Let's All Laugh at the Royalist Nats and Greens

The_Kincardine

On 21/05/2022 at 18:27, The_Kincardine said:

Just catching up after a trip.  Lots of tosh - all of which are expected.

I’ll take it from this that you haven’t done any of the recommended reading? Tut tut. 0/10.

That we're a unitary nation-state in undeniable - whomever you quote.

Except I am denying it, and there are literally reams of peer reviewed academic literature denying it.

That 'what Westminster wants Westminster gets' is the cornerstone of our constitution., too.

No it isn’t.

Firstly, you are playing fast and loose with the word “Westminster”.

Secondly, we have plenty examples of situations where “Westminster” wanting something wasn’t enough, because it was recognised that other constitutional imperatives apply.

The (vast) majority of MPs in the UK Parliament who sat between 2010 and 2015 were resolutely opposed to both Scottish independence and a referendum on Scottish independence. Yet following the 2011 Scottish elections, the Prime Minister, the Government, and then those MPs acknowledged there was a constitutional justification for that referendum they didn’t want, and they negotiated, and then legislated, accordingly.

You are hopelessly out of your depth here.

10 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Why is everyone so excited about Ad Lib "rinsing" him but didn't see the need to comment when Ad Lib was "rinsing" the two Scottish Nationalists on their ridiculous arguments? 

Zern and the old angry Aberdeen fan? They got put in a spliff for like 2 days straight and haven't posted here since. 

Probably because they understand when their arses have been handed to them on a plate.

That self-awareness, something it appears Rangers fans specifically lack, is what redeems them.

36 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Probably because they understand when their arses have been handed to them on a plate.

That self-awareness, something it appears Rangers fans specifically lack, is what redeems them.

If they did then I'm sure we wouldn't have been subjected to the nerd Olympics we witnessed for 2 days straight. As you correctly pointed out at the time initially they were missing the point from the get go. 

I'm aware my posts are nowhere near as technical and as informed as yours but I certainly don't lack self awareness. I don't think the majority of Rangers fans on this site do either. Some nutters exist of course but I can't change that. 

What is certainly true is that you've debated Indy supporters and pretty much embarrassed them but nobody seems to notice until you beat a Unionist in an argument and it's suddenly party time. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

If they did then I'm sure we wouldn't have been subjected to the nerd Olympics we witnessed for 2 days straight. As you correctly pointed out at the time initially they were missing the point from the get go. 
I'm aware my posts are nowhere near as technical and as informed as yours but I certainly don't lack self awareness. I don't think the majority of Rangers fans on this site do either. Some nutters exist of course but I can't change that. 
What is certainly true is that you've debated Indy supporters and pretty much embarrassed them but nobody seems to notice until you beat a Unionist in an argument and it's suddenly party time. 
Interesting use of the standard Old Firm fan favourite "but whitaboot THEM" [emoji23]

26 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Interesting use of the standard Old Firm fan favourite "but whitaboot THEM" emoji23.png

You do realise that Ad Lib wasn't arguing with me so I'm not even involved on either side of the debate that was happening. You can laugh at stupid Unionist points all you like it just says something about you when you ignore similar Nationalist stupidity. 

8 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Lots of time for introspection between bans and when he’s switching between the two equally tiresome (“but look how different we are, right? Right?!”) accounts.

You're so consumed in such a weird paranoid way it's crazy. Notice how most of the moderate posters ignore this weird infantile creative writing you so often tend to do. I really hope for your sake what you're doing is some sort of bit rather than your sincere thoughts. 

3 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

You're so consumed in such a weird paranoid way it's crazy. Notice how most of the moderate posters ignore this weird infantile creative writing you so often tend to do. I really hope for your sake what you're doing is some sort of bit rather than your sincere thoughts. 

When are you going to give SANTAN his dog and couch back? I note you seem less keen to dwell on that particular arse/plate handing.

17 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

You do realise that Ad Lib wasn't arguing with me so I'm not even involved on either side of the debate that was happening. You can laugh at stupid Unionist points all you like it just says something about you when you ignore similar Nationalist stupidity. 

^^^ The nick of this teary-eyed pish 😂

The others you referred to appear to have bowed out of their respective debate with Ad Lib. Kincy is still at it, because he's a fucking idiot. 

On 22/05/2022 at 21:05, Ad Lib said:

In your terms that means I am hopelessly right here.

That "Westminster Writ" goes from Thurso to Truro is beyond contention and that the AoU created a new nation in perpetuity is a matter of fact.

It is also complete nonsense to say, "following the 2011 Scottish elections, the Prime Minister, the Government, and then those MPs acknowledged there was a constitutional justification for that referendum".

There was no such thing.  There was a pragmatic - not constitutional - driver for an IndyRef based on the notion it would knock it on the head once and for all.  

Dim Dave Cameron knew about as much about our unitary nation state as you did and made a complete arse of it.  This is the harvest we're reaping right now.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

In your terms that means I am hopelessly right here.

That "Westminster Writ" goes from Thurso to Truro is beyond contention and that the AoU created a new nation in perpetuity is a matter of fact.

You seem intent on continuing to embarrass yourself here. We’ve already seen how Acts of Union cannot and have not existed “in perpetuity”. You might have declared your desire to see the Irish forcibly returned to subservience to UK rule, but that doesn’t mean that the union created “in perpetuity” in 1800-1 actually lasted in perpetuity. It didn’t. The wording of that Act was shown to be a fiction when the UK broke up in the 1920s.