Big, Horrible Motherwell vs County - 25/09/2021

52 minutes ago, ropy said:

Does Jordan White strike you as the type of guy that comes back to haunt you?

He'll probably have a t-shirt ready for under his shirt to be exposed when he scores that reads "I never felt I was given much of a chance at 'Well and was unfairly scapegoated at times on social media"

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

He'll probably have a t-shirt ready for under his shirt to be exposed when he scores that reads "I never felt I was given much of a chance at 'Well and was unfairly scapegoated at times on social media"

Or, ‘I took the heat off Polworth for six months’ 

We're flying at the moment. We look like a team for the first time in a while and are just off the back of a great result at Ibrox. County are still winless and this thread has reminded me they have Jordan White up front who was rank rotten for us. This will also be the first game I've been able to make this season and I can't wait.

With all of this in mind, 2-1 County.

The thing is, out of our league performances, I have been happy with all of then this season. Its the league cup that's been a massive disappointment but the hard work and results in the league have helped to overcome that.

Hopefully a good performance this weekend and we can continue our unbeaten run 

I'm really hoping that both Ojala and big Sandra make it as I feel that despite going well, we've still never played the same defence twice and we could be doing with that.

I also wonder if this game will finally call for us to get above 30% possession in order to win it and with that in mind, Goss should be in contention (otherwise, it's difficult to understand what kind of game we signed him for).

Highly nervous about this one as I *really* want the current feel good stuff to keep going and I've seen County beat us too often at Fir Park to be complacent.

20 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I saw that 'Flow had mentioned Goss was injured and that was why he wasn't in the squad on Sunday. 

Yeh, I saw that - but my assumption was that he wouldn't have started at Ibrox in any case given that we would rarely be in possession. 

Just now, ZX1886 said:

Oft, £24 a ticket for County fans making the journey. Are our categories now:
Old Firm: £30
Everybody else: £24

Note Aberdeen and Hibs were the same price, assuming Dundee were as well.

Top 4 team, #boxoffice 

Like @Swello  mentions above, this would probably be a good game to get Goss involved with, over someone more industrial like Grimshaw.  Hopefully the Scandanavian Sexgods are fit and raring to go at the back on Saturday.

If van Veen & Watt fancy it on Saturday, I think we could hand out a bit of a doing.  4-0 Motherwell.

Kelly

O'Donnell  Johansen  Ojala  Carroll

O'Hara  Slattery  Goss

Woolery  Watt  van Veen

9 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Cant believe I am saying this after crucifying the guy preseason and into the league cup matches but I think McGinley deserves to keep his place over Carroll. I think he has been excellent last few games

I said similar after Ibrox but I guess the decision will be around the fact that in a game where the onus will be on us to attack, does Carrol offer more going forward than Toby (and I think he does).

I think Carroll thinks and plays like a pure full-back, which is probably the better option in games where we want to attack. McGinley has been very good in his absence, but for me he still plays a bit like a centre back who's been asked to play left-back, which probably helped in games where Aberdeen and Rangers were attacking a lot.

We did miss Carroll's set-piece delivery but given that's something that Goss can supposedly contribute, we may not need to consider that.

5 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

We're flying at the moment. We look like a team for the first time in a while and are just off the back of a great result at Ibrox. County are still winless and this thread has reminded me they have Jordan White up front who was rank rotten for us. This will also be the first game I've been able to make this season and I can't wait.

With all of this in mind, 2-1 County.

This. This 100%.

Hoping Ojala and Johansen are fit.

Edited by Allroy for Prez