Sons V Alloa

2 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Well that wasn't a great look for the club at all. On both sides things went far to far. Me and a couple of others stood and waited and wanted to get a calm chat with Barry. He came out 10 minutes after the game and stood for easily 30 minutes and was in no rush to get away. He agreed he shouldn't have come running over and should have approached the situation in a better way but he wears his heart on his sleeve and it was a build up of some ridiculous shouts the past few weeks to his players that caused him to approach the fans, again said he wished he wish he approached it differently. He says that him and the team feel that an element of the support has been so negative and can't wait to jump on the players back said that other managers have commented how supportive and encouraging our supporters are but he hasn't really felt that the first few months together. He wants everyone to be singing off the same hymn sheet and going in the same direction. Thinks the negative attitude has affected players and he is determined to change that. He also said we are in and around challenging for the league and he thinks the team will only get better the more they play together as they have had a good turnaround of players In the summer. He said he takes responsibility for the changes but he lives and dies by his decisions but the support need to give it time and make their judgements in the later part of the season as he's confident the club will be up there at the business end of the season. I brought up the lack of communication with no pre or post match interviews and that the supporters feel like he doesn't feel like he needs to communicate with us and he said this is absolutely not the case and he is very surprised the club have never asked him to do this and he is going to insist to the club that this changes( I have volunteered myself to do this as @LeodhasXD is far to busy and doesn't have the time). The last thing he said to me was he absolutely expects shouts and a bit of stick If he gets things wrong but his players will always give 100% for the club so he hopes the fans can give them 100% backing.

techcrunch disrupt GIF by Product Hunt

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

More of a riddy than Ferguson at full time had to be the the Alloa fans sucking up to him outside the ground. 

"I'll do anything fur ye Barry"

Cringe.

I can garuntee you there was absolutely none of that going on, what happened really doesn't look good for the club. A good discussion was had with both sides putting their views across and I appreciated Barry for being a man and standing and being up front about everything as he could have easily walked straight past us. Hopefully everyone can move on from it and we have a successful season.

14 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

I can garuntee you there was absolutely none of that going on, what happened really doesn't look good for the club. A good discussion was had with both sides putting their views across and I appreciated Barry for being a man and standing and being up front about everything as he could have easily walked straight past us. Hopefully everyone can move on from it and we have a successful season.

Bloody did. I saw and heard it.

17 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Have to agree Liam, I didn't want him his manager, haven't been impressed by some of his signings or treatment of some of our long serving players but willing to give him a chance.

He showed passion today but probably not in the right way.

As I said before didn't hear any abuse today but it has possibly been a culmination of the abuse over the last few months. 

Rossco McLean should win that for us on two occasions but I'll forgive him in the circumstances. However, Alloa made 20 fouls and didn't recieve a single booking. It was clear the instructions were to stop Calum Wilson from getting on the ball and a few guys made 4 or 5 fouls on him without question. The ref had a poor game. But we can't blame others for not taking chances and at home we should've taken 3 points. 

I missed the game as I had something on but from the highlights it looked decent. A draw away against anyone in this division is a good result as the teams are evenly matched . Dumbarton have had an excellent start therefore a draw away to them is never a disaster. 

Excellent goal from Boyd once again. 

As I said weeks ago , I just hope fans get behind the players and management as this team is decent and improving and certainly all is to play for . We have a strong squad with real options from the bench .

Remember we were relegated last season after conceding something like 53 goals in 27 games . The team needed surgery this summer and we have to let the new guys settle. Players like Church , Boyd  and the excellent Niang are improving every week .  This is a much younger team and it takes time . 

Mon Alloa