Cinch Premiership - Dundee v Rangers in the Cinch Premiership sponsored by Cinch

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

I felt McMullan could have squared to Cummings for a tap in.
Is Aribo a frustrating player to watch normally? Looked world class at times then seemed to drop right out of the game.

One of those who looks far too good for the Scottish Premier League one week then you see why he is here the next two or three.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Is Aribo a frustrating player to watch normally? Looked world class at times then seemed to drop right out of the game.

That's oor Joe.  Has a velcro touch and, at time, the decision making of Gerald Ratner.

Top goal, though.

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

In his first season he was clearly talented but didn't make enough of an impression especially in big games. Last season he was excellent though.

I don't think he gets enough freedom in our system. Our wider CMs are expected to do a lot of defensive work.

2 hours ago, Super_A said:

It was a penalty but McLaughlin's leg was flat on the ground he could easily have went over it and scored if he wanted. Although his touch round the keeper was shite so he definitely knew what he was doing and given he was crying at the ref for a bit after it was given he thought McLaughlin would get sent off.

McLaughlin’s leg is flat on the ground to hinder McMullen’s progress, whether he runs into it or has to cost himself a vital split second by jumping over it. No attempt whatsoever to play the ball, so penalty and red card and the game changes.

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

McLaughlin’s leg is flat on the ground to hinder McMullen’s progress, whether he runs into it or has to cost himself a vital split second by jumping over it. No attempt whatsoever to play the ball, so penalty and red card and the game changes.

You sure? McLaughlin done what any keeper does in 1v1 situations and spread his legs to cover as much area as possible trying to block the ball.

5 hours ago, EpicMike said:

Just watched the highlights. For me, that's another goal lost from Fontaine giving a player too much space on the edge of the box. He needs to start closing player's down quicker.

Fontaine should have stayed in the back line and the midfielder goes in to challenge Morelos.

And it was never a red card. McPake should be embarassed, but I guess anything to deflect from letting Cummings hit a penalty.

8 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Fontaine should have stayed in the back line and the midfielder goes in to challenge Morelos.

And it was never a red card. McPake should be embarassed, but I guess anything to deflect from letting Cummings hit a penalty.

What should he be embarrassed about? He went to speak to the ref to air his disagreement and Madden's only response was apparently, 'You missed the penalty anyway'.

Brilliant response from Madden, love banter like that but no wonder McPake went 'tonto'. It didn't look like he did though as he was walking away and speaking to a player as Madden decided it was time for the red card.