Montrose v Falkirk 25/9

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

IMEVVHO I think we should go 3-5-2 as follows: Martin; McKay, Dixon, Lemon; Williamson, Nesbit, Krasniqi, Telfer, McCann; Keena, Ompreon.

I think Sheerin will go 4-5-1: Mutch; Williamson, McKay, Dixon, McCann; McDaid, Nesbit, Hetherington, Telfer, McGuffie; Ruth.

With Telfer further back than Mutch too!

Only thing with 3-5-2 is our bench is murder. I have advocated 3-5-2 for this league for us since we came down,teams play one up top against us and we have 4 defenders and two sitting mids 😂

Wits funnier is folk think this is the way forward for a club who has one of the biggest budgets if not the biggest.

Attack should be the emphasis of our team. The Newcastle team of 95 with Ferdinand leading the attack, Beardsley in behind and Gillespie and Ginola firing balls in and contributing goals is very much doable as a formation for us, instead we have safety first and still spilling goals.

I'll watch on Saturday but if our team is similar to recent weeks, I will be tempted to put money on Montrose, that's how bad it's got.

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

Only thing with 3-5-2 is our bench is murder. I have advocated 3-5-2 for this league for us since we came down,teams play one up top against us and we have 4 defenders and two sitting mids 😂

Wits funnier is folk think this is the way forward for a club who has one of the biggest budgets if not the biggest.

Attack should be the emphasis of our team. The Newcastle team of 95 with Ferdinand leading the attack, Beardsley in behind and Gillespie and Ginola firing balls in and contributing goals is very much doable as a formation for us, instead we have safety first and still spilling goals.

I'll watch on Saturday but if our team is similar to recent weeks, I will be tempted to put money on Montrose, that's how bad it's got.

Fiver on Keatings to score might not be a bad bet. Considering he has scored a few against us in the past. He won't even have to be remotely fit. 

Had been planning to go prior to Alloa game; great away day and potential for a decent game... However the utter shambles that day and last week's woeful showing have made it an easy decision to avoid...  Easy Montrose win by 2, same team, same culprits, same shit show from us. 

We currently have maybe half a team of decent players, and only 3 are playing; 1 out injured, 2 that don't get picked, and mystifyingly 1 sent out on loan. The rest are just not up to it. 

Wake up fast Sheerin, we are utter dross these days.  Honeymoon over. 

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

Whilst I understand you are not trying to compare your players to Ferdinand, Ginola etc it is worth remembering that the reason this Newcastle team were so successful in playing this way is because they had Ferdinand, Ginola etc. If Keegan had only had 2 of those 4 players it wouldn’t have worked as well.  Even though you are playing at a lower level so having some perceived “better players” probably means less than it does at the top, especially with the way Falkirk fans talk about their players this year.

Look at my own team, we (like Falkirk) probably have the biggest budget and whilst we’ve had a good start to the season it’s not like we’ve been blowing teams away or really playing great attacking football all the time. Even with a few good attacking options.

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Fiver on Keatings to score might not be a bad bet. Considering he has scored a few against us in the past. He won't even have to be remotely fit. 

I have to admit I wanted Dixon CH but he was been poor recently and tbh I think it's not helped with us having a nothing player in Hetherington

5 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Had been planning to go prior to Alloa game; great away day and potential for a decent game... However the utter shambles that day and last week's woeful showing have made it an easy decision to avoid...  Easy Montrose win by 2, same team, same culprits, same shit show from us. 

We currently have maybe half a team of decent players, and only 3 are playing; 1 out injured, 2 that don't get picked, and mystifyingly 1 sent out on loan. The rest are just not up to it. 

Wake up fast Sheerin, we are utter dross these days.  Honeymoon over. 

Alloa great day out ?

New one on me and I had a time of my life in Clackmannan.....or as I called clackers

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Whilst I understand you are not trying to compare your players to Ferdinand, Ginola etc it is worth remembering that the reason this Newcastle team were so successful in playing this way is because they had Ferdinand, Ginola etc. If Keegan had only had 2 of those 4 players it wouldn’t have worked as well.  Even though you are playing at a lower level so having some perceived “better players” probably means less than it does at the top, especially with the way Falkirk fans talk about their players this year.

Look at my own team, we (like Falkirk) probably have the biggest budget and whilst we’ve had a good start to the season it’s not like we’ve been blowing teams away or really playing great attacking football all the time. Even with a few good attacking options.

Whilst I acknowledge you are not comparing Ferdinand etc.....

Hmmmm..... I get if you don't have the forefront of Ferdinand it can go tits up but we are talking about league 3 and for me and every club in any league it's how you set up which is normally defined by budget. We have either the 1st or 2nd biggest budget and we are playing with two sitting mids and a back four passing the ball nicely in our own half yet in a forward manner it's 4 Vs 9, we manage to get wide it's 4 or 5 v 1 not in our favour for the crossed ball and we wonder how goals have been hard to come.

The Newcastle formation is really the least we should expect in our position. The level of player as you say doesn't matter a jot it's a tactic to attack but as you also say without 2 of those players it fails, it doesn't in our case as we are defensive first and are shit at defending, Newcastle were also but by fuk did they create, we don't do that

Edited by MrDust

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

Alloa great day out ?

New one on me and I had a time of my life in Clackmannan.....or as I called clackers

Not what I said... this is Montrose v Falkirk, yes? I said  I'd been planning to go TO MONTROSE prior to the Alloa game, as Montrose is a decent away trip....

However, ironically enough I got involved in an unexpected post-lockdown catch up with a couple of good mates and we ended up staying on in Alloa for a few. Or several, actually... Turned into a right good night out!! So you just never know, Mr D!!  (LOL.) 

21 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Honestly, he’s had a few shots in the couple of matches he got playing time, and only one was actually on target. Not sure he’ll be in form to score right away.

Guest Back Post Misses

I actually think Falkirk will get some sort of result provided Sheerin is brave enough to change the formation and more importantly personal 

I would go

4-4-2 with a diamond in the middle.

martin

Williamson MCKay Dixon Mccann

EK

McDaid Mguffie/Ross

Nesbitt

Keena Ruth 

Bomb the full backs on and keep the midfield 3 narrow with Nesbitt off the two strikers 

14 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I actually think Falkirk will get some sort of result provided Sheerin is brave enough to change the formation and more importantly personal 

I would go

martin

EK

McDaid Mguffie/Ross

Nesbitt

Keena Ruth 

Bomb the full backs on and keep the midfield 3 narrow with Nesbitt off the two strikers 

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be deviating from the formation anytime soon.

Guest Back Post Misses
8 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be deviating from the formation anytime soon.

He best be prepared for the backlash if we lose then 

On 23/09/2021 at 22:05, Back Post Misses said:

I would go

martin

EK

McDaid Mguffie/Ross

Nesbitt

Keena Ruth 

IIf Sheerin gets punted get BPM I the dugout 😜 this would work for me given the players we have. Makes total sense but doubt we’ll see it. Sheerin seems to running out of ideas already, which is disappointing given he’s only just started and is genuinely being outwitted by the other managers. 

Guest Back Post Misses
16 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

IIf Sheerin gets punted get BPM I the dugout 😜 this would work for me given the players we have. Makes total sense but doubt we’ll see it. Sheerin seems to running out of ideas already, which is disappointing given he’s only just started and is genuinely being outwitted by the other managers. 

Actually missed telfer out in error instead of Ross

Edited by Back Post Misses

On 23/09/2021 at 20:05, Back Post Misses said:

I would go

martin

EK

McDaid Mguffie/Ross

Nesbitt

Keena Ruth 

I’d have Telfer starting mate. 

On 23/09/2021 at 20:05, Back Post Misses said:

I would go

martin

EK

McDaid Mguffie/Ross

Nesbitt

Keena Ruth 

Personally I don’t think a 442 with a midfield diamond would work. You’ll either lose the battle in the middle or be overrun on the wings. I would be willing to try it though as something needs to change. 

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

Checked the team, Sheerin is going down in my estimation by the day, seems very stubborn. Artin deserves a shot, krasniqi has shown the class he can bring and keena is out best striker. I won't be bothering again with this game until I check at full time. 

He's got one eye on Hampden Park by the sound of it.