East Fife vs Clyde

Massive game for EF this one. Reading their thread, they are not in a good way at the moment. Cue the perfect visitors….. Clyde! Looks as if they have some injuries and recruitment hasn’t been great. Nothing against EF but hopefully they don’t put things right on Saturday.

As for my own team I thought we played well against Qp. With the exception of Dumbarton and Falkirk we have been competitive. Big game for us I don’t envisage us getting anything from Airdrie so hopefully we can nick a win here.

East Fife 1-2 Clyde

It’s win or bust for Young if he hasn’t gone by the time Saturday rolls around. Even if we somehow pull out a result I think it’s just delaying the inevitable anyway.

We are a mess on the park and although I would think Clyde will be in a relegation battle alongside ourselves and Peterhead they have a difference maker in Goodwillie who will get a lot of chances on Saturday.

A lot of hand wringing going on on our Facebook page with people staying away, I expect a pretty low crowd and Bayview can be fairly toxic when things aren’t going our way.

Still very early in the season of course but us playing EF and Peterhead away to QP is a good opportunity for results to go our way and pull a little bit clear of the sides we'll likely be battling it out with to avoid relegation. Shame about our pitiful away record. 

Edited by C. Muir

Greetings to East Fife.  4 points from me, which I know is pretty much your league total to date.

1 Clyde are well known for our generosity and we regularly bestow gifts both when visiting or being visited.  Whenever a team needs a result, we have usually obliged.

2 WTF has happened recently? You have been that bit better than us, at least   dating back to beating us in a play off some years ago?

3 Darren Young was seen as one of these up and coming coaches.  He did pretty well and was held in high regard at Albion Rovers. Has he lost the dressing room?

4 Any chance of a late postponement if one of the squad sneezes during the warm-up?  I believe some of your players either have jobs or wives.

On points 2 and 3, the summer recruitment wasn't good enough, and with Wallace & McGuigan chucking it and our defence continuing to chuck goals in from headers/set pieces we're looking in pretty poor shape. DY was good for us particularly in the early seasons as his recruitment was good and done early, though ultimately I felt on the park we still underperformed considering the squads we had. Sadly the recruitment failings this time around has us looking like real favourites for relegation. If we don't win at the weekend I am not sure how he can remain in his position. 

We are always better going in as the underdogs.

Whenever we pay a team away from home who have been hopeless for weeks, on the spin of 5 defeats on the row etc you can bank that they will win against the Bully Wee.  Case in point.......Peterhead a few weeks ago.

EF have been far superior to us the last couple of seasons and things must have fallen off a cliff based on their league position as I thought they would be easily in the top half of the league.

Would be happy with a point and another DGW double.

I absolutely agree, I’m not confident of a win no matter who playing in this league. Even if like, Saturday we play well. Our defence still leak and lose soft goals. Hugely improved in last 4 weeks or so but still really struggle to keep a clean sheet. Which is the biggest frustration as we are decent out-with that.

3 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

We are always better going in as the underdogs.

Whenever we pay a team away from home who have been hopeless for weeks, on the spin of 5 defeats on the row etc you can bank that they will win against the Bully Wee.  Case in point.......Peterhead a few weeks ago.

EF have been far superior to us the last couple of seasons and things must have fallen off a cliff based on their league position as I thought they would be easily in the top half of the league.

Would be happy with a point and another DGW double.

As an East Fife supporter of many years I can honestly say that we are in the worst position at the start of a league campaign than we have ever been. I am sure that in some EF fans any team playing us at home or away will be favourites especially if you get a corner or free kick than can be lobbed into the box. Maybe when we get Connell, Swanson, Davidson etc back from injury we might pick up a few points but who knows when that will be. We are a mess.

13 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

As an East Fife supporter of many years I can honestly say that we are in the worst position at the start of a league campaign than we have ever been. I am sure that in some EF fans any team playing us at home or away will be favourites especially if you get a corner or free kick than can be lobbed into the box. Maybe when we get Connell, Swanson, Davidson etc back from injury we might pick up a few points but who knows when that will be. We are a mess.

think you have probably nailed the current situation we find ourselfs in.

with the recruitment being so late and thinking we got mcguigan as an east fife player we didn’t expect him to go aswell as Wallace bringing our strikers down to smith and brown right now and we could all blame clubs haven’t had a easy ride with covid19 but that’s no excuse. Looking at the squad this year compared to the one that just finished I have never been over the moon from goalies to strikers for the rest of us let’s hope what division we will be as we will always look at next season say it’s tough with kelty coming up as stick on favourites aswell...

but I’m hoping with Murdoch back from injury the rest can follow suit and return given the squad much needed boost for season lie ahead still a long season by going by current suitation here’s me thinking we’ve turned it around three/four weeks ago.

think you have probably nailed the current situation we find ourselfs in.
with the recruitment being so late and thinking we got mcguigan as an east fife player we didn’t expect him to go aswell as Wallace bringing our strikers down to smith and brown right now and we could all blame clubs haven’t had a easy ride with covid19 but that’s no excuse. Looking at the squad this year compared to the one that just finished I have never been over the moon from goalies to strikers for the rest of us let’s hope what division we will be as we will always look at next season say it’s tough with kelty coming up as stick on favourites aswell...
but I’m hoping with Murdoch back from injury the rest can follow suit and return given the squad much needed boost for season lie ahead still a long season by going by current suitation here’s me thinking we’ve turned it around three/four weeks ago.

Monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn the fiiiiiiiiiffffffffeeeeeeeee