St Mirren v Aberdeen

Thought we were awful until the red card but very good after that. We completely changed our style of play and ditched the long balls, hopefully the win will give Jim more confidence to allow the team to play like that from the start.

Ronan, Shaughnessy, Brophy and all the subs played well. We look a much more threatening team with Main on. Tanser wasn’t at his best but still put a few great balls in. I felt Erhahon had been our best midfielder before he was subbed but the change of shape really helped. Power and Millar still looked well off the pace, Flynn and Tait should be starting instead.

I haven’t watched them back but I think there was a foul at the second Aberdeen goal and third Saints goal, and Hayes should definitely have been sent off.

Joe Lewis is indeed pish these days but I don’t think he was at fault for any of the goals. Lovely to see Brown get absolutely diddled by McGrath for the second goal.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Not only that, but backed up by an ECG before the sub is allowed on the pitch.

So the concussion substitution rule only applies if someone develops an unusual heart rhythm mid-game in addition to possible concussion? Who knew?

3 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Aberdeen have been moulded into the collective shape of Scott Brown, and are now, therefore, past it. 

Precisely what I was thinking. They were throwing their weight around as if they were all a) Scott Brown and b) he still played for Celtic.

Thought we were awful until the red card but very good after that. We completely changed our style of play and ditched the long balls, hopefully the win will give Jim more confidence to allow the team to play like that from the start.
Ronan, Shaughnessy, Brophy and all the subs played well. We look a much more threatening team with Main on. Tanser wasn’t at his best but still put a few great balls in. I felt Erhahon had been our best midfielder before he was subbed but the change of shape really helped. Power and Millar still looked well off the pace, Flynn and Tait should be starting instead.
I haven’t watched them back but I think there was a foul at the second Aberdeen goal and third Saints goal, and Hayes should definitely have been sent off.
Joe Lewis is indeed pish these days but I don’t think he was at fault for any of the goals. Lovely to see Brown get absolutely diddled by McGrath for the second goal.
I thought Power was excellent today especially after Erharon went off.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
19 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

I thought Power was excellent today especially after Erharon went off.

I thought he was really passive and left Erhahon and McGrath to do most of the defensive work, and his passing was hopeless again.

The Willie Collum Show. The man isn’t biased or bent, he’s just an incompetent bellend. Gave us a free kick in an incident where Shaughnessy simply jumped too early with his man. Stopped play with Aberdeen in a tremendous position, should have played advantage. Blew the whistle to end the first half with 44mins 44 secs on the clock. Gave Broony grief, ordering him (in his usual officious style) to take a free kick five or so yards back… then watched as the free kick was taken from the exact same spot anyway. Gave Aberdeen a free kick in an incident he clearly never even saw. It happened behind him, and was merely an accidental coming together. He hears the crowd noise, turns around, sees a player on the deck, so gives a foul. He never booked Power for a clear dive, when Power clearly thought Brown was going to steam in, but he held back, so Power flew through the air ‘anticipating the contact’.
Never mind the yellows and the red, or any number of other errors, incidents, acts of buffoonery…the man is a shite referee, simple as that. When he’s the referee it always, always, turns into the Willie Collum show. Every time I see him listed as being the referee, I groan, knowing what lies ahead.
We deserved the win though. Despite Collum’s best efforts, an entertaining game broke out. Love Joe Lewis to bits, he’s shit.

Imagine being this raging when your team won. Watched the whole game on TV and don't remember the ref getting much wrong.

The whistle went on 44:59 on the TV clock so your claim of the time is a load of shite too.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Imagine being this raging when your team won. Watched the whole game on TV and don't remember the ref getting much wrong.

The whistle went on 44:59 on the TV clock so your claim of the time is a load of shite too.

Don’t know why you think I’m raging. I’m very happy. We won, I’ve got a beer, and am just about to watch Europe being shite in the Ryder Cup. Sincere apologies, I thought he blew at 44.45. 

Your post is shite, Collum was his usual crap centre of attention self today. When both sets of fans are singing the ‘Willie Collum you’re a w****r, you’re a w****r’ song, then you know, it’s been the Collum show again.

Mon’ Jon Rahm.

Edited by pozbaird

11 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

I thought he was really passive and left Erhahon and McGrath to do most of the defensive work, and his passing was hopeless again.

Agree, and his passing was very poor as well, gave the ball away a lot, often simple 5 yard passes as well. He got better as the game went on to be fair, but that first half Erhahon was the one cleaning up all his mistakes (not to mention creating the first goal). I don't really understand why he's become such a boo boy target this season to be honest.

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Dead man walking is a bit harsh but things need to pick up soon.

At least it's not an expensive gamble in terms of his contract. There's a good squad for any future manager to work with too.

Genuinely interested in you thinking we currently have a good squad?