Gabby Petito Case

MuckleMoo

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

As long as it was simply a “missing person” case, involving an adult, with nothing to indicate a crime (yea, I know, but in a legal sense), they were pretty much unable to arrest him.

Surely you don't need a dead body to indicate a crime may have taken place? 

Mad that a 7 year old boy goes missing in this country and the parents cars get the full forensics before any body is found, yet an American c**t can quite clearly murder his girlfriend, tell the police f**k all and do the bolt the next day. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Surely you don't need a dead body to indicate a crime may have taken place? 

Mad that a 7 year old boy goes missing in this country and the parents cars get the full forensics before any body is found, yet an American c**t can quite clearly murder his girlfriend, tell the police f**k all and do the bolt the next day. 

No, but a “missing” adult is a lot different. Note they searched the van and potentially gathered some evidence, but that occurred after Brian was last seen. The circumstances clearly suggested a crime, but there wasn’t anything to nab him for.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

No, but a “missing” adult is a lot different. Note they searched the van and potentially gathered some evidence, but that occurred after Brian was last seen. The circumstances clearly suggested a crime, but there wasn’t anything to nab him for.

Aside from him being the last person who has seen her. I just find it mad they didn't put him under surveillance at least. 

42 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

he is a murdering b*****d, , but i'd cut him some slack as she was also murican, i only spent a few months in the country, but i could see why their husbands murder them, i'd rather have a weegie wife tell me not to bother coming up the road for my dinner as it was in the bin and i was a p***k, than have to listen to the whiny nasal sound that comes out a murican woman's mouth.

You really are a fucking p***k. An absolute roaster.

36 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aside from him being the last person who has seen her. I just find it mad they didn't put him under surveillance at least. 

That’s a manpower issue. Perhaps they we’re watching the parents home but he had already left? The last person to see an adult is a person of interest, not a suspect.

Here’s the ugly reality, the courts system is overwhelmed, and they won’t do anything until they have a case. I had a small claims action for about £400 that took 18 months, people being served with notices, two preliminary hearings and multiple motions before the Justice. He finally got so clearly pissed off at the insurance company’s lawyer that they called me and settled for the whole amount…after their pet law firm had generated about 20-30 billable hours and taken up hours of my time. And this was Civil, not even criminal.

The Criminal Courts around here get 100 cases a week and can try 4 a week…it’s game of offers and settlements.

No body murders are apparently amongst the hardest cases to prove in Scotland with a whole load of negatives required before a case can be classified as a murder and not just a missing person, i can only imagine that there will be a similar process in the US. 

The problem with arresting people because it's obvious or they look guilty is where do you draw the line? 

There was the case in Bristol a few years back when the neighbour was identified early in the case as a wrongun and appeared all over the media as such, turned out he had nothing to do with it. 

7 minutes ago, ddfg said:

No body murders are apparently amongst the hardest cases to prove in Scotland with a whole load of negatives required before a case can be classified as a murder and not just a missing person, i can only imagine that there will be a similar process in the US. 

Really? Every no body case seems to end up in a conviction. Nat Fraser. The  Moira Jones case. The girl with learning disabilities. 

6 minutes ago, ddfg said:

There was the case in Bristol a few years back when the neighbour was identified early in the case as a wrongun and appeared all over the media as such, turned out he had nothing to do with it. 

That was horrible, felt for the poor guy, it's like if you're a bit eccentric you're fair game. There was also an English guy living locally in Portugal near where Maddie disappeared who tried to get pally with the hacks, probably trying to get some dosh for local knowledge, and the Mail or Express published an exclusive by a female journalist saying he was a bit creepy and why haven't the police arrested him.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Really? Every no body case seems to end up in a conviction. Nat Fraser. The  Moira Jones case. The girl with learning disabilities. 

I was meaning more the steps that need to be taken to "prove" a person is dead rather the outcome of a case in court