Montrose v Falkirk 25/9

Would have taken a point beforehand, but filthy to lose another slack, late lead. Fairly even on balance - I thought both teams looked short of composure and confidence first half, but Falkirk missed at least 2/3 very good chances after we tossed away another pen. They stuck in towards the end just like Clyde did, but they are still way short of the sum of their parts. Keatings is a 'too early to tell' at the moment. Our shape was better than the last two home games,, but when you shore up the middle of the park and grab 2-0 lead on the counter, you should see it out. 

League is insanely tight just now. Without Webster, we'd be in the soup. Another tough game next week.....

Mad game, the equaliser papers over the cracks without any doubt.
Our defending for both goals was abysmal, fair play to Montrose for taking advantage.
We simply have to be more direct in games, not suggesting route one but Keena and Ruth up front with one dropping deep has a better balance than our 4231, get crosses in earlier and make teams defend instead of 4000 passes between our defence and Hetherington.

Second time this season we’ve chucked away a 2 goal lead with 10 mins left. Home form is a becoming a bit of a concern. Overall I thought a draw was probably fair as we could’ve/should’ve been 3 down before we scored.  Strange decision by SP to start 4-2-4 … presumably to accommodate Keatings … who was anonymous. It didn’t work for us and created a harem scarum first half.  Once Keatings and Lyons went off we reverted to a more normal set up and looked much better. Frustrating end to the game and with the league so tight the dropped points might bite us in the arse later in the season.

3 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

I was at the game and couldn’t even tell you! Hopefully highlights will be up soon 

There was nothing that I could see from the FTV highlights so, presumably, it was for a foul before our cameras caught up with the action?

On 25/09/2021 at 17:45, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Montrose must be gutted to drop points to our shit 

yes, yes we are..... 

Like scorge said, woulda took a point beforehand, but getting a bit sick of throwing 2 - 0 leads into the sea. 

Give Webby the keys to the town now...! 

Couldn’t see much for the penalty from our highlights, but the camerawork and overall package is typically p1sh so who knows 
Foul on steeves in box
I had 2 gopros behind goal both blocked by players and camera in stand following ball which only just caught steeves going down. Ref was very well positioned to give it

56 minutes ago, MontroseMedia said:

Foul on steeves in box
I had 2 gopros behind goal both blocked by players and camera in stand following ball which only just caught steeves going down. Ref was very well positioned to give it

So you don't know why it was awarded either.

Thanks for confirmation.