Let's All Laugh at the Royalist Nats and Greens

The_Kincardine

1 hour ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

This is it. I actually enjoy some of your posts and think you have some interesting points but this hard shelled exterior thing you often do where you pretend not to understand something is a bit condescending and hard to reasonably engage with. 

image.thumb.png.7cfd50650cf5778e8d5dd1f37b6b7bbd.png

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah, it seems you are just going to use this ridiculous argument no matter what analogy is put to you so I'll bail at this point.

If you ever fancy actually engaging on the substance of the discussion I'll be happy to come back in.

If allowing all of the electorate to participate in a referendum is a " ridiculous argument" then you'd have come up with a better analogy.

13 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I'm trying hard to make sense of this. You seem to be saying that the police are banning something which is somehow floating free of any social or cultural ties. "It's banned because it's banned" is a ridiculous statement. What's led to the banning of a song, then?

I certainly wasn’t saying that, as you well know.

The notion that banning a song changes it’s fundamental nature is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Here's Nationalist Scotland.  Boorish, peevish,  ignorant and neddy.

All marginally preferable to “racist”, “bigoted”, “extremist”, “hate fuelled”, and “banned” - the adjectives which generally apply to the folk whose Tweets and posts you promote.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Here's Nationalist Scotland.  Boorish, peevish,  ignorant and neddy.

AHHHHHH SCOTTISH ACCENTS AND LIGHT HUMOUR HELP ME IM GOING INSANE

Edit: oh look the scottish tories have done a trainspotting style poster which among other things lists Humza "a brown person" Yousaf on it, how delightfully droll!

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

It has come to my attention that there has been a complaint in a thread not including the word title in its descriptor ...

"Not easy when you have a thicket of diddies repeating the same tired old tropes day after day"

11 hours ago, sophia said:

It has come to my attention that there has been a complaint in a thread not including the word title in its descriptor ...

"Not easy when you have a thicket of diddies repeating the same tired old tropes day after day"

WTF you on about?  The Snp and their plan for Independence?  I agree it is getting tiresome hearing their pish. 

4 hours ago, Kenneth840 said:

Lassie with the black hair likes him, looks like she's preparing herself for a gobble. 

4 hours ago, Kenneth840 said:

WTF you on about?  The Snp and their plan for Independence?  I agree it is getting tiresome hearing their pish. 

You seem like an individual that has the capacity for advancement and learning beyond a base communication level 

1 hour ago, sophia said:

You seem like an individual that has the capacity for advancement and learning beyond a base communication level 

A rare bout of optimism - fair play to you. Misplaced I fear. 

I see that the ancient town and former Royal Burgh of Dunfermline was a gathering point for the Indy X forum.  All proceedings available on Y'tube if you can be arsed.  Sleazy Eck and Dim Doug Chapman - a serving SNP MP in Westminster - addressed the throng.  The main conclusion is that 'they' need a Plan B as there is no likelihood of a referendum any time soon.  The funny bit was them trying to separate a desire for independence from the clusterfuck that is the Nat-Green coalition, marred as it is by incompetence and mendacity.  I think the summary is, "Let's not talk about how iJock will be governed as we've clearly shat on our own doorstep".

All very much, "Last Days of Rome" stuff from a movement in crisis.  Here's how it was reported:

112842573_Indyx.thumb.png.c37b5a504cc0329a4bff13b0316afa9e.png

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

My crass, single-issue thread is all about lampooning the small-minded xenophobes who want to partition Britain and is clearly labeled as such and is hived off to a 'sandbox' part of the forum.

If I may be so bold, you really have been successful in your endeavour.

As for the rest, well that's just repeating the same tired old tropes day after day.

hi i know this is a shitpost thread but the next time a mildly negative story comes out about the snp or some weirdo christian fringe group poses with claymores and bunnets on demanding independence, can whichever unionist comes steaming in here please pause and consider whether its worse conduct than a literal lawbreaking prime minister (who doesnt look like theyre going to resign either... now imagine its sturgeon getting fined and what you'd be saying, ta) and the uk govt now sending human beings to rwandan happy camps deflecting from their lawbreaking prime minister?

thanks

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

hi i know this is a shitpost thread but the next time a mildly negative story comes out about the snp or some weirdo christian fringe group poses with claymores and bunnets on demanding independence, can whichever unionist comes steaming in here please pause and consider whether its worse conduct than a literal lawbreaking prime minister/the uk govt now sending human beings to rwandan happy camps deflecting from their lawbreaking prime minister?

thanks

all well and good but.....ferries. 

39 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

hi i know this is a shitpost thread but the next time a mildly negative story comes out about the snp or some weirdo christian fringe group poses with claymores and bunnets on demanding independence, can whichever unionist comes steaming in here please pause and consider whether its worse conduct than a literal lawbreaking prime minister (who doesnt look like theyre going to resign either... now imagine its sturgeon getting fined and what you'd be saying, ta) and the uk govt now sending human beings to rwandan happy camps deflecting from their lawbreaking prime minister?

thanks

So no criticism of the SNP because the Tories are shitebags?  

Doesn't seem very fair. 

24 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

So no criticism of the SNP because the Tories are shitebags?  

Doesn't seem very fair. 

If its in good faith then fair enough, but

i) its getting harder and harder to justify remaining in the union with each passing scandal as the tory govt acts with impunity and brass necks its way through everything; also note that the likes of mcgarry, derek mackay etc all got punted from frontline politics in holyrood/wm pretty sharpish. The snp, for all their faults, are (ordinarily, will accept theres likely something im missing out here tbf but nothing springing to mind) held to account when shit hits the fan. In part its cynically motivated as theres 100% a mainstream media/bbc interest in sexing up bad news stories involving the snp, but it at least means the likes of Salmond end up having to go down the Galloway route rather than staying actually relevant.

Theres next to no accountability at the superior parliament in this Family of Nations - apart from when internal tory/labour party politics ends up ratfucking somebody - and its an utterly shite state of affairs.

ii) I get that theres no defending the indefensible, but theres a sound argument to be made that the only viable route away from all this for scotland is independence. Sharing some bullshit from twitter about a few weirdos demanding independence but not commenting on the daily malfeasence by the tories is shitehawk behaviour; in essence we should just eat whatever shit gets shovelled in our faces at westminster and accept it. Scotland gets what England wants.

7 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

If its in good faith then fair enough, but

i) its getting harder and 1.harder to justify remaining in the union with each passing scandal as the tory govt acts with impunity and brass necks its way through everything; also note that the likes of mcgarry, derek mackay etc all got punted from frontline politics in holyrood/wm pretty sharpish. 2. The snp, for all their faults, are (ordinarily) held to account when shit hits the fan.

ii) I get that theres no defending the indefensible, but theres a sound argument to be made that the only viable route away from all this for scotland is independence. Sharing some bullshit from twitter about a few weirdos demanding independence 3.but not commenting on the daily malfeasence by the tories is shitehawk behaviour; in essence we should just eat whatever shit gets shovelled in our faces at westminster and accept it. Scotland gets what England wants.

1. When was the last time you would have said it was a justifiable position to wish to remain in the UK? 

2. I'd disagree, they're much the same as most political parties in that respect, they get away with what the public allows. The Tories are worse than them at it undoubtedly but the idea people shouldn't criticise the SNP on a separate thread designed for that is a bit of a weird take. 

3. I'd say it's equally poor when people fail to criticise the SNP. I see this on here quite a lot. Society would be in a far better place if people weren't so tribal and defensive over their favourite political groups. 

2 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

1. When was the last time you would have said it was a justifiable position to wish to remain in the UK? 

2. I'd disagree, they're much the same as most political parties in that respect, they get away with what the public allows. The Tories are worse than them at it undoubtedly but the idea people shouldn't criticise the SNP on a separate thread designed for that is a bit of a weird take. 

3. I'd say it's equally poor when people fail to criticise the SNP. I see this on here quite a lot. Society would be in a far better place if people weren't so tribal and defensive over their favourite political groups. 

Im using all my mobile data :(

1) sounds like an interesting question actually. Immediately after the last indyref is the first thing coming to mind as it was, for better or worse, a No vote... but then we had rolling back on The Vow sharply after that (thanks gordon), commanding SNP election wins vs. Tory govt after Tory govt, Brexit and shafting Scottish fishermen, ppe scandals...

2 and 3 we're probably on a similar hymn sheet, but its not the SNP in power at Westminster; id argue that merits greater scrutiny.