Let's All Laugh at the Royalist Nats and Greens

The_Kincardine

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't know the rest of that song or much of the context, but commenting only what's in that video it doesn't seem overtly anglophobic. 

I think it’s clearly talking about a hisorical english army and not modern english civilians in Scotland. 

There is a nasty streak of dog whistle anti englishness in some parts of the indy movement and singing about some rose tinted glorious history of defiance might appeal to that. It might also be part of his national identity. 

Hard to tell without context. 

Needs to lose the hat though. 

100%. 

The attendees weren't there due to an interest in history. 

It's brain rot that some posters can't just condemn such ridiculous things.

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Reading p'n'b during a Microsoft teams meeting = acceptable

Playing songs during a teams meeting = unacceptable

I'll watch the video after work. If it contains references to Sassenachs & White Settlers like DAF suggests, I'll happily condemn it.

I never suggested that.

Nice to see you already working on another deflection tactic though.  Anything to get out of condemning the video you’ve clearly watched.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

Reading p'n'b during a Microsoft teams meeting = acceptable

Playing songs during a teams meeting = unacceptable

I'll watch the video after work. If it contains references to Sassenachs & White Settlers like DAF suggests, I'll happily condemn it.

Fair enough. 

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I get that you're a passionate guy so wouldn't like to mistake that with anything negative or nastier. 

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd accept the Partitionists' 'it wisnae us' nonsense wrt the desolation of Arbroath but for one small detail:  The keynote speaker was none other than the President of the SNP, Mike Russell.

He's not as good at the keyboard as I thought. Should have got Pete Wishart in really. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

40 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There's nothing wrong with that viewpoint Dawson and right now I personally no longer support Independence either.

The point about who should get to make that decision however is a different issue.

That decision should rest with those living and working in Scotland and absolutely nobody else.

It's up to those who favour staying in the UK to then make a positive case for that.

Except, as @Dawson Park Boyrightly said, we're all one nation.   If there's a group who want our nation partitioned then it affects us all so should be a whole-nation decision.

1 minute ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I never suggested that.

Nice to see you already working on another deflection tactic though.  Anything to get out of condemning the video you’ve clearly watched.

As I said, I'm at work and cannot play music. I've already said that I'll watch the video tonight. You'll just have to wait.

If the video doesn't mention sassenachs or white settlers, then why did you?

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

As I said, I'm at work and cannot play music. I've already said that I'll watch the video tonight. You'll just have to wait.

If the video doesn't mention sassenachs or white settlers, then why did you?

Because I was informing people that Anglophobia isn’t acceptable in this day and age, and giving examples of it.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd accept the Partitionists' 'it wisnae us' nonsense wrt the desolation of Arbroath but for one small detail:  The keynote speaker was none other than the President of the SNP, Mike Russell.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Except, as @Dawson Park Boyrightly said, we're all one nation.   If there's a group who want our nation partitioned then it affects us all so should be a whole-nation decision.

Using this logic Montenegro's independence is illegitimate as the referendum on independence was only open to those resident in the territory of Montenegro.

Edited by GNU_Linux

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
21 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:
His post literally said "yes you are" so it was a pointless shite post. Didn't attempt to make any sort of point related to the tweet. You are an atrocious white Knight....
Why would I apologise for Tommy Robinson? 

Why should the SNP apologise for AUOB?

I never said they did...

So why should I apologise for Tommy Robinson? 

Try and not answer questions with questions, it's very tiresome. 

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Using this logic Montenegro's independence is illegitimate as the referendum on independence was only open to those resident in the the territory of Montenegro.

There are almost no parallels between the two.  It's a pretty silly 'whit aboot'.

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

So first we had denial and now @welshbairn is playing the 'whit aboot' card.  Expect personal abuse to follow to complete the Nationalists' normal MO.

10 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Nice to see Kincy weighing in to provide further evidence that Rangers fans are all desperately thick c***s 😂

Day Of The Lords proves Kincardine’s point entirely 😂

A bit of advice from Blair for some of you.

I don’t know if you are one of the people who needs to hear this, but she isn’t a Nazi or a dictator. Talking in these terms doesn’t damage her, it simply makes you look like you live in a different reality from the voters you are supposed to be trying to win over. All the time you spend pretending to believe you live in a totalitarian state is time you are not talking about her very real failures. You are letting her off the hook. If accepting that Nicola Sturgeon isn’t Hitler doesn’t allow you enough space to criticise her, delete your account.

Similarly, ditch the sexist attacks on the First Minister. If you go after Nicola Sturgeon in a sexist way, it is wrong. It is also self-defeating. Misogynistic attacks make her a more sympathetic figure and make you look deeply unattractive. You may not be conscious that the memes and language you have picked up are based on her gender, but think before you post. For example, only women are labelled a “nippy sweety”. The only reason to call her “Mrs Murrell” is to diminish her as a woman.