Let's All Laugh at the Royalist Nats and Greens

The_Kincardine

14 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Now that's a charitable statement. 

Well i did say.

So are we agreed that the SNP/Green coalition promise of a referendum is realistic? They tried to get another Edinburgh Agreement last parliament and that ended with UK refusal. So they worked on legislation that set out the framework for advisory referendums in Scotland and passed that. It is under that framework we hold the referendum in 2023.

2 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Sorry to break the unfortunate news, but your manifesto means zero compared to reality.

Do you think it's worse to put something in a manifesto that (if you're right) a Party doesn't have the power to decide, or putting in things that are clearly within the power of a Party such as these from the Conservatives? Or do both mean zero compared to reality?

We will not raise the rate of income tax, VAT or National Insurance. 

Extra funding for the NHS, with 50,000 more nurses and 50 million more GP surgery appointments a year.

40 new hospitals.

12 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Do you think it's worse to put something in a manifesto that (if you're right) a Party doesn't have the power to decide, or putting in things that are clearly within the power of a Party such as these from the Conservatives? Or do both mean zero compared to reality?

We will not raise the rate of income tax, VAT or National Insurance. 

Extra funding for the NHS, with 50,000 more nurses and 50 million more GP surgery appointments a year.

40 new hospitals.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0DdtdyOPZi8hEqF234om

3 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Manifestos have a crucial role, a good example is the Salisbury convention. Its not just a prospectus they have constitutional weight. 

Nobody is bound by the Salisbury Convention, as shown by the fib Dems in the last decade.

47 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

😂 Well, that's me telt! 😂

Santander obviously thinks crying “whataboutery” is a means of hiding hypocrisy.

If people are going to call something out whilst defending and supporting something much worse, their hypocrisy should absolutely be highlighted, whether they say, “but we’re not talking about that” or not.

53 minutes ago, strichener said:

Nobody is bound by the Salisbury Convention, as shown by the fib Dems in the last decade.

The fact that the system is a nonsense as it relies upon convention doesn't make it not the system. 

But I suppose a sort of scratch and sniff method of choosing your government rather than say a list of aims and objectives which you can then use to hold the government to account would be preferable/at the right kind of level for some folks. 

On 25/04/2022 at 10:55, Duries Air Freshener said:

You’re obviously emotionally invested in Kincardine’s posts.

You need some background here.  @WhiteRoseKillieis a super-smart and very capable poster with an undoubtedly big brain. That he is "emotionally invested in my posts" isn't a new observation, though, but is something which goes back a decade.  

@WhiteRoseKilliejoined P&B simply to post about Rangers and, in the past ten years, has posted more about me and my team than he ever has about his own club.  Indeed, he is the second-biggest contributor to the Big Rangers Thread after wur big pal, @bennett.

When, on one thread alone, you make almost 7,000 posts about Rangers/Rangers posters - yet purport to support Kilmarnock - then you have a massive problem.

In contrast, I post - overwhelmingly - about Rangers but have a side-gig of denigrating Natter Scotland in the sandbox part of the forum.  This is normal and pretty healthy.  So when @WhiteRoseKillieworries about my MH I have to ask who, actually, has the issue.

Certainly not me.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You need some background here.  @WhiteRoseKillieis a super-smart and very capable poster with an undoubtedly big brain. That he is "emotionally invested in my posts" isn't a new observation, though, but is something which goes back a decade.  

@WhiteRoseKilliejoined P&B simply to post about Rangers and, in the past ten years, has posted more about me and my team than he ever has about his own club.  Indeed, he is the second-biggest contributor to the Big Rangers Thread after wur big pal, @bennett.

When, on one thread alone, you make almost 7,000 posts about Rangers/Rangers posters - yet purport to support Kilmarnock - then you have a massive problem.

In contrast, I post - overwhelmingly - about Rangers but have a side-gig of denigrating Natter Scotland in the sandbox part of the forum.  This is normal and pretty healthy.  So when @WhiteRoseKillieworries about my MH I have to ask who, actually, has the issue.

Certainly not me.

"Football clubs that died" thread for this pish

44 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Certainly not me.

my 

me 

my 

my 

I've deleted the superfluous verbiage in order to demonstrate where I fear there may be something at issue.

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Certainly not me.

Very good points about the bold WRK.

He seems to think making sweary and abusive posts adds weight to his arguments, but I’m afraid it doesn’t wash with me.

You’d think he’d be a bit happier considering Killie’s recent league triumph.

11 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Absolutely.  You were unable to answer the point, so went onto something else completely.

What point? You offered two answers to points raised, ultimately closing that argument down. I was moving your closed debate on by asking for a compare and contrast on items raised in different manifestos. Which of course you deflected from with a charge of "whataboutery", in its own way, "whataboutery". But hey ho, there we are.

On 26/04/2022 at 13:27, Duries Air Freshener said:

Great post.

Referendum powers lie with Parliament.. NOT Holyrood.

The SNP can keep claiming they have a mandate for another referendum all they like, but they don’t.

‘Why won’t Nicola tell us when wurr huvvun wurr reffarenndum?’

Answer - Because she doesn’t have the power to decide.

’But it wiz in ra manifestoe! We huv a mandate!’

Answer - Sorry to break the unfortunate news, but your manifesto means zero compared to reality.

Much like the manifesto of every government ever elected. Really.

25 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

What point? You offered two answers to points raised, ultimately closing that argument down. I was moving your closed debate on by asking for a compare and contrast on items raised in different manifestos. Which of course you deflected from with a charge of "whataboutery", in its own way, "whataboutery". But hey ho, there we are.

The point that the SNP falsely claim to have mandates for referenda on partition.

You, outrageously, shamefully, laughably and flippantly, responded with a response I’ve often seen from Nats:

’What about the Tories?!’

8 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

The point that the SNP falsely claim to have mandates for referenda on partition.

You, outrageously, shamefully, laughably and flippantly, responded with a response I’ve often seen from Nats:

’What about the Tories?!’

Will you be voting in 2023 then?