Irn Bru Firm v The Bloo Toon

An upside (other than winning and being top of the league!) was that we were getting efforts on target. Four outstanding saves by Long, one cleared off the line and you can add in that Liam Brown hit the post.

Superb game of football; some of that slick passing play was as good as anything I've seen a QP side play.

Ok, a bit concerning that Peterhead came back so strongly, but we changed it and we're two points ahead and unbeaten. Halcyon days.

We've got an excellent squad now and hopefully some support to Simon Murray on the goalscoring front.

Good to hear a wee bit of noise at the game too.

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

He was excellent as were many others. Not sure what your point is here, I wasn’t pulling him up I was stating he’s not been at his high standards? Yesterday he certainly was and you can see the difference. Very unlucky not to score. 

My mistake ---I had started to reply to your post from last week's game which disappeared into hyper space and when I posted yesterday it retained part of my response to you so no point trying to be made other than a team without him in it is a weakened team. Our best signing by some distance imo...

6 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

18 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Looking forward to the highlights. The VT editor’s going to have a challenge deciding what to leave out.

Did I imagine it or did Mikey Doyle have a charge and the keeper saved with his legs from close-in?

Brown's effort would have been goal of the game with a side pass into the corner. Terrific movement.

On 26/09/2021 at 18:05, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Did I imagine it or did Mikey Doyle have a charge and the keeper saved with his legs from close-in?

Brown's effort would have been goal of the game with a side pass into the corner. Terrific movement.

The first for Peterhead looked faster on the slow-mo replay than it did in realtime.

We really did play some lovely stuff in the first half. Haven’t seen us create so many great chances in a long time. No exaggeration to say we could have been 6 up. Ellis will be delighted with that, but I also imagine he will be massively disappointed that we squandered so many one on ones with the keeper. And, of course, a few minutes of slack defending and we look like chucking it away. But credit to everyone for digging in and turning it around. This team has fantastic spirit. Although I didn’t see another goal coming until Luca’s bit of class (can we start him on Sunday please?) I also thought that was McHugh’s best game this season and nice link up play for the winner with Thomson – who also played well, especially his tackling and range of passing in the second half.