Let's All Laugh at the Royalist Nats and Greens

The_Kincardine

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Another Natwit who hasn't read the A of U.

This is the ignorance that Scotland's partitionist movement is based on.

Whereas you’ve read it but, as Ad Lib showed the last time he rinsed you, you were too thick to understand it.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Another Natwit who hasn't read the A of U.

This is the ignorance that Scotland's partitionist movement is based on.

I admit I haven't read the Acts of Union (either the Scottish or English ones), so can you explain what is wrong with my comment "they would be withdrawing from a union of several states" apart from my wrong use of several when it should just be two?

17 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I admit I haven't read the Acts of Union (either the Scottish or English ones), so can you explain what is wrong with my comment "they would be withdrawing from a union of several states" apart from my wrong use of several when it should just be two?

The A of U created a new nation - that of Great Britain.

Not hard  to understand.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not hard  to understand.

... which if one party withdraws from, would unmake that nation. There is nothing to prevent one side withdrawing from an agreement or treaty, even after a few hundred years. No legislation is forever binding, future lawmakers can change whatever acts they want, whenever they want.

Edited by Soapy FFC

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not hard  to understand.

The 1800-01 created a new sovereign state - the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, supposedly “forever”. Then when Ireland understandably elected to smash up the UK, the UK decided to partition Ireland. Being a vocal opponent of partition (boo!) do you therefore hate the partitionist UK?

Edited by Antlion

3 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

... which if one party withdraws from, would unmake that nation. There is nothing to prevent one side withdrawing from an agreement or treaty, even after a few hundred years. No legislation is forever binding, future lawmakers can change whatever acts they want, whenever they want.

Except in the 315 years following the AoU Britain has become so interwoven that it's impossible to separate 'us' from 'then'.  Not only did 1707 make us one nation but the centuries of interchange thereafter confirmed it.

Anyone who thinks a chap from, say, Eyemouth, should have to cross an international border to go for his messages in, say, Berwick, is simply unhinged.

31 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Anyone who thinks a chap from, say, Eyemouth, should have to cross an international border to go for his messages in, say, Berwick, is simply unhinged.

Yet you seem to find this acceptable for people from, say, Burnfoot going for their messages in, say, Derry.

Completely unhinged.

3 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Yet you seem to find this acceptable for people from, say, Burnfoot going for their messages in, say, Derry.

Completely unhinged.

I don't.  Not in the slightest.

This is just pish that you made up.  Not that I am surprised.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

What?  Despite me saying it hunners of times?

If I recall correctly you claimed to only want Ireland reunited if it’s under UK rule - which is a step beyond even the fundy extremism of Farage and his ilk. Truly mental.

• The_Kincardine changed the title to Let's All Laugh at the Royalist Nats and Greens
2 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

We don't need Ireland tbh. Canzuk is the way forward. 

Once the next referendum either gets blocked or lost by the Nationalists they will eventually come around to it. 

Thank you and good night. 

Ah, Canzuk's back, you did well not to cough it back under your new nom de plume for so long. Unite the white bits of the British Empire!