Arbroath v Killie

Gutted I'm missing this tonight, read all the Doug Johnstone novels during lock down and thoroughly enjoyed the crawl around the pubs that reminded me of the last trip up there as a young 18 Yr old ending at Tutties. Hope all have a great and safe night with goals for the cameras in a hard fought 2-1 win for the only team in Ayrshire. 

Gutted I'm missing this tonight, read all the Doug Johnstone novels during lock down and thoroughly enjoyed the crawl around the pubs that reminded me of the last trip up there as a young 18 Yr old ending at Tutties. Hope all have a great and safe night with goals for the cameras in a hard fought 2-1 win for the only team in Ayrshire. 

How had I not heard of Doug Johnstone? Thank you.

Out of the 38 senior grounds I've been in this is the only one I have never seen a match involving Killie, so looking forward to this tonight.  I went to a pre-season friendly around 1970 (possibly against Preston). 

I think this will be a tough match and I will be delighted if we manage to get 3 points.  

Dick Campbell has done an amazing job with Arbroath and deserves all the credit he's been getting of late. 

57 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This definitely isn't true. Rugby Park will have had at least twice as many televised games as Gayfield over the last few years.

Ok, maybe you’re right. The last time I remember watching Killie live on TV was when you got pumped oot of Europe by those Welsh hammer throwers. We’ve been on 3 or 4 times since then but no biggie. I just hope those floodlights hold up to the big game pressure.

7 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Ok, maybe you’re right. The last time I remember watching Killie live on TV was when you got pumped oot of Europe by those Welsh hammer throwers. We’ve been on 3 or 4 times since then but no biggie. I just hope those floodlights hold up to the big game pressure.

That game wasn't on TV so I've got no idea where you watched it.

30 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Are you sure? Maybe I was listening on the radio. Was the first leg televised?

The first leg was televised, we won that.  We have also been live several times, especially when the OF had their numerous visits to  Rugby Park, some that we actually won.

2 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Which novel was this ?

Wouldn't mind giving it a read.

Sure that one was Tombestoning, a school reunion in Arbroath brings up some deadly consequences........... 

PM me, I'm sure I can email a kindle version if like me you've gave in and donated the majority of your old fashioned kind of book collection. 

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Calm down? Just having a laugh. Got a lot of time for killie actually, especially when they’re getting it right up the OF.

That's so nice, seemed like everybody in the premiership hated us.

My boy dropped off some beer, so ready to watch the beeb geniuses.