Some questions about the Lowland League.

With this season actually started, I wouldn't worry too much about a LL team being relegated to the WoSFL right now. VoL are 6pts adrift with a massive -GD. Failing to pick up a single point so far.

You're then playing ifs and buts over the SPFL2 Playoff and having a Cumbernauld Colts or Broomhill drop off a cliff to finish 2nd bottom.

As it stands at the moment, it looks highly likely that Vale of Leithen will be the team relegated from the Lowland League (12 defeats out of 12, only 2 goals scored and 66 conceded.)

Vale of Leithen would go to the EoSFL so, if the WoSFL champions were to win the promotion play-off, there would only be 6 teams relegated from the WoSFL Premier Division this season to make it a league of 16 next season. 

Vale of Leithen are nailed-on to finish bottom and will go East. There's so little West representation at the moment aside from Cumbernauld Colts and Caledonian Braves that it shouldn't be an issue this season. 

Broomhill I'm not sure about...while nominally a west club, Alloa's clearly in the East. The current incarnation of the club's never played anywhere else, so there's no precedent to fall back on...the original club's now playing in WOSFL Div 4.

5 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Vale of Leithen are nailed-on to finish bottom and will go East. There's so little West representation at the moment aside from Cumbernauld Colts and Caledonian Braves that it shouldn't be an issue this season. 

Broomhill I'm not sure about...while nominally a west club, Alloa's clearly in the East. The current incarnation of the club's never played anywhere else, so there's no precedent to fall back on...the original club's now playing in WOSFL Div 4.

Broomhill would go to the EoSFL if they were relegated as they are based in Alloa.

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

What if they went down, went to the East, then got a place in Glasgow in 2/3 years time? Are there mechanisms in place for a sideways transfer like that?

Can't believe I forgot about Broomhill being an EoSFL team :)

I don't imagine there is anything set up like that. Their best attempt would be to try and get a groundshare in the West to fall into the WoSFL area despite having the EoSFL nominated at the start of the season. Which would be doomed to fail.

6 minutes ago, Shanner said:

what's the script with Broomhill being at Alloa?

there are umpteen examples of successful ground-shares in the greater Glasgow area but they end up in Alloa rather than secure something closer to home. 

It’s because of the requirement for them to play at a licensed ground.If they were relegated I’m sure they’d get a ground share somewhere nearer.

4 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

It’s because of the requirement for them to play at a licensed ground.If they were relegated I’m sure they’d get a ground share somewhere nearer.

Ah I see. Bit of a joke club in all honesty.

They want progression but can't be arsed to build it on solid foundations like having a home in the area they come from. 

7 minutes ago, Shanner said:

They want progression but can't be arsed to build it on solid foundations like having a home in the area they come from. 

They did enquire about land in Victoria Park beside Broomhill but AFAIK they got knocked back.There was opposition and there were people who wanted to turn the land into an orchard 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Shame as well. The idea wasn't bad. If a pyramid was to grow (as it has) I liked the idea of youth or amateur clubs stepping up into it. Ye could forgive them for temporarily heading out of the city when (if?) the long term plan was to return and to give an avenue for young players but whether by circumstance or design it's all went to tits and they just seem like money grabbing chancers now. 

5 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

They did enquire about land in Victoria Park beside Broomhill but AFAIK they got knocked back.There was opposition and there were people who wanted to turn the land into an orchard 🤷‍♂️

That's been rumbling on for years and the bit of ground in question is still used for nothing more than dog walking. 😀

It's a pity they can't share Scotstoun with  the Rugby gimps. It must be up to standard and it's as close to Broomhill as they're going to get.  

48 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

What if they went down, went to the East, then got a place in Glasgow in 2/3 years time? Are there mechanisms in place for a sideways transfer like that?

It would need to be a discussion for the powers-that-be at that time if that scenario arose.

33 minutes ago, Shanner said:

what's the script with Broomhill being at Alloa?

there are umpteen examples of successful ground-shares in the greater Glasgow area but they end up in Alloa rather than secure something closer to home. 

They needed a ground that would meeting licencing standards. It was the nearest senior plastic pitch that didn't already have a groundshare. The Juniors options kind of ran out. Ashfield wasn't going to meet licencing. They left on bad terms with Maryhill by most accounts. Then there was meant to be an attempt to get in at Petershill that never went anywhere.

They've failed to get different projects off the ground for their own place or other non-football facilities. Which is why the youth club has split off from them having given up on getting a ground that would meet licencing standards within Glasgow.