Scottish Football's worst game - Heart of Midlothian v Livvy

20 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

All 3 goals coming from a hearts player being left in acres of space at the back post, school boy stuff

How was this a description of the first 2 goals?

First was a good goal, cut back and first time hit, not much we could do about it, just have to give the opposition credit sometimes. 2nd was Williamson being clumsy putting in a tackle, after he'd just done a similar one outside the box. 

All in all and abject performance that Hearts strolled to a win, no comeback from being behind. First few minutes of both halves we put decent crosses into the box which almost got us something, apart from that we were toothless up front. If Forrest is fit then he should've been on, like for like again with our substitutions when Williamson and Lewis went off, really needed Forrest and Anderson coming on at HT to change our tactics and push for a goal. Went out with a whimper after we conceded the first.

Good goal but majorly disappointing having no reaction to it. Pen was a joke, Williamson totally srewing us, just clumsy from him. To then make no positive attacking changes at HT basically showed we'd given up hope and accepted a defeat, hoping we wouldn't conceded any more goals.

First was a good goal, cut back and first time hit, not much we could do about it, just have to give the opposition credit sometimes. 2nd was Williamson being clumsy putting in a tackle, after he'd just done a similar one outside the box. 
All in all and abject performance that Hearts strolled to a win, no comeback from being behind. First few minutes of both halves we put decent crosses into the box which almost got us something, apart from that we were toothless up front. If Forrest is fit then he should've been on, like for like again with our substitutions when Williamson and Lewis went off, really needed Forrest and Anderson coming on at HT to change our tactics and push for a goal. Went out with a whimper after we conceded the first.
Good goal but majorly disappointing having no reaction to it. Pen was a joke, Williamson totally srewing us, just clumsy from him. To then make no positive attacking changes at HT basically showed we'd given up hope and accepted a defeat, hoping we wouldn't conceded any more goals.
The first goal comes from Penrice getting beat by McKay and finding a hearts player on acres of space at the back post who pulls is back for the goal. They played that pass all day and it worked...the players were wearing blinkers today and didn't watch runners or the press

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The first goal comes from Penrice getting beat by McKay and finding a hearts player on acres of space at the back post who pulls is back for the goal. They played that pass all day and it worked...the players were wearing blinkers today and didn't watch runners or the press

So it was the ball before the one they scored from, what about the pen, was that coming from the back post into the edge of the box too, and Williamson clattered him? You wind it far enough back you'll see a mistake that could've been avoided, but their first goal was a good move and finish.

1 hour ago, Scrutinizer said:

I'm not here to slag the team as you all think,why not be honest  with yourself  and admit this team are crap

You seem to forget,we've so many of our better players missing.And don't get me started on our fixtures. You give your opinions on games which is your right to do so.But talk about kicking a team when their down.Youve mastered that with aplomb.Givin the circumstances its easy to say we are crap.But you get real.We are in the Premier League and nothing is going to be handed to us on a plate.Il judge when we're back to full strength and our better players are back to full fitness.Youve givin your opinion,I've givin mine.Thank you.🦁.

1 hour ago, Scrutinizer said:

I'm not here to slag the team as you all think,why not be honest  with yourself  and admit this team are crap

You're forgetting the fact no one gives a f**k what you think. Consistently non-stop negative, it's boring now. 

You seem to forget,we've so many of our better players missing.And don't get me started on our fixtures. You give your opinions on games which is your right to do so.But talk about kicking a team when their down.Youve mastered that with aplomb.Givin the circumstances its easy to say we are crap.But you get real.We are in the Premier League and nothing is going to be handed to us on a plate.Il judge when we're back to full strength and our better players are back to full fitness.Youve givin your opinion,I've givin mine.Thank you.[emoji881].
What better players are missing though? We had as close to a full strength team out today

Some of the Livi posters on here need to realise this season is on a downward spiral, and if left to continue there's going to be no way back. The tactics, the attitude, the desire, the passing, the constant fouling, no midfield drive, they just don't have the type of players for quick midfield attacking, they continually struggle to get players forward...

I watched the Arbroath game last night, their midfield were quick, alert, attacking in numbers, creating numerous chances, their passing, and ability to get the ball up the park by the wingers and bursts from midfield were great to watch, these guys are part time and still looked quicker and fitter and much better quality than what Livi have. And it was Kilmarnock a premier class type team they were playing.

If Nouble returns in January he will be starved of service, and isolated in this team.

Shots on target = 1 straight at the keeper

System 4-4-2  which was actually a 8-1-1

Stryjek         6/10  Fine game,slices to many pass backs
Devlin         5/10 Trier, lacked a bit composure with passes
Obileye       3/10  In a dream world at times, slow reactions .
Fizzywater  4/10 Trier, Back to making mistakes
Penrice       1/10  Rubbish
McMillan    0/10  Rubbish
Holt              2/10 Spent the whole game trying to defend 
Williamson  0/10  Probably 1 of the worst on the park
Lewis           1/10  Invisible and rubbish
Shinnie       5/10  Tried to get into game, no support from anywhere.
Bailey          1/10  Happy doing nothing, no desire, no effort,

Anderson   1/10  The 1 is for the shot, done nothing, will always struggle with no midfield or wingers.

Longridge  1/10  As bad as Lewis

Omeonga   3/10  Done nothing, he's quite good at kicking  players though 

Martindale 0/10  how much longer ?

32 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

So it was the ball before the one they scored from, what about the pen, was that coming from the back post into the edge of the box too, and Williamson clattered him? You wind it far enough back you'll see a mistake that could've been avoided, but their first goal was a good move and finish.

Yeah first goal Lewis got beat at left back and the ball whipped to the back post to someone in acres of space who simply cut it back. To say there’s nothing that can be done about a player being left free at the back post is a strange take, less ball watching and more awareness of where that man is completely prevents that player having so much space and time in our box with the ball. Almost a carbon copy for the second goal, except instead of scoring when they cut it back, Williamson just fouled him instead. It’s not exactly going far back when it’s literally the pass that leads to the player winning the penalty? 

Edited by Menga Bus

Weve no positives to take from that today whatsoever. We were poor,no argument there.Hearts thourally deserved their win.Its tough at the moment,but we've got to stick by the team.I still believe we can dig ourselves out of this otherwise whats the point of turning up. The excuses will no doubt continue,understandably to an extent.Weve got to start to punch above our status if we want to stay in this league. I'm not ready just yet to leave the top table as I'm sure many Lions are.👊.

Great result today.

Earlier in the season I was moaning about our lack of midfield options - Haring is decent, and Halliday is ok - if we could just sign a couple that would be good enough to keep them out of the team, that would improve us.

Early days, but Beni and Devlin look good. 

3 hours ago, Scrutinizer said:

right

Tell me why?,what do you see what does he do that I'm missing

You can go f**k off if you only come on when we lose, and go into hiding when we beat Celtic. 

All very well giving critique and being harsh all the time, but you never temper it with budget v budget and size of club we're playing, we aren't going to finish top 6 this season but we've punched well above our weight the last 2 seasons, and you were still slagging us off last season when we finished 6th. If we finish 10th this season we'll still be over achieving, finish 11th and stay up and we'd still be doing well, where the f**k do you actually get your expectations from that decides we should be beating The Rangers and Hearts?

The performance today wasn't great at all, but ffs get a bit of realism with what you post, you just come across as an annoying c**t, that can't wait to troll us. 

Well said L/F.He seems to think we're all happy clappers.We know different. He's an attention seeker who takes great delight in slagging us of at the first opportunity he gets.We know we were well beaten today,but as you say finances,budget etc ,most expected us to lose today.He will continue to serve up this dross until we are down.Honestly,if there's a god up there.For this reason alone,shut him up.

2 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Yeah first goal Lewis got beat at left back and the ball whipped to the back post to someone in acres of space who simply cut it back. To say there’s nothing that can be done about a player being left free at the back post is a strange take, less ball watching and more awareness of where that man is completely prevents that player having so much space and time in our box with the ball. Almost a carbon copy for the second goal, except instead of scoring when they cut it back, Williamson just fouled him instead. It’s not exactly going far back when it’s literally the pass that leads to the player winning the penalty? 

Was still good movement and a cracking goal. Not much we could do about it after the shot, but yeah you can track back any goal and point out where it could've been stopped.

Worse bit of defending was Obileye passing it along the box but Stryjek saved his blushes with a double block/save to stop them scoring. Getting a habit doing that sort of thing in our box, Fitzwater got away with one against Sevco on Wed, before Stryjek's pass to Morelos cost us their 2nd goal.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Slightly dissapointed it wasn't more as we were miles ahead of Livingston today, much further than 3-0 suggests.

I do wonder how they beat Celtic last week. Maybe that dreadful surface they play on should be looked at closer because it is difficult to imagine that shower winning any game of football.. 

I loved Devlin and thought McKay was excellent, still too early to make any confident predictions, but we look coser to where we should be.