St Mirren v Aberdeen

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Shitebag 

Ach, nah... I'm very much in a place, just now, where my tolerance for St Mirren games is at an all time low. For many years, I'd be one of those that would stay until after the game and applaud the team even if they were hounded.

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

That was a good header, but wtf was the defender doing !

Good play by Brown given he got away with it. Again sums our our luck, first goal was a questionable foul in their favour, they get the rub of the green again with Brown obstructing.

Aberdeen are in full flow now though. 

HT 1-2
Started well and got in front. Then lose two goals to set piece crosses. Didn’t think the first one was a foul but still should defend it better.
Second one certainly was a foul and I’m unsure how the centre forward gets a free header eight yards out.
Need big improvement second half if going to get back into it.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Good play by Brown given he got away with it. Again sums our our luck, first goal was a questionable foul in their favour, they get the rub of the green again with Brown obstructing.

Watches team fail to defend 2 simple set plays.

Blames referee.

St Mirren fans.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Watches team fail to defend 2 simple set plays.

Blames referee.

St Mirren fans.

Just my opinion. We didn't defend either set piece good enough and we haven't played well enough but its the way it has been going for us. We defended well enough against United and you guys, scored a goal each in both games that should have stood but that is the way it goes sometimes. 

We haven't been good enough but when you add they sort of things on top of that it can be frustrating and the league table looks very different as a consequence. This league is all about fine margins.

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Just my opinion. We didn't defend either set piece good enough and we haven't played well enough but its the way it has been going for us. We defended well enough against United and you guys, scored a goal each in both games that should have stood but that is the way it goes sometimes. 

We haven't been good enough but when you add they sort of things on top of that it can be frustrating and the league table looks very different as a consequence. This league is all about fine margins.

Understand everyones blinded by club bias, but you're speaking as if its only bad luck you've had.

Against us we were 2 v 1 with your keeper in the box when the ref dragged it back to give us a free kick on the halfway line. 

You make your own luck, and St Mirren failing to defend simple set plays is whats defining your result just now.

Deservedly ahead in my opinion. Hayes probably should have scored and we conceded a poor goal. 

Jenks has been brilliant. I think Hayes is finished but having a packet player out wide has made a big difference.

Starting to wonder if it's our rookie manager that's the issue or missing Hedges for several weeks?

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

A 3rd goal is still necessary though. We're only one daft mistake or header from a free kick away from throwing 3 points. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't pull one back late on. It's the one thing that Goodwin should get credit for, while we may be easily beaten at times, we do tend to play until the final whistle.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Great reaction to going behind but the defence's lack of concentration is still a worry.

Can look completely comfortable for long periods then unforced fuckups lead to glaring opportunities conceded.

We have to be aware that St Mirren are going to change it up a bit and throw more midfielders forward.  Not for the first time this season, Ramsey has looked a bit isolated on the right of defence. 

We need to keep an eye on things.