Sons V Alloa

7 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm pretty certain it will be, yes, and I'm also pretty sure away fans can get a drink in Bar 1872 in the football club itself.

Thanks mate. Never used to get into the bar at the ground in the past, but other than the playoff final it's been a while.

Cue 7 of the cowshed young team dressed as the 7 dwarves looking for a free pint .

then it turns into an episode of only fools and horses 

when they realise you are pulling our plonker . 🙂

Edited by Vegetableman

5 minutes ago, mike rankine said:

Can see a red card coming given how niggly the game is and the way it's being refereed.

I actually think the ref has been extremely reluctant to use his cards. How that Niang avoided a yellow for his challenge on Duthie is beyond me. Duthie pretty much left him no choice with his yellow.

What a fanny Barry Ferguson is. Team played really well first half and dropped a bit deep second half, goal was coming and Barry comes over asking who’s been shouting abuse and trying to fight the supporters. Fans were singing and getting behind the team, went a bit flat in the second half, and certainly weren’t directing abuse at anyone. He’s made his bed as far as I’m concerned, get him so far to f**k.

Draw was probably a fair result over the 90 minutes. I thought we lacked a killer ball in the 2nd half despite having possession and somebody up front to lead the line. Officials were a disgrace - how many pushes, holds, elbows and forwards backing into the defender did they let Alloa away with? 

Pretty uninspiring stuff again from an Alloa point of view. There's a lot of creative talent in the squad but the manager is still to work out how to bring it all together. Boyd worked hard and took his goal very well, albeit shocking defending from Buchanan to not just head the ball out, and from his defensive colleagues to leave Boyd free in front of goal. We seemed content to sit back in the second half which is a dodgy plan when you have Mendy at centre back. He again brought his mix of aerial dominance interspersed with some bizarre decision making. The normally reliable Durnan had one howler too which could have cost a goal. I felt a Dumbarton goal was coming and a draw was a fair result in the end. 

I thought Niang was terrific again and our best player.

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Draw was probably a fair result over the 90 minutes. I thought we lacked a killer ball in the 2nd half despite having possession and somebody up front to lead the line. Officials were a disgrace - how many pushes, holds, elbows and forwards backing into the defender did they let Alloa away with? 

I’ll be honest, I thought we played numerous killer balls in that 2nd half and just had no one getting on the end of them. Everytime we went up the park we were firing perfect balls into the box.

What a fanny Barry Ferguson is. Team played really well first half and dropped a bit deep second half, goal was coming and Barry comes over asking who’s been shouting abuse and trying to fight the supporters. Fans were singing and getting behind the team, went a bit flat in the second half, and certainly weren’t directing abuse at anyone. He’s made his bed as far as I’m concerned, get him so far to f**k.

We’ve been crying out for fan engagement from the manager since he took the reigns, this isn’t what it looks like. Proper chav behaviour and an embarrassment to the club.
IMG_0054.jpg

I thought a draw was reasonably as I did think out final ball looked like getting anywhere particularly in first half. 
my main gripe today is officials allowing Alloa to commit soft fouls all game allowing play to break up . Bookings dished out were deserved but he let a lot go