St Mirren v Aberdeen

Lovely to see us actually manage a game well for a change - moved the ball well after going 3-2 up and in the last few minutes we kept it in the right areas. Used to having palpitations when we’re defending a lead late on!

Red card and follow-up sub from Goodwin changed the game in our favour, up to that point we were guilty of conceding possession cheaply in midfield, and the likes of Brown were bossing the game.

Thought Aberdeen looked fairly decent in flashes, but out of possession have clearly taken on their captain’s niggly traits. Fine when it works for you…

For us, the goals will do Roman the world of good, but thought he was a bit quiet otherwise. Certainly made the most of the space in the last half hour though. Tanser keeps impressing going forward, and if McAllister adds a final ball, his willingness to take men on could be a game-changer. Feel like we’ve said that for a few years though.

34 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

We've played 14 games. Plus 4 last season. The storm clouds are gathering.

Not even the most pessimistic fan could say we’ve been pish for all 18 games to be fair. Nothing like it. Even today we were dominating, playing some good stuff and winning until the red card. You’ve got to show a wee bit of balance in your critique of Mr Glass. But you’re right, because it’s Aberdeen fans the storm clouds will be gathering.

The Willie Collum Show. The man isn’t biased or bent, he’s just an incompetent bellend. Gave us a free kick in an incident where Shaughnessy simply jumped too early with his man. Stopped play with Aberdeen in a tremendous position, should have played advantage. Blew the whistle to end the first half with 44mins 44 secs on the clock. Gave Broony grief, ordering him (in his usual officious style) to take a free kick five or so yards back… then watched as the free kick was taken from the exact same spot anyway. Gave Aberdeen a free kick in an incident he clearly never even saw. It happened behind him, and was merely an accidental coming together. He hears the crowd noise, turns around, sees a player on the deck, so gives a foul. He never booked Power for a clear dive, when Power clearly thought Brown was going to steam in, but he held back, so Power flew through the air ‘anticipating the contact’.

Never mind the yellows and the red, or any number of other errors, incidents, acts of buffoonery…the man is a shite referee, simple as that. When he’s the referee it always, always, turns into the Willie Collum show. Every time I see him listed as being the referee, I groan, knowing what lies ahead.

We deserved the win though. Despite Collum’s best efforts, an entertaining game broke out. Love Joe Lewis to bits, he’s shit.

Edited by pozbaird

Don't see how Aberdeen can complain about the refereeing. Jenks second was brainless on a yellow card and could have been a straight red. I thought Hayes should have been off as well. 

Those arguing about Main and Bates for the third goal is not much different than the block that worked for them for their second. 

2 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Don't see how Aberdeen can complain about the refereeing. Jenks second was brainless on a yellow card and could have been a straight red. I thought Hayes should have been off as well. 

Those arguing about Main and Bates for the third goal is not much different than the block that worked for them for their second. 

I think everyone should be complaining about the refereeing. 

I thought that was the dirtiest team that we've played in a long time. Aberdeen were very fortunate to finish the game with just one sending off.

As for our performance,  we were ok for 25 minutes of the first half but then went to sleep and allowed Aberdeen back into the game. The 2nd half performance was decent from us, especially after the Dons went down to 10 men. 

Great performance from Ronan and his 2nd goal was a thing of beauty. 

Just now, kingjoey said:

Not even the most pessimistic fan could say we’ve been pish for all 18 games to be fair. Nothing like it. Even today we were dominating, playing some good stuff and winning until the red card. You’ve got to show a wee bit of balance in your critique of Mr Glass. But you’re right, because it’s Aberdeen fans the storm clouds will be gathering.

But there's always a reason why we lose/drop points. Ifs, ands, buts don't win points. I'm sure the games have been a bit/lot? more entertaining than under McInnes, but the end results are the same, not good. The tactics, players, management don't seem to be getting the blame. 

See where we are by Christmas, but that might be too late.

Hopefully there are two teams worse than we are, because our current run doesn't give encouragement, and (on current form) I would fancy whoever finishes runners up in the Championship to beat us.

That's the way I see it from over here, those who are watching live/PPV maybe see things different, and more optimistically.

12 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

But there's always a reason why we lose/drop points. Ifs, ands, buts don't win points. I'm sure the games have been a bit/lot? more entertaining than under McInnes, but the end results are the same, not good. The tactics, players, management don't seem to be getting the blame. 

See where we are by Christmas, but that might be too late.

Hopefully there are two teams worse than we are, because our current run doesn't give encouragement, and (on current form) I would fancy whoever finishes runners up in the Championship to beat us.

That's the way I see it from over here, those who are watching live/PPV maybe see things different, and more optimistically.

I am gradually losing my optimism, but, and I might regret typing this, there is no way that we will be in the bottom six come the split, so relegation in my view is not a concern. There are a lot of ifs and buts, but (there’s another one) our luck will change, but it may have to start in November.

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Both of you conveniently ignore the fact that Bates sees Main running and grabs him first.

Oh and Aberdeen's first goal was a foul by Brown on Fraser - a clear sneaky block so these things even out.

There's nowt so blind as a football fan.  🤣

It’s still a foul by Main. He throws Bates to the ground. But you would have still probably won the game.

Edited by kingjoey

24 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The Willie Collum Show. The man isn’t biased or bent, he’s just an incompetent bellend. Gave us a free kick in an incident where Shaughnessy simply jumped too early with his man. Stopped play with Aberdeen in a tremendous position, should have played advantage. Blew the whistle to end the first half with 44mins 44 secs on the clock. Gave Broony grief, ordering him (in his usual officious style) to take a free kick five or so yards back… then watched as the free kick was taken from the exact same spot anyway. Gave Aberdeen a free kick in an incident he clearly never even saw. It happened behind him, and was merely an accidental coming together. He hears the crowd noise, turns around, sees a player on the deck, so gives a foul. He never booked Power for a clear dive, when Power clearly thought Brown was going to steam in, but he held back, so Power flew through the air ‘anticipating the contact’.

Never mind the yellows and the red, or any number of other errors, incidents, acts of buffoonery…the man is a shite referee, simple as that. When he’s the referee it always, always, turns into the Willie Collum show. Every time I see him listed as being the referee, I groan, knowing what lies ahead.

We deserved the win though. Despite Collum’s best efforts, an entertaining game broke out. Love Joe Lewis to bits, he’s shit.

They got what they deserved with that incident though. From our corner MacKenzie stayed down inside his own box to try to get play stopped and waste a bit of time.  Collum did he right thing in stopping play for an apparent head knock

Unfortunately for MacKenzie, and the Dildons, he couldn't have expected his side to break so quickly leaving Hayes with only Power to pass to be clean through on goal.

Tough.