The Binos v The Blue Brazil

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

Next up at Forthbank, we entertain the Blue Brazil who are struggling near the bottom of League 2 and hopefully we will be able to keep up our winning run at home.

Prediction Binos 2 Blue Brazil 0

Last time I was at Forthbank Stirling were hot favourites. Coxy put an end to that.

Another 3-4 would be nice.

Last visit we got into bar in stand.  Is this still open?  Cricket club open?  Best pubs in town?  Previously been in old post office pub i think.  Any other recommendations?     

Bar in the ground has been closed by Active Stirling and is no longer there sadly, however the cricket club is still open. Usually a decent number of Stirling fans head to the Springkerse View.

Best pubs in town all goes on personal opinion, the “old post office pub” Morrison’s tends to be the one most people refer to when talking about the town, I can’t remember the last time I was in the town pre-match but No 2 Baker Steet, Brewdog, Molly Malones, Kilted Kangaroo and City Walls are all good pubs.

8 hours ago, vince sinclair said:

Last visit we got into bar in stand.  Is this still open?  Cricket club open?  Best pubs in town?  Previously been in old post office pub i think.  Any other recommendations?     

In addition to pubs already mentioned, Port Customs. Some would say an old mans pub. I would call it traditional. Perhaps Albion have aged me prematurely. If eating, across from Port Customs https://indiancottagestirling.com/

thought first fifteen minutes we dominated, played good football, and created chances.

Then whatever happened, we seem to settle for that, cowden never created much first half, but had most of the possession.

Second half, cowden dominated for long spells and should have had a goal or two, but they scorned the chances, We made some subs in the last fifteen and killed the game. Nice to see wee Sean heaver scoring, will do his confidence a lot of good. overall a good win. But cowden not as bad as the score suggests.

1 minute ago, albion20 said:

thought first fifteen minutes we dominated, played good football, and created chances.

Then whatever happened, we seem to settle for that, cowden never created much first half, but had most of the possession.

Second half, cowden dominated for long spells and should have had a goal or two, but they scorned the chances, We made some subs in the last fifteen and killed the game. Nice to see wee Sean heaver scoring, will do his confidence a lot of good. overall a good win. But cowden not as bad as the score suggests.

Yes we are. It's the same story every game.

Agree with albion20’s assessment. 4-0 flatters Stirling I think. Not going to moan about the result though.

Will moan about having to revert to 442 before half time again.

Special mention for the lack of supervision for the crèche. And to the crèche themselves for knowing some of the words and phrases at their age even if they don’t actually know what half of it means. Made it a cringeworthy afternoon.

Great result in the end but what happened in the 2nd half ? We allowed Cowdenbeath back into the game and against better opposition we could have been punished. Strange decision re subs from KR taking off Bikey and Mackin in particular, don’t understand that. Still we got the result in the end and a cracking 4th goal from Sean Heaver to wrap up the match.
Onwards to Elgin next Saturday and hopefully we play better in the second half otherwise we could be coming down the road with nothing.

Definite game of 2 halves from a Stirling perspective and as has been mentioned above, the score line did flatter us but we will gladly take it.

I thought for the first 20-30 minutes, that was probably the best First Half we have played at home for a long time, but Cowdenbeath we’re making it easy for us.

The game plan in the Second Half appeared to be to sit in and contain the lead, but we never really got started and desperate Defending and woeful finishing from Cowdenbeath, including an unbelievable miss from Liam Buchanan, ensured that we were still on target to bag the 3 points, but that miss seemed to be the catalyst for us to open up again and go on and score 2 sucker punch goals.

Bringing Dale Carrick on and playing him through the middle was a master stroke and he really did make things happen in his 15 minute cameo appearance and showed us something that has been missing since Andy Ryan left the club, I’ve said all season that I felt he was wasted on the wing and today proved that.

Special mention for the lack of supervision for the crèche. And to the crèche themselves for knowing some of the words and phrases at their age even if they don’t actually know what half of it means. Made it a cringeworthy afternoon.

They’re young lads not causing any bother and having a bit of fun from what I can see where I sit. We are quick to have a go at kids in our areas that don’t come out to support their local clubs, choosing to “support” the old firm or a large number of EPL sides rather than their run of the mill lower league team, and they are trying to inject a bit of atmosphere into Forthbank, fair play to them. At 41 years old I find it a bit cringe but I also take my hats off the the lads when generally there isn’t much to get excited about most weeks, I’m sure your own club would also love to encourage 20-30 youngsters along to Central Park to watch Cowdenbeath also. Fair play to them in my opinion.