East Fife vs Clyde

Two very poor teams we had our chances and never took them and Clyde scored with probably their first shot on goal. No cutting edge at all and you can’t see where a goals coming from. Thought Aaron Steel had a good game and definitely improved our back line. How long can you wait on things turning round plenty of effort but ultimately no goals and no points. Good away support and a good hit for the first goal. Not much between the teams but Clydecshowed the killer instinct when the chance came along, and we fluffed our lines when our chances came along.

We are improving, we’ve gone from a 5-0 to a 3-0 and no 2-0. I’ve got to the point that I don’t really care anymore and after 8 games that’s not good.

This squad is absolute garbage and the majority of us saw this coming before the season had even started. Young now has to go and whoever comes in has a hell of a job keeping this rotten squad up.

Wasnt much between the teams at half time. EF carved out a few half chances but looked toothless in the final 3rd. Thought the second half was a better game but it turned once Tade and Gamis came on. Tade makes a huge difference once that streak of pish Jones is off. Great finish by Cunningham for the 1st who i was saying just before the goal had been anonymous till then. Right place right time like a striker should be fir the second.
Splain frustrated me once again. The man cant pass the length of himself. We should have someone next to him to take the ball any time he wins it.
Good travelling support today and 3 points. Happy all round.

EF looked worryingly poor, do some nice running but that's it. Lack any real conviction.
For ourselves we need to build on today and keep it going. [emoji1267][emoji1267]

Two teams playing a 352 against each other never results in the best of games to be honest. It worked out well that we had to make a change at the interval as EF ended the first half on top. Not a classic game at all but I always felt we might nick something.

The one real moment of quality won the match and that's something that Cunningham should produce more often. As a team we rarely seem to score from outside the box. He's had a decent start to the season, though ironically had one of his quieter games today.

Balatoni was our outstanding player, with Cuddihy and Elsdon just behind. Livingstone had a good game as a substitute. Splaine didn't find a team-mate all game, one of the most infuriating players we have had given his obvious ability. Gomis and Tade made a huge difference. If Jones could bother himself to get in front of a centre half for a cross then it would be much appreciated. All in, we've done staggeringly well to be sat on 11 points after 8 games. Hopefully we'll get a couple of loanees with a bit of experience before the deadline (the difference a centre half with pace, and a better attacker would make is huge).

EF wore black shorts, which is great, but apart from that... No attacking threat at all. What was the deal with putting every corner kick onto Cuddihy's head at the near post? They'll come back again a bit once they've a few players back but I fear (hope) that they'll be cast adrift by then. It doesn't look like a league where anyone is going to go on a run over a number of games.

Two teams playing a 352 against each other never results in the best of games to be honest. It worked out well that we had to make a change at the interval as EF ended the first half on top. Not a classic game at all but I always felt we might nick something.
The one real moment of quality won the match and that's something that Cunningham should produce more often. As a team we rarely seem to score from outside the box. He's had a decent start to the season, though ironically had one of his quieter games today.
Balatoni was our outstanding player, with Cuddihy and Elsdon just behind. Livingstone had a good game as a substitute. Splaine didn't find a team-mate all game, one of the most infuriating players we have had given his obvious ability. Gomis and Tade made a huge difference. If Jones could bother himself to get in front of a centre half for a cross then it would be much appreciated. All in, we've done staggeringly well to be sat on 11 points after 8 games. Hopefully we'll get a couple of loanees with a bit of experience before the deadline (the difference a centre half with pace, and a better attacker would make is huge).
EF wore black shorts, which is great, but apart from that... No attacking threat at all. What was the deal with putting every corner kick onto Cuddihy's head at the near post? They'll come back again a bit once they've a few players back but I fear (hope) that they'll be cast adrift by then. It doesn't look like a league where anyone is going to go on a run over a number of games.

I wouldn’t worry about it, 10th is wrapped up already so it’s a battle for avoiding 9th.

8 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

The way things are going, we're looking like one of the worst sides to 'grace' League One in recent memory. Might be re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic, but Darren Young needs to go now. There can't be anyone who thinks we're doing anything other than limping towards 10th without a change.

If there's one thing I've learned from our fall from the Championship and our subsequent stinking out of League 1 is that rearranging the deck chairs is no bad thing, especially if you've got a board with only the best interests of the club in mind. Young has had good backing in his time and to me it looked like the board had given all they could this summer. As long as there has been the foresight to keep money aside for sacking Young and hiring a manager to replace him then East Fife still have a way out. Sticking with Young is certain relegation, at least sacking him would bring Wallace back into the fold, who's too good to be sitting on his arse doing nothing in this league.

Edited by The Moonster

6 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

We are improving, we’ve gone from a 5-0 to a 3-0 and no 2-0. I’ve got to the point that I don’t really care anymore and after 8 games that’s not good.

This squad is absolute garbage and the majority of us saw this coming before the season had even started. Young now has to go and whoever comes in has a hell of a job keeping this rotten squad up.

Don't worry you'll get a result against our gang next week, everyone does, even our manager doesn't know who is injured or not.