some very young kids in the Cowden support who had to listen to a bunch of 12 year olds swear throughout inc sexual references.  A few complaints were made and the stewards were not to happy with their behaviour resulting in them being moved out of the area they occupied at half time.

After half time, they returned and according to stewards this was on the instructions of Club officials. To be fair the stewards were not pleased about this as they were getting pelters about the kids behaviour.

Club needs to do better and surely posting a steward with them to regulate their behaviour wouldn’t be too hard to do.

There's rarely any trouble at lower league games and a bit of banter is all part of the fun. But if you're going to insist on away supporters going to a designated area surely it should be for away supporters only. Great to see young kids supporting their local team, but I suspect they are put where they  are because the rest of the home support are fed up listening to them.

There were some very young kids in the Cowden support who had to listen to a bunch of 12 year olds swear throughout inc sexual references.  

Ah, where I sit (next to the Cowdenbeath Directors) I did not hear or see any of that Brazilianlex and obviously can not condone or support that behaviour. As someone who has taken my young son to games since he was 5 years old (he is nearly 11 now) then I know how I have felt when such behaviour has happened about where we sit/stand, in fact, it forced us to move our season ticket seats in the first place.

The club does pride itself on being a family friendly club with growing links to Academy football and the Community, and knowing the Board personally I think it’s safe to say that they’ll want to encourage these youngsters to enjoy their day and have fun, but will be concerned about the behaviours posted above and if they were indeed informed of such, will act on it.

I suspect they are put where they  are because the rest of the home support are fed up listening to them.

Going by conversations amongst them that I heard at the Albion Rovers game a few weeks ago, I THINK they chose to sit there because it’s the biggest section “up the back” that has the fewest reserved seats for Season Ticket holders.

26 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

Stick the young lads behind the goal. Forthbank is an example of how to build a modern lower league ground . Shame only 1 stand is open

its a simple case of economics for the club that the terraces are not open. Why spend additional money opening another part of the ground if they are only 500/600 folk in a stand capable of holding 1200/1300 fans. Also believe their are issues with the terracing not having a safety certificate or something. 

5 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Typical - a tinpot pub outfit!:ass

If we could only become such a tin pot club second in the league and giving Kelty a good run for the title as I expected they would.

If its not financially viable for them to stream games then what's the point in losing money on it. Their home crowds are more or less back to the level they were pre covid so whose left to watch them, can't even flog streams to fans in England now.

Kelty also stopped live steams but i've never heard anyone giving them grief about it.

As the saying goes footballs a game not a TV show.

Guest mr_malcolm
its a simple case of economics for the club that the terraces are not open. Why spend additional money opening another part of the ground if they are only 500/600 folk in a stand capable of holding 1200/1300 fans. Also believe their are issues with the terracing not having a safety certificate or something. 

I understand why it’s not open and I agree with it. It’s just a shame as it’s a cracking ground

2 hours ago, rhliston said:

Great result in the end but what happened in the 2nd half ? We allowed Cowdenbeath back into the game and against better opposition we could have been punished. Strange decision re subs from KR taking off Bikey and Mackin in particular, don’t understand that. Still we got the result in the end and a cracking 4th goal from Sean Heaver to wrap up the match.
Onwards to Elgin next Saturday and hopefully we play better in the second half otherwise we could be coming down the road with nothing.

All Cowden's attacking was going down Bikey's side because he wasn't switched on enough defensive and the right-back was doing well going forward. He wasn't doing enough the other way to compensate for that.

Mackin did reasonably well but was tiring when he went off for Carrick, whose ability to run the channels rejuvenated us when we were struggling. It was no coincidence that the pressure that led to the third goal started when he won a free kick out on the right touchline.

Thought KR's subs were the right ones today.

Strangest 4-0 game I think I've ever seen. There wasn't that much between the sides. Felt like we had 5-6 chances and scored almost all of them. 

Defence was excellent, though, in particular Adam Cummins. 

Scoreline definitely flattered us, we were ponderous for long spells on Saturday, and it needed the subs to inject a bit of life into things. Helps when the opposition aren't any better, mind. However, it's churlish in the extreme to overly criticise a 4-0 win, they don't come around very often for us. 

Good bit of confidence to take to our bogey ground next week.