St Mirren v Aberdeen

20 hours ago, tarapoa said:

It's got the feel of 1994/95 - Willie Miller was "fed up of finishing second" to some extinct club.

He tried to revamp the playing style.  Despite having the likes of Shearer, Jess, Booth, Dodds, McKimmie we ended up in a relegation play-off.

Teams that defend well against us know they'll get chances - hopefully Bates helps with that, but I fear it's the overall setup of the team rather than individuals that is the problem.  Maybe these are expected teething problems - but new managers don't always get the luxury of time to see things through. 

So Brown takes over as manager and we win the league cup?

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Forgot Brown had moved to Aberdeen. It'll be interesting to see if he gets away with the sort of shit he did in green, now he is wearing red.

He's been booked 3 times. Two of them were in Europe.

Last season he'd been booked 6 times in the first 13 games. Tw of them were also in Europe.

(from soccerbase)

Good news that Hedges is back - should hopefully be fit enough to start and give us a different dimension. I am cautious about expecting one player to come back from injury and immediately change things, but he is probably our best player and we have really missed his guile. 

Has there been any news on Watkins? If he is available, I would like to see him played through the middle and Ramirez taking a break. If Ramirez does play, which I imagine he will, we need him to be much more effective in his ball-retention and movement than he has been in the last couple of games. 

Edited by DrewDon

On 24/09/2021 at 13:39, FTOF said:

I was reading that you'll have Bates, Watkins and Hedges available for Saturday. Surely that makes you a different proposition altogether.

We're improving, but an Aberdeen with the personnel that they have available to them, should be beating us comfortably.

Definitely a different proposition but these guys won't be up to match fitness.

If life was fair the ex player rule would go in our favour for once with Main scoring the winner (or Captain Fantastic).

Don't know what to expect from Aberdeen, we'll need to be at it for the full 90 if we want to win. 

I think Erhahon and Main will start after the way we played towards the end at Easter Road.

There's a 'Spoons in County Square right outside Gilmour St Station.  Think they open early.  Might be able to get a few pints then jump on a train to St James, will be about 2 minutes on the choo choo to the wee station thats right outside the ground.  

Edited by Doctor Sanchez
Fingers like pigs tits.

1 minute ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

There's a 'Spoons in County Square right outside Gilmour St Station.  Think they open early.  Might be able to get a few pints then jump on a train to St James, will be about 2 minutes on the choo choo to the wee station thats right outside the ground.  

The 1135h train from GS gets into StJ at 1137h.  Might be feasible...  

3 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Good news that Hedges is back - should hopefully be fit enough to start and give us a different dimension. I am cautious about expecting one player to come back from injury and immediately change things, but he is probably our best player and we have really missed his guile. 

Has there been any news on Watkins? If he is available, I would like to see him played through the middle and Ramirez taking a break. If Ramirez does play, which I imagine he will, we need him to be much more effective in his ball-retention and movement than he has been in the last couple of games. 

Watkins has been ruled out for this one.

10 hours ago, Ric said:

Forgot Brown had moved to Aberdeen. It'll be interesting to see if he gets away with the sort of shit he did in green, now he is wearing red.

Of course he will. I think Gollum is the ref.

A draw is certainly the most likely outcome, and wouldn’t be a bad result for either side really. Out of our seven games against top flight opponents this season we have drawn five of them.
I would probably get Erhahon in for Reid today, he made a real difference to the midfield when he came on last week.
Think would stick with Brophy upfront on his own, but try to get McGrath a bit further forward to help him out.
We’re due to turn one of these tight games into a win, but don’t think it will be today.
1-1

Guest Bob Mahelp

I fear for us if we can't get a quick goal. 

If we don't I worry that confidence will seep out of a team with almost none in the first place, we'll sink back into the risk averse 5 yard sideways passes, and eventually we'll be picked off by St Mirren.

The fact that we can't stop conceding goals is a worry, but we haven't scored the first goal in any league game since the first day of the season, and that desperately needs to change.