Let's All Laugh at the Royalist Nats and Greens

The_Kincardine

On 13/06/2022 at 15:02, Duries Air Freshener said:

Has anyone ever seen Sturgeon with a content, peaceful, joyous look on her face?

Absolutely I have - and we all did.  She loved her weekend in London celebrating Her Maj's Jubilee.  Never seen her sour wee coupon looking to delighted.

20 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I've seen The Sturge twice irl and both times she smiled back when I smiled at her. Maybe she's just scunnered at the absolute state grown adult men get themselves into over her playing them all like tiny wee insecure fiddles.

She has been known to scowl at nazis.

On 14/06/2022 at 18:59, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Of course she has lied. But as politicians go she is squeaky clean compared to the utter scumbags at Westminster. 

Is that even possible, to be squeaky clean and a liar? No.

On 14/06/2022 at 19:02, Zern said:

She also has a political record any of said scumbags would be envious of.

What has she achieved in 8 years?  As they say, be very specific.  And don't mention the baby boxes which was stolen from Norway. 

14 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

What has she achieved in 8 years?  As they say, be very specific.  And don't mention the baby boxes which was stolen from Norway. 

Stolen? If you call implementing a policy that proved successful elsewhere and recognising it could work here. Aye. Stolen.

The is also the child poverty payment, the free feminine hygiene products, the national investment bank, increasing the voter franchise. She has also shone a light on misogyny within our society. That last one was probably unintentional, but i think we know who to credit.

Of course any assessment of her political record would be a wee bit longer than 8 years, and include her being deputy leader when securing the first of our independence referendums.

49 minutes ago, Zern said:

Stolen? If you call implementing a policy that proved successful elsewhere and recognising it could work here. Aye. Stolen.

The is also the child poverty payment, the free feminine hygiene products, the national investment bank, increasing the voter franchise. She has also shone a light on misogyny within our society. That last one was probably unintentional, but i think we know who to credit.

Of course any assessment of her political record would be a wee bit longer than 8 years, and include her being deputy leader when securing the first of our independence referendums.

I thought Alex Salmond secured the 2014 independence referendum.  Anyway education, poverty and a promise to deliver a national energy company that would be just braw right now has been a failure.  

The national investment bank has been giving money to the "Scottish elites".  We are as corrupt as westminster.  Nicola Sturgeon has moved us firmly to the right, especially with the last statement from Kate Forbes, public sector workers will lose their jobs.  Isn't that austerity?  People need to realise that the Snp have become Tartan Tories.  

Growth commission report = Austerity for 10 years.  So why adopt it?

Now we can accept it and do our best to build for the future, or we can bury our heads in the sand and pretend that it won't.  

Edited by Kenneth840

1 hour ago, Zern said:

So that is her sum total of success is it?

What about her other boasts, just to metion a few.

Closing the attainment gap

Education

Health Service

Cal Mac Ferries

Stopping early release

Drug Deaths

Scotrail

Police Scotland

Mentioning we are better than other parts of UK at every opportunity

Minimum pricing on alcohol

Highest Income tax in UK

Any other you wish to add?

Edited by Crazy Days

I'm not sure that calling for a referendum can be described as burying heads in the sand.

SNP right-wing? If anything they're been pulled left in their coalition with the most left-wing party represented in Scottish politics. Scottish Greens act as a moderator. The right-leaning parts of SNP support split and became Alba. The further right have their pick of Labour &Conservative if pro Brexit and Libdem if not.

SNP may be shite, but there are degrees of shitiness, and they don't stink as bad as all the others. If anything they come up smelling rather nice.

1 minute ago, Crazy Days said:

Capital I in i may if you are going to be pedantic. Nice with the insults but that's the Nat way

I guess it would help if you had something to say other than a list of things that happen to be in Scotland. Let's start with the highest income tax. That is something they've used to fund increases to child benefits for the lowest earners in our society, it literally takes from the wealthiest and gives to the poorest.

Is that a bad thing?

2 hours ago, Zern said:

I guess it would help if you had something to say other than a list of things that happen to be in Scotland. Let's start with the highest income tax. That is something they've used to fund increases to child benefits for the lowest earners in our society, it literally takes from the wealthiest and gives to the poorest.

Is that a bad thing?

Doesn’t take from the wealthiest in the slightest.

The wealthiest get paid in dividends and capital gains, not income.

38 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Doesn’t take from the wealthiest in the slightest.

The wealthiest get paid in dividends and capital gains, not income.

To be more precise, it takes from high earners and gives it to low earners.

Is capital gains tax devolved?

3 hours ago, Zern said:

Is that a bad thing?

Income tax devolution has been a disaster for the Scottish Government.  It has not raised the expected amounts and has left a massive budget hole.  Or maybe you missed the announcement of public sector cuts.

9 minutes ago, strichener said:

Income tax devolution has been a disaster for the Scottish Government.  It has not raised the expected amounts and has left a massive budget hole.  Or maybe you missed the announcement of public sector cuts.

Not raised the expected amounts is long way from disaster, sounds like a partial win.

Or they could follow Labour/Libdem policy and do nothing, or Tory policy and do less than nothing.

Are you criticising them for attempting to do something or are you saying they should go even further and get more control over fiscal policy and how it is managed and distributed?

10 minutes ago, Zern said:

Not raised the expected amounts is long way from disaster, sounds like a partial win.

Or they could follow Labour/Libdem policy and do nothing, or Tory policy and do less than nothing.

Are you criticising them for attempting to do something or are you saying they should go even further and get more control over fiscal policy and how it is managed and distributed?

Not an expert on this but I think if they had NOT done it, they would have received more cash from the UK  government.

Self defeating, I think.

Also, back to the Laffer principle. The more you increase tax rates, the less you take in.
People are smarter than governments.