Rory Loy Appreciation Thread/Decent Journalism Thread

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Marvin Bartley's great. James McFadden's grown on me too and I've liked when Sky have had the pair of them with Eilidh Barbour. Get McCoist on co-comms permanently and bin Crocker and Sky would have a good team.

Rory Hamilton for Crocker and they'd be on to a winner I reckon.

This one could be due to the Dee link but I don't hate Neil McCann whenever he's on Sportscene or whatever.
I like Neil McCann but struggle to take him seriously after he spent his time at Dundee being permanently raging and trying to square go Tommy Wright.

18 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
This one could be due to the Dee link but I don't hate Neil McCann whenever he's on Sportscene or whatever.

I like Neil McCann but struggle to take him seriously after he spent his time at Dundee being permanently raging and trying to square go Tommy Wright.

Wasn't it the other way around?

12 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Started off thinking he was good. Knows what he's talking about and can speak coherently which puts him ahead of most ex-players in the football media but by the middle of the second half I was wishing he'd reign it in a bit as he was in 'why use one word when ten will do' territory every time he spoke. Hopefully a bit more experience will get that sorted as he's off to a promising start.

At least you were succinct. Maybe he'd use the correct rein.

I enjoy Michael Stewart when his time is limited and he's forced to keep his points succint, i.e. on Sportscene, but when he's on co-commentary he's as boring and annoying as it gets, constantly droning on about something utterly pointless. Keep him on a set topic and he's decent imo.

I too think Neil McCann is a decent pundit, and McFadden imo isn't that bad, no less interesting to listen to than Stephen Thomson at least (not that that's a particularly high barrier to clear tbh).

I enjoy Michael Stewart when his time is limited and he's forced to keep his points succint, i.e. on Sportscene, but when he's on co-commentary he's as boring and annoying as it gets, constantly droning on about something utterly pointless. Keep him on a set topic and he's decent imo.
I too think Neil McCann is a decent pundit, and McFadden imo isn't that bad, no less interesting to listen to than Stephen Thomson at least (not that that's a particularly high barrier to clear tbh).

I’d agree with you on Stewart to be honest.
It’s not helped that he’s a massive Twitter Da’ though who can’t help but get involved in shite.

McCann I can take or leave.