Famous films you've never seen

scottsdad

Only seen 1 Star Wars film and that was the Jar Jar Binks one. 

Not seen any Harry Potter guff. 

Not seen any of the 100 DC Marvel guff released in the past 5 years or so, apart from Venom.

Never seen inception, I intend to but from what I've heard I don't think I've got the patience for it. 

I still haven't seen Citizen Kane. Nor Lawrence of Arabia.

Also haven't seen the majority of classic Westerns, including most of Clint Eastwood's spaghetti westerns and the works of John Wayne, as they used to be constantly on the telly on Sunday afternoons when I was wee, and the ones I did see were interminably boring to a kid who liked giant fighting robots and never gave a shit about cowboys & indians.

Never seen a John Hughes film, as they all looked like something I really had no interest in.

Edit: amending the last one, as I didn't realise he did Ferris Bueller, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, and Uncle Buck. I did like me some John Candy.

If you look at John Hughes' later writing/producing credits, his quality control went right downhill after he finished directing!  :lol:

Edited by BFTD

Apart from really old films that are classics like It’s A Wonderful Life and stuff, I think the most modern for me would be Schindler’s List. I also have never and will never watch any Lord of the Rings pish. 

On 03/10/2021 at 15:19, Rugster said:

Apart from really old films that are classics like It’s A Wonderful Life and stuff, I think the most modern for me would be Schindler’s List. I also have never and will never watch any Lord of the Rings pish. 

I recently re-watched LotR and it hasn't aged well. 

I've not seen any Richard Curtis after 4 Weddings. I'm not sure i've seen any romantic comedies at all since Hitch. Do they still make them? 

Just missing Conan the Destroyer out of having watched all of Arnie's ouevre (i think), although i did fall asleep in the one where his daughter's a zombie.

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I've not seen any Richard Curtis after 4 Weddings. I'm not sure i've seen any romantic comedies at all since Hitch. Do they still make them? 

As a charity shop worker, I can confirm that the romantic comedy genre is still massively popular.

Not that we ever sold any, but we could've built a new shop out of the millions of romcom DVDs that were given to us.

On 03/10/2021 at 14:19, BFTD said:

I still haven't seen Citizen Kane. Nor Lawrence of Arabia.

Also haven't seen the majority of classic Westerns, including most of Clint Eastwood's spaghetti westerns and the works of John Wayne, as they used to be constantly on the telly on Sunday afternoons when I was wee, and the ones I did see were interminably boring to a kid who liked giant fighting robots and never gave a shit about cowboys & indians.

Never seen a John Hughes film, as they all looked like something I really had no interest in.

Edit: amending the last one, as I didn't realise he did Ferris Bueller, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, and Uncle Buck. I did like me some John Candy.

If you look at John Hughes' later writing/producing credits, his quality control went right downhill after he finished directing!  :lol:

I saw Lawrence of Arabia on re-release in the old, and much missed, Odeon in Clerk Street.

It was a boiling hot summer day outside and the aircon in the cinema wasn't working so it gave the desert scenes added reality.

I seem to recall it was a good film but that was about 30 years ago.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I saw Lawrence of Arabia on re-release in the old, and much missed, Odeon in Clerk Street.

It was a boiling hot summer day outside and the aircon in the cinema wasn't working so it gave the desert scenes added reality.

I seem to recall it was a good film but that was about 30 years ago.

Always good when the surroundings enhance the film you're watching. I saw the first Resident Evil film with some brainless zombies who brought their extremely young children along because they couldn't find a babysitter, presumably. The stampede to the lift at the start coincided with a sudden rush to bundle up the screaming weans and rush them out of the cinema.