St Mirren v Aberdeen

15 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I fear for us if we can't get a quick goal. 

If we don't I worry that confidence will seep out of a team with almost none in the first place, we'll sink back into the risk averse 5 yard sideways passes, and eventually we'll be picked off by St Mirren.

The fact that we can't stop conceding goals is a worry, but we haven't scored the first goal in any league game since the first day of the season, and that desperately needs to change. 

Not getting an early goal is a bigger worry for me than the defence. If we're having 60%+ of the possession along with teams having to chase a goal then we'll give a few teams a hiding.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not getting an early goal is a bigger worry for me than the defence. If we're having 60%+ of the possession along with teams having to chase a goal then we'll give a few teams a hiding.

In my opinion,  some teams are quite happy for us to have possession, I'm not sure if it's a good measure of highlighting our dominance in matches.

4 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

In my opinion,  some teams are quite happy for us to have possession, I'm not sure if it's a good measure of highlighting our dominance in matches.

Teams have always been happy for us to have the possession but we're playing it along the ground now instead of constantly hitting the channels.

Needs a mix of both tbh.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

The grown up thing to do would have been to Pm @Ric and explain your resevations. Doing it all in public looks like attention seeking. 

Oh, they're at it. They are not offended at all. It's all a virtue signalling game, tiresome and tedious as it is.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The grown up thing to do would have been to Pm @Ric and explain your resevations. Doing it all in public looks like attention seeking. 

Yes, the correct way to stand up against homophobic slurs is to just PM people in the background rather than call them out publicly. 

Whopper. 

Anyway to get back to the football before Helen Lovejoy turned up..

Brown has been getting away with this sort of shit in a green shirt forever...

NINTCHDBPICT000480565759.jpg?w=620

With even perma-raging and green tinted spectacle wearer, Chris Sutton agreeing he should have seen red for it.

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

Anyway, back to the football. Good to see Hedges back. Hopefully not rushing him back too soon. Would be just our luck to see him break down after 20 minutes.

And as importantly, will Bates solve the problem of our fragile defence?

I liked the look of Bates when he played for Rangers,. Looked like a seasoned pro, maybe because of the team mates he had at the time but I don't see this as a bad signing for Aberdeen unless he has massively regressed.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yes, the correct way to stand up against homophobic slurs is to just PM people in the background rather than call them out publicly. 

Whopper. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Whopper. 

Correct. You're growing.