Irn Bru Firm v The Bloo Toon

14 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Great post!

Not because it contains any valuable insight, of course, but because it proves that you don't have a fucking clue and people can now ignore you with full confidence that they're not missing anything.

The c**t is obsessed but I do love his selective nonsense when it comes to injuries. Just completely ignoring the injuries picked up this season. We have so many folk out injured that can play centre defence that our right back has been playing there for the last three games. And none of the three loan players he is referring to can play there either.

However, we have more than enough quality in midfield and attack to compensate for that. The problem is they aren't taking enough chances to kill off teams and take the pressure off our defence. Aye we were probably a bit fortunate to be 2-1 up against Clyde last week but we had good opportunities after that to finish them off.

On 23/09/2021 at 11:09, peternapper said:

Yes Simon has been given the chance to take some sessions with the squad, Derek Lyle has been given the chance of coaching the strikers, he is still playing although now 41 his goal scoring days are getting far & few between but still probably the fittest player in the squad.

Also is there any parking allowed behind the Jackie Husband Stand on matchdays?

There is but not for us ordinary fans. If in a car do not park in the side streets off Firhill Road as this is resident parking only.

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

However, we have more than enough quality in midfield and attack to compensate for that. The problem is they aren't taking enough chances to kill off teams and take the pressure off our defence. 

Top scorers table…only Murray made it to the top half of the list so you’re correct with your comment but equally our strikers have a relatively poor return for the chances they are getting. Not a combination for winning a league. Hopefully some of the new arrivals will create a belief that it’s better to have a go and fail than play safe.

9620ECBF-FDBF-4DEC-B34C-E0AC74BAF696.thumb.jpeg.b0416d6e67b797e23fed05e61a13760f.jpeg

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Yes Simon has been given the chance to take some sessions with the squad, Derek Lyle has been given the chance of coaching the strikers, he is still playing although now 41 his goal scoring days are getting far & few between but still probably the fittest player in the squad.

Ventured in here for betting insight, but, parking on Garscube road near Firhill road is probably a good shout, offers a good getaway to the M8. 

Bad time to indicate to QP fans I really fancy you for a coupon inclusion this weekend and QP have never lost when I bet on them. But, I'm having a shocker of a season in the gamblings. Doing the research it looks like it should be a win, but a lot of draws going on. 

8 hours ago, qpfc said:

Very important game for us in terms of maintaining momentum stopping us going into a real slump in form. I fully believe we’ll win the game but Ellis really needs to nail his lineup. I’d go for this:

Muir 

Doyle           Kilday           Fox           Robson 

Gillespie    
                 Brown                Connell 

Smith                     Murray            Longridge 

I’ve noticed people saying brown is off form. I personally wouldn’t say he’s necessarily out of form, i feel like he’s set the bar so high from his early performances that there’s now an expectancy for him to be the main man. With Connell in the team, you’d hope the opposition would need to occupy their attention on both players instead of Brown solely. It’s clear opposition set out to stop Brown playing and dictating play. Paul sheerin stated in his post match interview after the Falkirk game that he set up the team to nullify the impact of Brown and you can tell Airdrie and Clyde have followed suit. Hoping to see Smith start as he’s looked brilliant any time I’ve seen him so far, made a great impact against Clyde

This would be my starting 11 if possible. I do agree Liam is being drowned out by other teams (also think form is measured based on capability so he is still out of form even if the bar is high).  Connell in a more forward role would help take some pressure off Liam to create everything. I don't think we need two sitting midfielders (Gillespie and Thomson). They switch it up well in the sense when one pushes forward the other one can sit but Jack isn't offering anything close to Connell. I'd like to see Gillespie sitting and dictating play with Luca and Liam floating around the edge of the opposition box, as above. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

2 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

This would be my starting 11 if possible. I do agree Liam is being drowned out by others teams (also think form is measured based on capability so he is still out of form even if the bar is high).  Connell in a more forward role would help take some pressure off Liam to create everything. I don't think we need two sitting midfielders (Gillespie and Thomson). They switch it up well in the sense when one pushes forward the other one can sit but Jack isn't offering anything close to Connell. I'd like to see Gillespie sitting and dictating play with Luca and Liam floating around the edge of the opposition box, as above. 

Looks tidy but I noticed last week Longridge was out on the right when Smith came on. Kilday was sub last week so hopefully ready now.

Banker home win [emoji17]

Ventured in here for betting insight, but, parking on Garscube road near Firhill road is probably a good shout, offers a good getaway to the M8. 
Bad time to indicate to QP fans I really fancy you for a coupon inclusion this weekend and QP have never lost when I bet on them. But, I'm having a shocker of a season in the gamblings. Doing the research it looks like it should be a win, but a lot of draws going on. 

I've parked on Trossachs Street a number of times this season, you can probably park closer but it's a 5 minute walk from Firhill and I've had no issues at all there. 

In truth we should have been dead and buried after the first 15mins and Qp should have been out of sight by half time and I could have been back in Munns.

2nd half we actually fought for the ball created some chances and scored a couple of decent goals but I'd still like to know what your keeper was doing for the first it looked like a right dribbler from Ritchie.After our 2nd we sat back and invited it on to ourselves and it was only a matter of time and to be fair the best team over the 90mins came out on top.

Cannae believe I've been in 3 pubs in the leafy west end and I'm yet to hear Belle and Sebastian 🤣

Well that was a rollercoaster of a game. I don’t think anyone could of complained had we been 5-0 up at half time, it was genuinely astounding the amount of clear cut goalscoring opportunities we absolutely fluffed. The football being played was superb but the lack of cutting edge was becoming comical at one stage. Peterhead gave it a go but my goodness they would of got away with murder had they took any result from that game, but it’s our own faults for not being anywhere near ruthless enough, which places so much needless pressure on the defence to stay resolute. 

Not that there was any justification for Connell being on the bench in the first place, but what a difference he made. He’s our best player and arguably one of and if not, the division’s best player and the fact that Ellis seems to be bedding him back in the team when we clearly struggle to break defences down just doesn’t make sense to me. 

Overall, i thought we were very good over the piece and we played with a lot more purpose and aggression to get at the opposition. Smith and Thompson in particular were standouts. 3 points in the bag, top the league and still undefeated. Happy days, can’t complain at that at all

Should have guessed it was not going to be our day when all the slip roads off the M9 were closed and i ended up on a magical mystery tour of central Glasgow, arrived in good time & parked on Firhill Road no bother. Queens started the game in top gear and our defence was left in the Queens left back went the length of the park and scored. Was glad to hear the half time whistle only one down. We somehow managed to get a couple goals from somewhere only to give possession away outside our box to gift Queens a winner. Must say for the vast majority of the game we were given a lesson of passing the ball around & using space at times it looked like a 10 v 11 game. Queens look like the best of the full time team we have played this season just remains to be seen how they react to setbacks. Just out of interest, it affected both teams to a degree but it usual to see players slipping about so much, there was a while it was like dancing on ice. Oh well another week to wait to see if we can turn the corner 😃 

Firhill for Thrills used to be the cry! Certainly was today. Some delicious football from QP. Passing at pace and superb runs off the ball. Great to see so many players having a charge at goal and with a little more composure it would have been a barrowload. Please to see us also coming back strongly after being stunned by Peterhead’s brace early in the second.

There’s a long list of players who influenced the outcome but stand-outs for me were Doyle, Robson, Smith, Thomson and Connell.

Looking forward to the highlights. The VT editor’s going to have a challenge deciding what to leave out.

5 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Just out of interest, it affected both teams to a degree but it usual to see players slipping about so much, there was a while it was like dancing on ice. 

They have the sprinklers on just before kick-off. Story goes the moist grass accelerates the ball which suits our passing game. 

That was an enjoyable game and good to get back on to winning ways after the run of draws. I continue to be encouraged by the style of play, passing at pace and the number of chances being created. Only concern would be that after having looked solid in defence, we lose two goals once again.