Some questions about the Lowland League.

I watched an interesting debate on the LL forum which has rattled me a bit. I could wade through the countless threads on that forum but I think a few questions needing answered would maybe put me on a better steading.

1: Has the main man I think is called George Fraser resigned?

2: The SFA have still to sign off a ruling that if the OF Colts win the league the highest placed LL club would go onto the play-off.

3: If this is true then the team bottom of the SL2 and the LL could go to court and have their relegations overturned.

Seems too unbelievable to be true, but this is Scottish football.

35 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

I watched an interesting debate on the LL forum which has rattled me a bit. I could wade through the countless threads on that forum but I think a few questions needing answered would maybe put me on a better steading.

1: Has the main man I think is called George Fraser resigned?

2: The SFA have still to sign off a ruling that if the OF Colts win the league the highest placed LL club would go onto the play-off.

3: If this is true then the team bottom of the SL2 and the LL could go to court and have their relegations overturned.

Seems too unbelievable to be true, but this is Scottish football.

1) Yes, Tam Brown nowadays of Gala FR is the new Chair.

2) Yes, still to be signed off on the last anyone heard.

3) Yes, it's possible there could be challenges. The SPFL2 Playoff is set up in such a way that HL v. Club 42 would still likely go ahead though.

9 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I know nothing about the politics, etc but I hope that Colts pish is a one season only deal. 

That’s what it was sold as… but we all smelt the shite at the time then Mr Fraser and his chums started accusing us of being “trolls” as some of us were very concerned and annoyed at the way the proposal was pushed through 😇

They are now lying in the bed they made for themselves whilst someone has scored 50k somewhere along the line, no tv deal has appeared and the league has becoming a laughing stock.

5 minutes ago, Spyro said:

That’s what it was sold as… but we all smelt the shite at the time then Mr Fraser and his chums started accusing us of being “trolls” as some of us were very concerned and annoyed at the way the proposal was pushed through 😇

And the quieten those concerns it was said the SFA had approved of the rule changes to allow the Colts to enter. So either George Fraser was lying or incompetent, with the slights possibility of the SFA being shady.

Let's have straight relegation for spfl42, and a play off game for club 41 into both the HL and LL. IF all relegation stuff was sorted, then the Lowland could be an absolute cracker of a league, minus the OF of course. Money changing hands and shady dealings, surely not the SFA and various blazers ?

2 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Let's have straight relegation for spfl42, and a play off game for club 41 into both the HL and LL. IF all relegation stuff was sorted, then the Lowland could be an absolute cracker of a league, minus the OF of course. Money changing hands and shady dealings, surely not the SFA and various blazers ?

Have to disagree. The LL will never be that until the made up clubs are filtered out, including the ugly sisters B teams. Those two need drop kicked and the trapdoor needs to be opened further to allow more clubs in the tier below access. As it stands the pyramid is a bottleneck.

11 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Wouldn't that happen with so many teams getting licensed etc ? Could a Lowland Division 2 be created to allow lower tier clubs a path upwards ? Or is the difficulty all to do with the SFA rulings and the spfl club's fear of dropping down ? 

Going by recent history, that will probably only be possible if there's at least 20 clubs in it so that no-one needs to have the balls to enforce relegation.

Edited by jimbaxters

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

1) Yes, Tam Brown nowadays of Gala FR is the new Chair.

2) Yes, still to be signed off on the last anyone heard.

3) Yes, it's possible there could be challenges. The SPFL2 Playoff is set up in such a way that HL v. Club 42 would still likely go ahead though.

2) The SFA are not signing this off and are still trying to blackmail the LL into removing the HL/LL boundary.

The root cause of all this is Colts being admitted and Petrie seeing an opportunity to abolish the line.

22 minutes ago, holmparkheroes said:

Why have LL2, tier 6 is already populated.

There are those that advocate for a single division LL2 or LL2 West & East as a means to streamline promotion relegation between t5&t6. 

The trade off in weakening the WOSFL & EOSFL to benefit the LL & lower the South's standing doesn't seem worth it to me. 

There needs to be at least 2 if not 3 promotion spots into the Lowland League and even then will be 5 years until it has the best non league teams south of the Tay in the league.

The criticism is always we were late to the party so that's it and its too bad there and we can't dictate their relegation spots. When Lowland League was formed the party hadn't started and no one we knew well were going so why would we join them.

Getting rid of the dividing line at the Tay potentially in exchange for Colt teams is madness and hopefully doesn't pass but Rod Petrie holds grudges and wants to piss off the Lowland League board any way he can.

The teams in top 10 of both East & West League would easily be battling for top 3 spots in Lowland League in my opinion and it's frustrating it will take so long to change as teams are scared to plummet down the leagues.

If Cumbernauld Colts or Caledonian Braves do eventually get relegated it also means an extra team in our league like potentially Largs, Troon, Kirkintilloch Rob Roy, or even us at Meadow could go down if in 8th bottom or 4th bottom from next season which would be a bit pish!

7 hours ago, Shannon said:

There needs to be at least 2 if not 3 promotion spots into the Lowland League and even then will be 5 years until it has the best non league teams south of the Tay in the league.

The criticism is always we were late to the party so that's it and its too bad there and we can't dictate their relegation spots. When Lowland League was formed the party hadn't started and no one we knew well were going so why would we join them.

Getting rid of the dividing line at the Tay potentially in exchange for Colt teams is madness and hopefully doesn't pass but Rod Petrie holds grudges and wants to piss off the Lowland League board any way he can.

The teams in top 10 of both East & West League would easily be battling for top 3 spots in Lowland League in my opinion and it's frustrating it will take so long to change as teams are scared to plummet down the leagues.

If Cumbernauld Colts or Caledonian Braves do eventually get relegated it also means an extra team in our league like potentially Largs, Troon, Kirkintilloch Rob Roy, or even us at Meadow could go down if in 8th bottom or 4th bottom from next season which would be a bit pish!

Why is it pish?  You want rules for going up so you need to suck up the rules for going down. 

9 hours ago, Shannon said:

Only if the WoSFL champions do not win the play-off.

If it's one going up and one coming down, then it's 7 relegated from the Premier Division this season and 3 relegated from next season onwards.

If it's one going up and none coming down, then it's only 6 relegated from the Premier Division this season and 2 relegated from next season onwards.

If it's none going up and one coming down, then it's 8 relegated from the Premier Division this season and 4 relegated from next season onwards.

Each season will be different depending on who gets relegated and who wins the play-off.